You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

St. Patricks Athletic FC thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6667686970 89>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saintjoey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2023 at 9:56pm
Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Originally posted by saintjoey saintjoey wrote:

Jake Mulraney signed, huge signing 

Explained his reasons very well on OTB last night and the effect it was having on his family with him being away for weekends at a time. You’d forget how much travel is involved in the MLS.

Weird he's gone to Pats ahead of Rovers or Derry. He was on $300k plus in America. Whilst he was never going to get near that here with any club, you'd assume Rovers and Derry would have been able to offer him a better deal. 

Even forgetting the money, Pats are still some way of the standard of those too. He'd have gotten into the Rovers team IMO and would have a good chance fo playing European ball and silverware. He'll get maybe 2 rounds with Pats in Europe, a cup run (if lucky) and a battle for 3rd-5th place.

He's from the local area, him or his family may be pats fans and the few extra quid might not matter or pats may have pushed the boat out like they do for certain players who knows either way its a fantastic signing 
Sponsored Links

BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2023 at 10:14pm
Couple of young lads playing for Pats tonight that I couldn’t believe they gave pro deals to. Nowhere near good enough imo
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
TBWRA View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TBWRA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2023 at 10:32am
New away shirt is quality 
"The Football Grounds of Europe" about Dalymount that :- "You walk down lanes you'd expect to find a backstreet mechanic only to stumble onto a national stadium steeped in tradition and history"
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2023 at 11:37am
Originally posted by TBWRA TBWRA wrote:

The yellow one? Think it's a third strip. 

I enjoy bohs following friends having a hernia when bohs have to wear away shirts at home against us Sleepy as if bohs home colours should dictate what colours we choose.

Looking forward to the season, have a good feeling we ll go well. Continuity is key.
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
Glen of Aherlow View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glen of Aherlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2023 at 11:57am
Originally posted by Saint Tom Saint Tom wrote:

I enjoy bohs following friends having a hernia when bohs have to wear away shirts at home against us Sleepy as if bohs home colours should dictate what colours we choose.

Looking forward to the season, have a good feeling we ll go well. Continuity is key.

Yeah Clancy having a year under his belt and most of the squad still there should be a big help . Really looking forward to seeing Mulraney and Lonergan in action.

Do you reckon would there be any possibility for us to put in a stand at the Shed End like the one Bohs have put in for away supporters . would there be room ?
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2023 at 3:30pm
Originally posted by Glen of Aherlow Glen of Aherlow wrote:

Yeah Clancy having a year under his belt and most of the squad still there should be a big help . Really looking forward to seeing Mulraney and Lonergan in action.

Do you reckon would there be any possibility for us to put in a stand at the Shed End like the one Bohs have put in for away supporters . would there be room ?

I'm guessing as there are already permanent steps there so other than putting crash barriers I don't see anything happening.

I think we need something to change more fundamentally because it's becoming clearer that Richmond doesn't have the facilities to help us grow in the medium term. It's a great ground, you are right on top of the pitch and it's in our heartland. 

10 Box View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 10 Box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2023 at 3:35pm

Originally posted by Glen of Aherlow Glen of Aherlow wrote:

I'm guessing as there are already permanent steps there so other than putting crash barriers I don't see anything happening.

I think we need something to change more fundamentally because it's becoming clearer that Richmond doesn't have the facilities to help us grow in the medium term. It's a great ground, you are right on top of the pitch and it's in our heartland. 

If the league continues to grow as it has the last couple of seasons the grounds will become a major issue for a few clubs.
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2023 at 4:00pm

The club have been hinting at an announcement regarding the ground for some time now. They said that they waiting to get all the relevant stakeholders on board before doing so. It seems the redevelopment of Richmond is preferred to a move away which is good news. 

El Puto Amo
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2023 at 6:04pm

Ya that yellow strip is class looking. Best in the league i would say. Yellow jerseys always tend to be nice in general IMO.
I love beer gardens
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2023 at 10:06pm
Thought it was a poor goal to concede but absolutely delighted with that late point. 

Redmond.  Clap

Mulraney looked decent when he came on but Lonergan didn't get much joy up against a tough Derry defence. 

Edited by irishmufc - 17 Feb 2023 at 10:09pm
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2023 at 10:12pm
great result for the champions 
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2023 at 11:57pm
The tempo increased when Eoin Doyle and Mulraney came on. Pats put serious pressure on Derry for the last 15 minutes and it eventually paid off. Mulraney looked different class in flashes. Very good game I thought.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2023 at 2:39pm
I usually get the bus to Inchicore but planning to drive tonight. Where is best to park near the ground lads?
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2023 at 3:16pm
Originally posted by Gaz Gaz wrote:

I usually get the bus to Inchicore but planning to drive tonight. Where is best to park near the ground lads?

You’ll get free parking by the flats. Stick St Vincent’s road West into Google maps. It’ll be busy but you’ll be grand. 
El Puto Amo
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2023 at 8:43pm

The forum might be more entertaining than that first half. There’s a big crowd here being served up dirt by both sides. 
El Puto Amo
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2023 at 10:11pm

Sh1te game. We were muck. Shels are worse. 
On the plus side, nice to come out the right side of a tight game. Also it was jammed in Richmond tonight. 
El Puto Amo
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2023 at 11:09pm
Pats were dreadful for large parts but are still a better side than shels are.

They will feel hard done by to lose that. They are well organised and physically strong but don't look like scoring.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2023 at 11:33pm

Pats were dreadful for large parts but are still a better side than shels are.

They will feel hard done by to lose that. They are well organised and physically strong but don't look like scoring.

Duff wouldn’t shake Clancys hand at the end. Bitter little sap
El Puto Amo
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6667686970 89>
  Share Topic