You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

St. Patricks Athletic FC thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4546474849 88>
Author
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProudAndLoud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2021 at 5:30pm
I always thought he is a great long range passer of the ball but not good with ball at his feet and gets caught in possession a lot or if pressurised by attackers.
Wish him the best though as a great lad who deserves the best.
Sponsored Links

MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2021 at 9:53pm

Decent start for Saints. The new keeper Jaros was good, Forrester looked sharp and Desmond was superb. Tough to have to settle for a draw after going ahead so late in the game but overall a point is fair. 

FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2021 at 9:57pm
Sickening conceding straight away after taking the lead. 
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Euro88pats View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Euro88pats Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2021 at 11:20pm
Good result to start off with, new keeper looks very good but still no goals in the team from this showing, also how.did SOD not make some more substitutions in the last 20, there was.players completely out on their feet and nothing done
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2021 at 8:37am
Pats played very well, some lovely passages of play during the game. The keeper looks very solid.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2021 at 9:55am
Only watched the last 20. You could sense an equaliser was coming as soon as Pat's scored.

Benson looked like he'd run a marathon by the end of it!
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2021 at 1:55pm

Great start to the season for Pats. Normally the optimism had been knocked out of me by this stage but 3 games in and we are flying. 

After a shaky first 20 mins yesterday, I thought Saints were the better side. Looked a lot fitter than they did against Rovers. 
Hopefully Coughlan keeps scoring and the points keep coming 
El Puto Amo
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2021 at 7:39pm
Mountney and Barrett have been excellent signings so far and St Pat's look a lot more physical in defence. McNally isn't that big a loss imo. He's good on the ball but Barrett is exactly what's needed. 

Deserved to win yesterday and they just seem very sharp so far. Bohs (surprisingly) gave Forrester too much room in the centre to pick out his passes. 

Things are looking a lot better this season when they can afford to leave McClelland on the bench who I think is pretty decent on the ball. 

Coughlan is an obvious improvement on Rennie who had the turning circle of the stuck Suez cargo ship but I would still have concerns regarding their goals return. They should've put Drogheda away in the first half in the other game and needed a 90th minute winner to beat them. Rovers would put a team like that to the sword so there is room for improvement. 

That said, 4 points away to Rovers & Bohs is an excellent return (arguably should've been 6) so far. 

Dare I day it they could mount a title challenge (will probably lose at home to Derry next after that kiss of death LOL) this season. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Euro88pats View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Euro88pats Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2021 at 9:58am
Excellent start to the season, we.look alot physically stronger and less flakey but still see scoring goals been a problem
Daragho View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daragho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2021 at 12:15pm
Really good start but we've been so inconsistent the last few years I'll wait another few games before I start thinking of Europa Conference slots...
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2021 at 7:43pm
Two stupid yellow cards for the Derry player to get. 

Very comfortable for St Pat's apart from the first 20 minutes. Nice goal by Burns for the second. 

Top of the league Cool
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2021 at 8:24pm

I missed the 2nd goal Ouch the lack of replays is a killer. 

Pats are looking really good at the moment. Obviously the sending off changed the game but I thought Saints influence was growing at that point anyway. Once the first goal went in, the result felt like a formality. 
Fantastic start to the season 
El Puto Amo
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2021 at 9:19pm
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

I missed the 2nd goal Ouch the lack of replays is a killer. 

Pats are looking really good at the moment. Obviously the sending off changed the game but I thought Saints influence was growing at that point anyway. Once the first goal went in, the result felt like a formality. 
Fantastic start to the season 

See what happens when you sign a Mayo man into your team! Top of the league in no time TongueLOL

Joking aside, Mountney has been an excellent signing and McNally/Feely haven't  really been missed so far tbh. 

FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2021 at 9:27pm
Some start to the season
 ClapClapClap
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2021 at 9:30pm
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2021 at 7:51am
Mattie Smith will turn out to be a very shrewd signing, he looked very good for Waterford last season. I was delighted when I heard Bohs signed Ali Coote because I was confusing him for Smith LOL
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2021 at 3:36pm
Fair paly to the Pats fans as it's been long ,long time in the shadows .

Hope the can push on on Thumbs Up
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2021 at 4:11pm
long long time, yeah rightLOL
League in 13
Cup in14
League cup in15 and 16???
Get to f**k
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4546474849 88>
  Share Topic