You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

St. Patricks Athletic FC thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2021222324 88>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoneToShowgies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2018 at 5:14am
Originally posted by Daragho Daragho wrote:

Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Owe €4m

What's going on there?

It's nearly all to the owner. So, Kelleher owes himself €3.7m.

Other clubs work their aŕses off to bring in funds while Pats get handed a cheque. Thats not sustainable and the bubble surely has to burst sooner or later. Would it be that big a surprise to see Pats playing in FD and renting in Tallaght or the Morton if they cant afford SDCC.
Sponsored Links

nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2018 at 5:29am

Owe €4m

What's going on there?

Not exactly how I'd put it...

Not a good state of affairs and seem to be doing what we did last season and spending a lot on wages, Garvan was due to come to us last year and we said no with the wages which says a lot given what we were paying.

Much like Bray, need to get the house in order

saintjoey View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saintjoey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2018 at 10:24am

Owe €4m

What's going on there?

Not exactly how I'd put it...

Not a good state of affairs and seem to be doing what we did last season and spending a lot on wages, Garvan was due to come to us last year and we said no with the wages which says a lot given what we were paying.

Much like Bray, need to get the house in order

Pats turned a profit last season, GK owns the club and he pays the bills similar to your man ato Chelsea, he has no intention of ever looking for that money back and that money has been "owed"for years it's not a new thing.

Not concerned by this at all and it's been well known our success over the last few years wouldn't have came without GKs money
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2018 at 12:14pm
Originally posted by GoneToShowgies GoneToShowgies wrote:

Owe €4m

What's going on there?

Other clubs work their aŕses off to bring in funds while Pats get handed a cheque. Thats not sustainable and the bubble surely has to burst sooner or later. Would it be that big a surprise to see Pats playing in FD and renting in Tallaght or the Morton if they cant afford SDCC.

Well if it ever comes to the case that they move out of richmond, I assume they will sell it for quite a lot of money, so renting of SDCC shouldn't be a problem.

I also belive GK can not sell the ground himself

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
Pat D. Almighty View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pat D. Almighty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2018 at 5:28pm
I hope Pats don't move too far from Inchicore, if there is a move on the cards that is. Can't see much room to improve at Richmond, St. Michael's estate "project" is not officially out of the realms of possibility, but if not there, where?

If its anything outside Dublin 8, the club will lose a good chunk of support. Good site in Drimnagh across the canal from the Black Horse in Inchicore. Could be a good spot for a 5k stadium. Or maybe just move to Ballyfermot, where most of the fans live :)
da_launchpad View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote da_launchpad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2018 at 12:09pm
Originally posted by Pat D. Almighty Pat D. Almighty wrote:

I hope Pats don't move too far from Inchicore, if there is a move on the cards that is. Can't see much room to improve at Richmond, St. Michael's estate "project" is not officially out of the realms of possibility, but if not there, where?

If its anything outside Dublin 8, the club will lose a good chunk of support. Good site in Drimnagh across the canal from the Black Horse in Inchicore. Could be a good spot for a 5k stadium. Or maybe just move to Ballyfermot, where most of the fans live :)

why would they move really? The ground fits its purpose and has good support in the area.

Tonight should be a good game - and one Pats should be winning comfortably. I started living in Inchicore the last couple of years and enjoy heading to the games particularly over by the terraced sideline listening to the abuse that do be thrown at the linesman and the opposition LOL
Few pints before and after in one of the local pubs and a shout in to Toni's chipper for the dinner at some stage - good craic!!! 

Edited by da_launchpad - 23 Mar 2018 at 12:10pm
If in doubt just f**k it out!!! Stop the nonsense as Johnny Giles would say
GoneToShowgies View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoneToShowgies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2018 at 1:38pm
Pats this and Pats that. Its nothing to do with club or fans. Kelleher is the head honcho. He owns Richmond, bankrolls the club and makes the decisions.
Fair enough I'm looking from the outside in but when you get down to brass tacks: GK has lost 4 million running the club. Sooner or later he will pull the plug on that. At which time he will either take the hit of millions or try to recoup his cash. And the only way to recoup would be to sell Richmond, he's hardly going to give Richmond to Pats when he walks away!

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2018 at 3:25pm

Pats this and Pats that. Its nothing to do with club or fans. Kelleher is the head honcho. He owns Richmond, bankrolls the club and makes the decisions.
Fair enough I'm looking from the outside in but when you get down to brass tacks: GK has lost 4 million running the club. Sooner or later he will pull the plug on that. At which time he will either take the hit of millions or try to recoup his cash. And the only way to recoup would be to sell Richmond, he's hardly going to give Richmond to Pats when he walks away!

I think it was already stated on here that GK can't sell Richmond Park.
saintjoey View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saintjoey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2018 at 6:27pm

He's never getting that money back that's how it is, he's well aware of it,a fair chunk of that money was from 2007 and 2008 as well.

He's travels the whole country to watch the team I've zero doubts about his commitment to do what is best for the club in fact the only people who seem anyway worried are outsiders.

One things for sure pats would already been in tallaght if it wasn't for him we owe him greatly
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2018 at 7:48pm

Another Toner mistake. Great strike from McEneff in fairness. One nil Derry
El Puto Amo
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2018 at 7:55pm
Was easier to score there
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2018 at 7:57pm
Jaysus what a miss.
And then the ref robs us! What was that disallowed for? The keeper made a bollox of it
El Puto Amo
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2018 at 8:22pm
Bad mistake from Toner. He keeps trying the Shane Duffy diagonal and it hasn't worked once.

Have no idea what the goal was disallowed for. Pats looking dangerous from crosses/set-pieces despite not being the biggest team.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2018 at 9:03pm

Great hit again. How the fook are Saints two down here?
El Puto Amo
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2018 at 9:25pm
I don't know how Pats didnt get anything from that game, combination of bad luck and awful finishing.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2018 at 9:25pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

I don't know how Pats didnt get anything from that game, combination of bad luck and awful finishing.

Agreed. Add to that a very poor decision from the ref to disallow the goal
El Puto Amo
The Count View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Count Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2018 at 9:37pm
some amount of chances in the last 5 mins
eboue16 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eboue16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2018 at 11:16pm
Pats were overall better team but couldnt finish. Think Kerr was spot on with them needing a more physical presence up top. Sloppy mistakes costing them again. Could have been worse woth Toner cocking up (again) in last few mins
"He f**ked me over and my attitude is an eye for an eye."
Roy Keane
Talking about Alf Inge Haaland tackle
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2021222324 88>
  Share Topic