You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Stag

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 13>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Makes great Pancakes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WindBag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2013 at 1:16pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Krakow will be full of English stags.
Hamburg is a filthy place full of whore houses etc...and is a lot worse than Amsterdam.

My recommendation is Budapest.
It's cheap, it's cheap to get there, the women are unreal, and there is great night-life in the clubs along the Danube.

+1....been here for my own stag and was there on a gaa trip 2 yrs ago...both awesome trips!
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2013 at 2:16pm
Originally posted by kevjreilly kevjreilly wrote:

Right 3 choices seem to be Munich, Budapest and Dusseldorf.

Think Budapest looks class. Lots of cool activities and the aul turkish baths. I think he has been to Dusseldork once or twice as we had relations there for a while so Munich will be the second choice.

Was looking up hostels in Budapest one had the tag line 'You have plenty of time to sleep when your dead so we suggest you dont waste the time doing that here' Has me sold

Think thats the Retox Hostel, I'm going there tomorrow, the reviews on hostelworld are gas
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2013 at 2:31pm
Budapest is quality, salzburg may remember the name of the bar we went to there but was voted third best in the world, it was clasClap
The Saint View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Saint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2013 at 2:32pm
Was in Budapest before and it's a class spot.
Stopping there en route to Vienna in September
FAIlure

Good shot, lovely ............ oh good jaysus
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2013 at 2:49pm
Originally posted by RogerMilla RogerMilla wrote:

hamburg is deadly HB obviously caught it on a bad weekend !
budapest is great as well, can be fierce cheap if you get into the right bars.

wouldnt go to poznan again unless it was hosting another tournament

I've been to Hamburg 3 times - twice for a stag and once for a wedding.

It's the biggest sh*t hole I was ever in - I had a good time but some of things I saw were bizzarre.

Some skin head oul one boobs hanging out having a piss on the footpath at 2 in the day.

Went into one of those peep shows at 1 in the day where you paid 50 cent in and some tramp standing on a wooden box dancing looking for here hole for about 20 euro.

Absolute cretin of yolk. It was both funny and surreal to honest.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Steve Amsterdam View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I love buses

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Amsterdam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2013 at 3:07pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Originally posted by RogerMilla RogerMilla wrote:

hamburg is deadly HB obviously caught it on a bad weekend !
budapest is great as well, can be fierce cheap if you get into the right bars.

wouldnt go to poznan again unless it was hosting another tournament

I've been to Hamburg 3 times - twice for a stag and once for a wedding.

It's the biggest sh*t hole I was ever in - I had a good time but some of things I saw were bizzarre.

Some skin head oul one boobs hanging out having a piss on the footpath at 2 in the day.

Went into one of those peep shows at 1 in the day where you paid 50 cent in and some tramp standing on a wooden box dancing looking for here hole for about 20 euro.

Absolute cretin of yolk. It was both funny and surreal to honest.

The Reeperbahn is a mental spot alright. Rest of the town is nice enough though.
Molly Malone's pub- The home of YBIG in Amsterdam!
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2013 at 3:12pm
Some of the hookers in Herbertstraße were absolutely stunning

Well worth a visit.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2013 at 3:14pm
Originally posted by El_nino El_nino wrote:

The Turkish baths in Budapest are the best hangover cure ever

Did them last December.
Outdoor when it was -5.
londonirish View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote londonirish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2013 at 3:23pm
Budapest is a great town but you do need to do your research before you go. As people have mentioned there's no obvious central point. Along the river is good fun but from memory the bars and boat clubs were not stag friendly. I guess it depends on the group.

The student district is in my opinion the best area to head to if you want good underground bars (or "ruin" bars) and sound locals. These were ex-communist drinking holes back in the day and it's when the younger student type will be found. You'll get no hassle here.

If you want to spend a weekend in an irish pub (as some will sadly do) then you wont have to look far!

Edited by londonirish - 09 Jul 2013 at 3:36pm
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2013 at 4:05pm
Budapest just sounds better, I've to organise a stags once my mate ever gets around to proposing, think I'll pick Budapest. Be good to hear your reviews of the place Kev
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2013 at 4:14pm
If you do get to Budapest make sure to check out the Borozo's, they are cellar bars that sell wine by the half litre for buttons and your sure to meet some of the local "characters". Usually found on a street corner and easy spotted by a lantern with a  picture of a bunch of grapes on it. Oh and dont mind the purple bearded old lads knocking about outside.

The Gellart has excellent sauna/baths........and if your interested in history you should check out the museum of terror located in the former HQ of the communist secret police, quiet an eerie place....
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
kevjreilly View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevjreilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2013 at 4:14pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Think Budapest looks class. Lots of cool activities and the aul turkish baths. I think he has been to Dusseldork once or twice as we had relations there for a while so Munich will be the second choice.

Was looking up hostels in Budapest one had the tag line 'You have plenty of time to sleep when your dead so we suggest you dont waste the time doing that here' Has me sold

Think thats the Retox Hostel, I'm going there tomorrow, the reviews on hostelworld are gas

From the sounds of it this will be the best option as I have done Hamburg and Poland so somewhere new is good for me and the bro wont care once he is drunk.

Read it 3 times before posting
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevjreilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2013 at 4:16pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

Budapest just sounds better, I've to organise a stags once my mate ever gets around to proposing, think I'll pick Budapest. Be good to hear your reviews of the place Kev

yeah i will. its not till maybe march/april next yer just getting the work in early as I have loads on coming up to christmas.

There seems to be load of activities as well:

Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevjreilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2013 at 4:16pm
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

If you do get to Budapest make sure to check out the Borozo's, they are cellar bars that sell wine by the half litre for buttons and your sure to meet some of the local "characters". Usually found on a street corner and easy spotted by a lantern with a  picture of a bunch of grapes on it. Oh and dont mind the purple bearded old lads knocking about outside.

The Gellart has excellent sauna/baths........and if your interested in history you should check out the museum of terror located in the former HQ of the communist secret police, quiet an eerie place....

Cheers

BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2013 at 4:40pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

Justice get a bird?
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2013 at 4:48pm

Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

From the sounds of it this will be the best option as I have done Hamburg and Poland so somewhere new is good for me and the bro wont care once he is drunk.

Ye I'll let you know what it's like, mates are there at the moment and are saying its great craic.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Jackthelad View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
It's OUR year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackthelad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2014 at 11:21am
Well lads, doing a bit of research into this myself.
Munich was the 1 that has jumped to the top of the queue in my mind for no particular reason other than I love Germany, brilliant place IMO.
Did kev report back on Budapest?
The advatage of Munich for me is it's easier to get to from shannon for us.
Wed be going in the summertime so weather would be good aswell.
Anybody with stories to tell good or bad? Or other suggestions? It's early days in the planning.
Is it seedy like hamburg and Frankfurt are? I'd prefer if they weren't if I'm honest! The drink will be the attraction.
Oh Poland we loved you.....
AntrimMan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
YBIG's resident Nordy/London Hipster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntrimMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2014 at 11:26am
Went a few years ago to the Oktoberfest so spent most of the time there.

Lovely city though. The beerhalls are class. No, not a seedy vibe like Hamburg. Very different.
@AntrimMan85
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 13>
  Share Topic