You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

St. Patricks Athletic FC thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7071727374 89>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2023 at 10:10pm

Routine win for Rovers. Pats not up to it. They are physically stronger, neater in possession and seem to pick up all the breaking balls when the game is loose. Didn’t help that we were missing all our decent centre halves although McGrath isn’t bad. Lyness is a superb shot stopper and made a couple of excellent saves. McClelland gave it away cheaply for Kennys goal. Trevor Clarke’s strike was a belter for the second.
El Puto Amo
Sponsored Links

Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2023 at 10:45pm
Would agree with the assessment. Well beaten.

Clancy's record against the top sides is poor.
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2023 at 4:18pm
oh ffs goalie Dead

Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2023 at 11:06am
Clancy gone. I dont think too many supporters will be mourning his departure. 
He played horrible attritional football bypassing our better creative players. I can tolerate long ball if you are prepared to commit bodies forward to pick up the pieces and pin the opposition in. We didnt even do that. Clancy couldnt settle on a formation and chopped and changed players without an obvious logic to me. 

Although some of the recent recruitment has been poor, there is still enough talent to get us into the top 4
El Puto Amo
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2023 at 11:13am
No surprise, Pats have some excellent players & have been pretty poor all season. Playing brilliantly against bohs for 15mins & the routine wins over the bottom sides a few weeks back papered over the cracks a bit 
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2023 at 12:24pm
Pat's were absolutely shocking yesterday against Sligo Rovers. Don't remember even 1 chance they created. We weren't great either but we didn't have to be. Got the goal and just sailed through till the end of the game. I can see why Pat's fans would be alarmed.

Have Pats fans any names in mind?
I love beer gardens
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2023 at 12:59pm
Right call, six weeks too late.

Second multiple game losing run of the season.

Awful record against top sides.

No shots on goal over both games this weekend. No goals in three games.
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2023 at 1:31pm
Thought he had weathered the storm with a few decent results but yesterdays result was poor. Pat's were dreadful when we played out there earlier in the season. Be interesting to see who you get in
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2023 at 6:34pm
Originally posted by Gaz Gaz wrote:

Thought he had weathered the storm with a few decent results but yesterdays result was poor. Pat's were dreadful when we played out there earlier in the season. Be interesting to see who you get in

He got a reprieve due to a friendly run of fixtures at the end of series one.

The flip side of the is that the start to series 2 was tough.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2023 at 9:00pm
An absolute cracker from Mulraney. Clap
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2023 at 9:41pm
Still can't defend but a badly needed win. 

Two brutal goals to concede but lovely through ball by Forrester for the winner there. 

Great start for Daly Clap

Edited by irishmufc - 05 May 2023 at 9:41pm
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2023 at 11:29am
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Still can't defend but a badly needed win. 

Two brutal goals to concede but lovely through ball by Forrester for the winner there. 

Great start for Daly Clap

Same for us conceding goals at an awful rate.
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2023 at 10:53pm
Was happy with the win tonight. Was a good competitive and even game, was impressed with the tempo and organisation Drogheda showed. They are a good side.

It was a fortunate goal to break the deadlock.

Left with a smile on my face and another great evening by the banks of the Camac
 Crowd 4k plus again.
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2023 at 11:06am
Two things to notice about Fridays game.

Pats have about 8 players aged 20 or under involved in the first team. Five of whom played on Friday including an established first team player who is 17 and highly rated mason melia, who is not 16 until October. Melia became the 3rd youngest ever Loi player.

There is a huge increase in families bringing kids to the games. Its so important to continuity of support that people are brought up following a club. I got there early, the excitement visible on these kids as the team warmed up was really encouraging. Brings me back to going with my dad in the 90s.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2023 at 11:54am
Not related to Pats but there is a huge increase in kids going to games I believe, my son whose 14 now, who never watched football before, (he does play it) goes to all the Shels games, all his mates go, all this class mates go and a good few off his football team go.

Really encouraging to see, he wanted me to drive him to the Showgrounds yesterday and I said I can't - he said f**k it he'll just get the DART instead LOL
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2023 at 12:03pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Not related to Pats but there is a huge increase in kids going to games I believe, my son whose 14 now, who never watched football before, (he does play it) goes to all the Shels games, all his mates go, all this class mates go and a good few off his football team go.

Really encouraging to see, he wanted me to drive him to the Showgrounds yesterday and I said I can't - he said f**k it he'll just get the DART instead LOL

LOL
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2023 at 12:44pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

LOL
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2023 at 1:16pm

I got my company to sponsor a Pats match. That might have been a hard sell in the past but with increased attendances and a more positive outlook, they went along with it. 
I brought my MD and a couple of others and they really enjoyed it. 
Pats were very accommodating. They put us sitting with the injured/ suspended players. Brian Kerr was there too. They brought us into the house at half time and showed us the memorabilia. My gaffer was on to me the next day to say he will definitely be back. 
I can’t remember the cost but it was very reasonable. 
Anyway the whole scene is more appealing to corporates now which is an added benefits. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7071727374 89>
  Share Topic