You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

St. Patricks Athletic FC thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2425262728 89>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2018 at 3:28pm
Very interesting and ambitious plans and the area would benefit massivley from it as Inchicore village is sh*te. The capacity is the main head scratcher for me. 
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Sponsored Links

Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2018 at 3:38pm
fair Play to Pats, i  would love to see the completion of a 4 sided stadium Clap
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2018 at 3:50pm
Originally posted by Saint Tom Saint Tom wrote:

Think the point you are missing here lads is that this is in effect a land swap. The same amount of houses can be built given that the current ground will then become available for development. It's probably even more suitable to higher density given it is below street level. Time will tell. 

Still hasn't been confirmed who will own the development afterwards. 

Yeah, other proposals will still have to include some shopping centre like pats, but they won't have richmond park to build on

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2018 at 3:57pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

fair Play to Pats, i  would love to see the completion of a 4 sided stadium Clap

LOL
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
KING-CON View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KING-CON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2018 at 4:07pm
Be great if this comes off but a long way to go. It is massively risky from a business perspective. Reminds me of what Niall Quinn was saying a few years ago. The capacity is ambitious but for the league to become a product, these are the type of plans that need to come to fruition. 

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2018 at 4:32pm
Who outside of Ireland is going to watch LOI games?

f**k all people in Ireland itself watch it.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Funsize Crouchy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Funsize Crouchy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2018 at 4:35pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Asian gambling syndicates
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2018 at 5:16pm
Plenty of Saints based discussion regarding the new ground on this weeks episode of LOI Weekly

El Puto Amo
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2018 at 6:03pm
Originally posted by Funsize Crouchy Funsize Crouchy wrote:

I remember being in Macedonia & the locals talking about LOI in detail to me as it was one of the only summer based seasons they could bet on 
KING-CON View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KING-CON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2018 at 6:29pm
I met a Bolivian barman in New York a few years ago wearing a Shamrock Rovers jersey and he knew his stuff. He’d never been to Europe. Gary Twigg was his favourite player. 

Edited by KING-CON - 12 Apr 2018 at 6:29pm
ybigeejit View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ybigeejit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2018 at 7:00pm
Originally posted by Funsize Crouchy Funsize Crouchy wrote:

They don't need to watch it. They already know the results Wink
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2018 at 9:01pm
Originally posted by KING-CON KING-CON wrote:

I met a Bolivian barman in New York a few years ago wearing a Shamrock Rovers jersey and he knew his stuff. He’d never been to Europe. Gary Twigg was his favourite player. 
I met an Irish barman wearing a Man Utd  jersey who didn't know who Duncan Edwards, Denis Law or Steve Coppell were...
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2018 at 9:11pm

Sky are struggling for content each summer, only football they have is US League. Always thought it would be perfect. They'd get TV rights for some magic beans
Terzino View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Terzino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2018 at 10:40pm
I agree with the person who said they should put a safe standing section into the stadium. 

If it was done right it would offer fans a cheaper, more old style experience, and help generate a good atmosphere. If it worked out other clubs could try and replicate it when they update their stadia.

On the international fans thing...

My brother got into a taxi in Helsinki one time where the driver was up to speed on the LOI because of online gambling. 

So there are probably people turning up at addiction meetings across the world saying things like "Hi, I'm Juha and I lost the family home because of Finn Harps."

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2018 at 10:53pm
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Lostandfound View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lostandfound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2018 at 12:21am
LOL
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2018 at 12:42am
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Originally posted by KING-CON KING-CON wrote:

I met an Irish barman wearing a Man Utd  jersey who didn't know who Duncan Edwards, Denis Law or Steve Coppell were...
Are they cocktails
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2018 at 7:31am
Best of luck to Pats.

I met a Romanian Taxi driver in Bucharest in July 2011 who had a long discussion with me on LoI football including his forthcoming bet on Sligo Rovers v St. Pats.  IIRC he had Pats as an away banker but the game ended as a draw.

He and his friends bet on Irish football because it was clean in their opinion.  
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2425262728 89>
  Share Topic