You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

St. Patricks Athletic FC thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4950515253 89>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2021 at 10:00pm

The better side won. Pats didn’t have enough going forward. Looked very shaky defensively at times too. Thought Bone was poor. 
El Puto Amo
Sponsored Links

irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2021 at 10:06pm
Realistically second spot is going to be the main objective as Rovers had too much for Pats tonight and will win the league with no real challenge this season. 

Hopefully Sligo and Bohs can drop points in their games in hand and they'll also be playing each other in a couple of weeks. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2021 at 7:22pm

Great win for Saints. I really fancied them before the match given Dundalks were playing in Europe during the week. Funnily enough, Dundalk had the better of the first half although their goal should have been disallowed as it was offside. Pats took their chances in the second half though. Super three points and nice to get a result in Oriel. 
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2021 at 10:35am
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

Great win for Saints. I really fancied them before the match given Dundalks were playing in Europe during the week. Funnily enough, Dundalk had the better of the first half although their goal should have been disallowed as it was offside. Pats took their chances in the second half though. Super three points and nice to get a result in Oriel. 

I thought Melvin-Lambert's equalizer looked offside tbh but was hard to tell for definite from the replay angle behind him. 

13 or so games left but it's already looking good for a top 3 finish. Clap

Edited by irishmufc - 09 Aug 2021 at 10:38am
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2021 at 7:24am

Super 2-1 win for Saints last night. They really dug in to get the job done. An injury to Matty Smith in the first half didn’t help. 
Lee Desmond also got a bit of a horror head injury in stoppage time. He looked in real trouble and the medical people were very slow onto the pitch. The Waterford bench didn’t cover themselves in glory with their behaviour. The latest news seems to be that Desmond is conscious thankfully

Edited by MC Hammered - 14 Aug 2021 at 7:25am
El Puto Amo
Southstandman View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Southstandman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2021 at 9:25am
With a head injury ya never know. Glad the news is good and best of luck to LD going forward . 
We are Shamrock Rovers we"re Irelands number 1 .
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2021 at 10:54am

Super 2-1 win for Saints last night. They really dug in to get the job done. An injury to Matty Smith in the first half didn’t help. 
Lee Desmond also got a bit of a horror head injury in stoppage time. He looked in real trouble and the medical people were very slow onto the pitch. The Waterford bench didn’t cover themselves in glory with their behaviour. The latest news seems to be that Desmond is conscious thankfully

Thank f**k for that. Scary when he appeared to be convulsing
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2021 at 4:12pm

What happened with the Waterford bench Mc? 
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2021 at 4:23pm
Greg Halford (who’s their captain now surprisingly) apologised after the game, he didn’t realise the seriousness of the injury 
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2021 at 9:43pm
Brutal stuff from Pats tonight. 

Should be at least 5-1 down. 
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2021 at 4:08am
2 games in hand for Rovers and 3 points clear, any chance of a title race gone now.

That's a shocking result for Pats but the kind of result that happens when a team hasn't been competing for a few years. Desmond a big miss.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2021 at 12:02pm
Bad night at the office on Friday for sure.

Thin squad will always be exposed at this stage of the season.

Need to kick on again to the next level
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2021 at 6:38pm
At least Sligo didn't make ground so damage was limited from that defeat. 

Hopefully a good run in the cup along with a second placed finish would be an excellent return this season. 
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2021 at 10:26pm
Looks like pens at the cross..as I type. Disallowed. Pens it is so...

Edited by Cabra Hoop - 27 Aug 2021 at 10:30pm
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2021 at 10:34pm
Had to knock off the outrageously biased commentary from Cork's ex-player Dan Murray for the penalties. LOL

Pats certainly made hard work of it but good to get through. 

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2021 at 10:35pm

Bit lucky to come away with the win. We’ll take it given the injury list. I thought it was an entertaining match, particularly the last 10 minutes of normal time. 

Fair play to Abankwah on his first start, he was decent which is impressive given he is only 17. Coughlan was poor, he might be struggling for sharpness after his recent knock. One of Jamie Lennons better games, he got around the pitch well and made some super tackles.

Nice to get to the next round anyway after a tricky away fixture 
El Puto Amo
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2021 at 10:24pm
Heading to Richmond Park tomorrow for the first time since March 2020. Really looking forward to it.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2021 at 10:41pm
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

Heading to Richmond Park tomorrow for the first time since March 2020. Really looking forward to it.

Great to see tickets finally on general sale. Clap

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4950515253 89>
  Share Topic