You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

St. Patricks Athletic FC thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718 89>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2017 at 12:14pm

Some serious soul searching needed regarding the direction the club is going. Although the second half of the season was reasonable, there has been a consistent slide each year.

There's big rumours of Harry Kenny replacing Bucko. If that is the case then I hope it happens early and allows whoever is in charge then start planning now.

I don't know who is signed up for next year but they should tie down Bermo, Balk, Desmond, Garvan, Brennan, Kelly and Conan for starters. Fagan has struggled for fitness and form but I'd give him another year. I'd hang onto Darragh Markey too.
That's not a bad basis for a team but good reinforcements are needed

El Puto Amo
Sponsored Links

saintjoey View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saintjoey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2017 at 12:59pm
Massive turn around since the summer Balk, Brennan and garvan have been massive signings for us really hope all 3 are here next season..

Think bucko will stay myself, hope we tie down our best players early and find a decent right back.

9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2017 at 1:10pm
Originally posted by saintjoey saintjoey wrote:

Massive turn around since the summer Balk, Brennan and garvan have been massive signings for us really hope all 3 are here next season..

Think bucko will stay myself, hope we tie down our best players early and find a decent right back.

I’d be amazed if Balk is there next year. Smashing player
Daragho View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daragho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2017 at 10:06pm
That season should serve as a wake-up call to the club. We need people in there to run it who care about the club and who have some energy and passion about their job. I'm talking about the administration side of things. For all the money that Kelleher has put in, he needs to be clear about his objectives for the club (anyone know what they are?) and get people in to deliver on them.

As for Jordi Balk? He was transformative. If he wasn't there for the last half of the season I think we would be in the first division now. Would be very surprised if we can hang on to him.
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2017 at 8:35am
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

Some serious soul searching needed regarding the direction the club is going. Although the second half of the season was reasonable, there has been a consistent slide each year.

There's big rumours of Harry Kenny replacing Bucko. If that is the case then I hope it happens early and allows whoever is in charge then start planning now.

I don't know who is signed up for next year but they should tie down Bermo, Balk, Desmond, Garvan, Brennan, Kelly and Conan for starters. Fagan has struggled for fitness and form but I'd give him another year. I'd hang onto Darragh Markey too.
That's not a bad basis for a team but good reinforcements are needed

Fagan signed a two year deal last year. He's deffo around next year
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
The Boy Z View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Boy Z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2017 at 7:37pm
Heard a while ago that Martin Russell was getting the job.
Theres only one sport that matters..
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2017 at 9:45am
Josh o hanlon will be away off to Cork
saintjoey View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saintjoey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2017 at 8:37pm
Originally posted by DUBLIN DOC DUBLIN DOC wrote:

Josh o hanlon will be away off to Cork

Very strange, works his socks off but good enough for us never mind the champions.

Row Z View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Row Z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2017 at 10:29am
The talk is Bucko going in to a DOF type role and Harry Kenny taking over first team affairs.
That was a pitiful season all things considered, but whomever scouted Balk deserves a bonus, what a signing!
#neverrelegated
"Just put it up there..."
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2017 at 11:30am

The Harry Kenny rumour seems to be doing the rounds alright.

I wonder would they consider Ger O'Brien if Bucko does move on? I know he hasn't experience of a big job but I'm always impressed when I hear him speak. He seems like a very progressive young coach.

El Puto Amo
Funsize Crouchy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Funsize Crouchy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2017 at 5:53pm

The Harry Kenny rumour seems to be doing the rounds alright.

I wonder would they consider Ger O'Brien if Bucko does move on? I know he hasn't experience of a big job but I'm always impressed when I hear him speak. He seems like a very progressive young coach.

Ger was only appointed director of youth football at the club last year. Can't see him stepping away from that for the managers gig.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2017 at 5:05pm
Big night for the 19's tonight in the final against Bohs in Dalymount. I'm gonna pop out for a nose at it. Hopefully there is a decent crowd. 
El Puto Amo
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2017 at 3:22pm

Finally a couple of signing for Saints. Bermo and Graham Kelly are back for the coming season. Kelly had a good second half to the season so no harm getting him on board. Bermo is still one of the best left backs in the league so glad to have him also. 

It would be nice to see us snap up Simon Madden from Rovers. Always looks like a decent player when I've seen him. 

Edited by MC Hammered - 22 Nov 2017 at 3:39pm
El Puto Amo
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2017 at 3:37pm

It would be nice to see us snap with Simon Madden from Rovers. Always looks like a decent player when I've seen him. 
Yes but he has regressed the past 12 months or so.

Which usually means he'll have a blinder next season after leaving Rovers LOL
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2017 at 4:24pm
Conan Byrne signed back. Happy days. 
El Puto Amo
Funsize Crouchy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Funsize Crouchy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2017 at 5:37pm
Just after seeing we signed Ryan Brennan now too.
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2017 at 5:54pm
One of our better players last year, sorry to see him go
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2017 at 6:07pm

If Garvan is under contract for next year, as I believe he is, then the midfield is starting to take shape. Presume K Brennan is on board.
El Puto Amo
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718 89>
  Share Topic