You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

St. Patrick's Day in 2021

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2017 at 12:02pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Heading to Drop Dead Twice tomorrow night, it's a bring your own spirit cocktail bar,

Basically you pay 30euro for 3 hours and bring your own booze and they make cocktails for you

Please tell me this is a wind up?LOL

Nope have heard of this. The phrase 'Fools and their money are easily parted' has never been truer.
I have heard of it, that isn't my disbelief, it is very common with hipster ****s, I am just amazed and surprised that Lassie is going for it.

TBH I doing nothing else better LOL and it seemed like a decent idea and good company

, I will admit it is expensive enough and the fact the most bar staff in Ireland haven't a f**king clue how to pour a pint of Guinness much less make a cocktail.

You do get the bring home what they don't use so the plan after is too watch the sunrise while finishing off a bottle of Gin or rum

Edited by lassassinblanc - 15 Mar 2017 at 12:03pm
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2017 at 12:07pm

Heading to Drop Dead Twice tomorrow night, it's a bring your own spirit cocktail bar,

Basically you pay 30euro for 3 hours and bring your own booze and they make cocktails for you

Nope have heard of this. The phrase 'Fools and their money are easily parted' has never been truer.
I have heard of it, that isn't my disbelief, it is very common with hipster ****s, I am just amazed and surprised that Lassie is going for it.

TBH I doing nothing else better LOL and it seemed like a decent idea, I will admit it is expensive enough and the fact the most bar staff in Ireland haven't a f**king clue how to pour a pint of Guinness much less make a cocktail.

You do get the bring what they don't use so the plan after is too watch the sunrise while finishing off a bottle of Gin or rum
Try the Tans, they can't add two drinks together in their head, never mind pour a pint. 
The second part of the plan sounds grand, giving some smug **** with a beard 30 euro to pour a drink is something that would encourage murder. A hipster bar in Dublin, holy f**k!
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2017 at 12:18pm

TBH I doing nothing else better LOL and it seemed like a decent idea, I will admit it is expensive enough and the fact the most bar staff in Ireland haven't a f**king clue how to pour a pint of Guinness much less make a cocktail.

You do get the bring what they don't use so the plan after is too watch the sunrise while finishing off a bottle of Gin or rum
Try the Tans, they can't add two drinks together in their head, never mind pour a pint. 
The second part of the plan sounds grand, giving some smug **** with a beard 30 euro to pour a drink is something that would encourage murder. A hipster bar in Dublin, holy f**k!

They're taking over PM LOL
AntrimMan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
YBIG's resident Nordy/London Hipster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntrimMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2017 at 12:19pm

TBH I doing nothing else better LOL and it seemed like a decent idea and good company

, I will admit it is expensive enough and the fact the most bar staff in Ireland haven't a f**king clue how to pour a pint of Guinness much less make a cocktail.

You do get the bring home what they don't use so the plan after is too watch the sunrise while finishing off a bottle of Gin or rum

You would f***ing hope so, it was yours to begin with.
@AntrimMan85
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2017 at 12:19pm

They're taking over PM LOL
I know they are, we need to relax our gun laws.
tony grealish View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tony grealish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2017 at 12:20pm

Mother of jaysus. Are you doing this at gunpoint or of your own volition?
''I've had a rough night and I hate the f**kin eagles, man!!''
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2017 at 12:27pm

That's awful bollocksology altogether LOL
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2017 at 12:28pm
i know its blatantly clera from the posts above but please just confirm to me, you bring your own spirits to this place and pay them to pour it into a glass for you?

So €30 & €20 (spirit dependant of course) so €50 to sit in someone elses place for 3 hours? This Drop Dead Twice place must have huge windows

GB 1HughJarse View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GB 1HughJarse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2017 at 12:34pm
So what actually happens is you pay €30 for a little paper parasol and an olive on a cocktail stick. And you have to sit there in awkward silence while some lad stands in front of you shaking his shaker whilst eyeing up your missus
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2017 at 12:41pm
Originally posted by GB 1HughJarse GB 1HughJarse wrote:

So what actually happens is you pay €30 for a little paper parasol and an olive on a cocktail stick. And you have to sit there in awkward silence while some lad stands in front of you shaking his shaker whilst eyeing up your missus

LOL
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
AnCearrbhach View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnCearrbhach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2017 at 12:45pm
Wouldn't be into the cocktails myself so haven't been but some of the lads love the place. Especially for a night our with the missus. You either like that kind of thing or you don't. It's sold as a bespoke cocktail experience (just said that as I know it'll make some of ye vomit in your mouths LOL)
Aithníonn ciaróg ciaróg eile.
heighway2heaven View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heighway2heaven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2017 at 12:52pm
And they let you keep the leftover booze you don't get through..?! 

How charitable and magnanimous of them! LOL
http://giant.gfycat.com/LimpLittleArabianoryx.gif
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2017 at 12:56pm
Anyone who uses the term 'bespoke' should be buried alive.
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2017 at 12:58pm
Heading up to Sion Mills for a Backgammon competition.......
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2017 at 1:02pm
Lass that plan for St Patrick's Day sounds cxxtish LOL
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2017 at 1:02pm
I like a bit of backgammon but could never understand the pineapple.
Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2017 at 1:07pm
This is up there with the lads in the UK selling jars of air.
darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2017 at 1:08pm
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Heading up to Sion Mills for a Backgammon competition.......

Drove past that place at the weekend on my way to Donegal. It seems like a strange place.
The dark side.. And the light
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
  Share Topic