Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

St. Patricks Athletic FC thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4041424344 88>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2020 at 8:42pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Tested for what exactly?

I'd be inclined to say recreational drugs.

Most likely.

He knew he would fail the test, and after talk to someone in the club was advised not to do the test in the hope that it might be a small ban rather than a lengthy ban for failing.

Also the fact after numerous phone calls to his missus about the child being in hospital, when he left the ground he didn’t go to hospital, he went home because the child was never brought to hospital, and a doctor was never called either.

He also refused the offer to be accompanied to the hospital by someone from doping control, but declined.

So f**k him, deserves every bit of the ban.

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
Sponsored Links

JUICEBOMB View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2020 at 11:52pm
100% shoco...it was well known in the league that Miele is fond of a bit of marching powder...so f**k him.
hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard
Nah Nah Nah Nah View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Yea Yea Yea Yea

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nah Nah Nah Nah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2020 at 12:44pm
Agreed he's an idiot but how can the ban for not doing a test be greater then the ban for failing a test? That doesn't make any sense. The ban for failing a test is too leniant IMO.
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2020 at 1:02pm
Originally posted by Nah Nah Nah Nah Nah Nah Nah Nah wrote:

Agreed he's an idiot but how can the ban for not doing a test be greater then the ban for failing a test? That doesn't make any sense. The ban for failing a test is too leniant IMO.

Maybe it's to send out a clear message that there's no getting out of drug testing.

Hypothetically speaking imagine you were a LOI player and had a few lines of cocaine on a Wednesday night, then come Friday you were like "f**k it I'll skip the test it's only a 3 month ban" compared to facing minimum a year if being caught.

I think they're right to be harsh tbh.

Edited by Green Devil - 08 Jan 2020 at 1:02pm
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2020 at 1:32pm
Especially if there is circumstantial evidence to suggest he was deliberately avoiding it.
In saying that, I still think bans for recreational drugs are a nonsense and may have avoided this mess.
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2020 at 1:37pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Especially if there is circumstantial evidence to suggest he was deliberately avoiding it.
In saying that, I still think bans for recreational drugs are a nonsense and may have avoided this mess.

A few month ban for being caught doing drugs would be fair because you want to send out a positive message at the same time, but yeah it's laughable to think doing a drug that harms performance could carry the same length of a ban of that of a performance enhancer.
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2020 at 1:45pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

A few month ban for being caught doing drugs would be fair because you want to send out a positive message at the same time, but yeah it's laughable to think doing a drug that harms performance could carry the same length of a ban of that of a performance enhancer.
If nobody knows about it, publicly at least, there is no need to send a message. It is then something for the player and his club to discuss in private. 
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2020 at 2:42pm
Originally posted by Nah Nah Nah Nah Nah Nah Nah Nah wrote:

Because:

If he had EPO in his system for example, this would be a hefty ban, so you can't shy out and not do the test because you'll get a shorter ban, this is what the player expected I'm sure

IMO the ban for refusing to do the test should be greater.

In this case, sport Ireland don't know what was in his system. He's also not going to appeal the ban which tells it's own story.

Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2020 at 2:45pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Depends on the sport, recreational drugs can be used to calm the nerves before an event.

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2020 at 3:58pm
True, but unfortunately it would also make you completely f**king useless at the vast majority of them.
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2020 at 6:58am
Originally posted by Shoco Shoco wrote:

Tested for what exactly?

Most likely.

He knew he would fail the test, and after talk to someone in the club was advised not to do the test in the hope that it might be a small ban rather than a lengthy ban for failing.

Also the fact after numerous phone calls to his missus about the child being in hospital, when he left the ground he didn’t go to hospital, he went home because the child was never brought to hospital, and a doctor was never called either.

He also refused the offer to be accompanied to the hospital by someone from doping control, but declined.

What's this all based on? 
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2020 at 4:21pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Tested for what exactly?

Most likely.

What's this all based on? 

It was the rumour at the time.

Has also been confirmed now in the sport Ireland report.

https://www.sportireland.ie/sites/default/files/2020-01/decision-isadpp-sport-ireland-v-brandon-miele.pdf

nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2020 at 6:58pm
Cheers for the link 
Tribesman91 View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tribesman91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2020 at 2:53pm
Alan Mathews appointed First Team Manager at Pats. Who's in charge now, him or O'Donnell?
saintjoey View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saintjoey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2020 at 5:43pm
Originally posted by Tribesman91 Tribesman91 wrote:

Alan Mathews appointed First Team Manager at Pats. Who's in charge now, him or O'Donnell?

O'donnell 
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2020 at 8:59pm
I see the shed is being ripped down

Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2020 at 8:59pm

I see the shed is being ripped down

Will you shed a tear?
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
trevwaterford View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trevwaterford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2020 at 8:21am
Why? Are they building a new stand behind the goal?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4041424344 88>
  Share Topic