Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

St. Patricks Athletic FC thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4647484950 89>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2021 at 9:12pm
Thought St Pat's were lucky to get a draw yesterday. 

Disappointing to concede a late enough goal but Dundalk were on top after the equalizer and if that match went on another 5 minutes, I think they'd have won it. 

The next four fixtures going into the Shamrock Rovers match will give us a good indication of a potential title challenge imo. Hopefully beat Longford & Waterford and a 2 point return would probably be the minimum requirement against Sligo & Finn Harps. 

Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Sponsored Links

MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2021 at 9:53pm
A title challenge will be beyond Pats (despite me backing them at 14/1 šŸ˜). The European spots should be the minimum expectation though. Iā€™m certainly happy with the improvement on last year and the feeling of progress. Itā€™s the first time in years that it seems we are going in the right direction. 

Dundalk finished much stronger but a loss would have been harsh on Saints. Great double clearance by Barrett
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2021 at 8:32am
Pats were comfortable for the majority of the game. The game swung in Dundalk's favour when Pats changed to 3 at the back after Barrett came on. Either team could have won it but it would have been very harsh on Pats not to get anything out of the game. 
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2021 at 11:41am
It's coming to be a more competitive league this season. Pat's and Sligo have improved, Dundalk are in a false position at the moment, Rovers not at the same level as last season so far, Bohs starting to win games. It'll be topsy turvy. Two late goals in Oriel and Tallaght resulted in a 4 point swing in the table. Fingers crossed we can get back into the grounds to see it unfold

" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2021 at 9:49pm

Very good performance from Pats. Played some superb stuff in the first half. Forrester was sensational at times. Should have won by more. 
El Puto Amo
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2021 at 9:57pm
1-0 flattered Waterford tonight. Smith was very good as well. 

Good to get the win but St Pat's don't seem to be killing teams off when they're on top so it looks like scoring will still be the main weakness for the rest of the season. 
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2021 at 7:58am
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

Very good performance from Pats. Played some superb stuff in the first half. Forrester was sensational at times. Should have won by more. 

He was on the latest episode of Cawley's Call, worth listen, especially about him time in England.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2021 at 8:56am
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

He was on the latest episode of Cawley's Call, worth listen, especially about him time in England.

Iā€™ll give that a go. Nice one 
El Puto Amo
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2021 at 4:59pm
Bumped into Stephen O'Donnell this morning in St Stephens Green. 

He stopped to chat in fairness but was in the middle of a Tinder date so couldn't oblige LOL

Seems a decent skin Cool
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2021 at 7:03pm
2 up, going well.
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2021 at 7:29pm
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

2 up, going well.

Arguably their worst performance of the season tbh. 

Brutal in the first half but an absolute gem of a goal by Forrester.

Coughlan has been some signing Clap
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2021 at 8:13pm

Great to see Saints with a cutting edge up front. That hasnā€™t been the case since Christy Fagan was in his pomp. Not a vintage performance but a comfortable win in the end. I love seeing Forrester back in form also.
El Puto Amo
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2021 at 8:18pm
Story with Fagan? did he retire because of injury or what.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2021 at 8:26pm

Yeah Christy retired. He was a super player in his day. The LOI is short on real goalscorers.

Hereā€™s Forresters goal this evening.

El Puto Amo
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2021 at 8:58pm
Forrester was superb today. Wasnā€™t a great performance but 3 points is all that matters.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2021 at 9:41pm
I do think St Pat's are still very light up front and too dependant on Coughlan. 

I don't think King or Smith can play that centre forward role. Coughlan is the only one really and  I haven't seen enough of the young forward player they got on loan from Reading. 
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2021 at 10:54pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Is he not a teacher and couldn't train given the times Pats were training at? Have that in my head from somewhere. 
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2021 at 11:08pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Is he not a teacher and couldn't train given the times Pats were training at? Have that in my head from somewhere. 

Are you thinking of Conan Byrne maybe? I think Fagan drives a taxi. I could be wrong 
El Puto Amo
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4647484950 89>
  Share Topic