You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

St. Patricks Athletic FC thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 89>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2017 at 11:44am

Concerning times. I thought we started poorly last night but the red card and peno killed us. I thought the new refereeing directive was that it's either a red card or a peno for a foul in the box but not both?! Am I wrong? Anyway, going down to ten men and being a goal behind after 15 minutes was always gonna make life difficult. The keeper Skowron was very unsure of himself and wasn't coming for any balls over the top but he did make one top drawer save in the first half. We were really just hanging on at that stage. 

The second half was much better from Saints. The battle and fight was there despite a patched up team (Killian B playing centre back!). We wery unlucky not to snatch a draw with Fagan having the miss of the season sliding in and somehow hitting the underside of the bar from about a yard out in the dying minutes. Bohs deserved the win on the balance of play but, again, the sending off was the key factor. Disappointing night.  
El Puto Amo
Sponsored Links

Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2017 at 11:52am

Be a shame to lose Pats.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Daragho View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daragho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2017 at 2:58pm
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

Concerning times. I thought we started poorly last night but the red card and peno killed us. I thought the new refereeing directive was that it's either a red card or a peno for a foul in the box but not both?! Am I wrong? Anyway, going down to ten men and being a goal behind after 15 minutes was always gonna make life difficult. The keeper Skowron was very unsure of himself and wasn't coming for any balls over the top but he did make one top drawer save in the first half. We were really just hanging on at that stage. 

The second half was much better from Saints. The battle and fight was there despite a patched up team (Killian B playing centre back!). We wery unlucky not to snatch a draw with Fagan having the miss of the season sliding in and somehow hitting the underside of the bar from about a yard out in the dying minutes. Bohs deserved the win on the balance of play but, again, the sending off was the key factor. Disappointing night.  

Yeah, we fought well in the second half, which was encouraging. Overall a fair result probably, but we could have come away with a point. How did that ball not go in from Christy?

A few weeks ago I was beginning to feel positive, but I'm getting worried again. If we get nothing from tonight we're in serious trouble.
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2017 at 9:02pm
Pats doing a job on us here
tribalarmy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tribalarmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2017 at 10:50pm
Rovers were utter sh*te. Team selection looked completely wrong. No width at all in the first half, too many central midfielders on the pitch. Webster and Connolly slowing everything down or going backwards every time they touched the ball.

Is Luke Byrne always that bad?
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2017 at 11:01pm
Originally posted by tribalarmy tribalarmy wrote:

Rovers were utter sh*te. Team selection looked completely wrong. No width at all in the first half, too many central midfielders on the pitch. Webster and Connolly slowing everything down or going backwards every time they touched the ball.

Great win! Two superb headers.

Conan Byrne always gets loads of joy against Rovers as he did again tonight. I was v pleasantly surprised by a very impressive showing from Kelly as our make shift right full. If that frees up a spot for Markey in midfield in future, I'd be happy enough.
El Puto Amo
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2017 at 11:03pm
Originally posted by tribalarmy tribalarmy wrote:

You living up in the big smoke now TA?
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2017 at 4:38pm

Wonder will we see more of Graham Kelly as a right back for the rest of the season. He was much better than Barker last night. Also, is it time to settle on Desmond and Balk as the centre back pairing and forget about Peers?
El Puto Amo
saintjoey View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saintjoey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2017 at 4:41pm
I think Balk and Desmond is settled reckon peers only player because bermo was suspended friday,

I think kelly gives us energy in the middle but I reckon bucko will leave him at right back
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2017 at 4:46pm
Originally posted by saintjoey saintjoey wrote:

I think Balk and Desmond is settled reckon peers only player because bermo was suspended friday,

I think kelly gives us energy in the middle but I reckon bucko will leave him at right back

Yeah, Brennan and Garvan don't cover the yards fast enough. Kelly has the legs to complement them well. The problem is that Barker is targeted by every team we play, he just isn't up to the job.
El Puto Amo
eboue16 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eboue16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2017 at 6:54pm
sickener with last kick off game
"He f**ked me over and my attitude is an eye for an eye."
Roy Keane
Talking about Alf Inge Haaland tackle
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2017 at 7:08pm
Absolute kick in the bollox to concede with the last kick of the game. Feels like a loss instead of a draw. We were so close to being out of the relegation battle and now the Galway game is massive.

Though Saints were much the better side this evening. Not clinical enough in front of goal though. Didn't think Limerick were great. Ogbenes goal was a wonder strike, it was hard to see if it crossed the line but the Pats players didn't seem to be complaining so it probably did.
El Puto Amo
saintjoey View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saintjoey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2017 at 11:31am

Absolute kick in the bollox to concede with the last kick of the game. Feels like a loss instead of a draw. We were so close to being out of the relegation battle and now the Galway game is massive.

Though Saints were much the better side this evening. Not clinical enough in front of goal though. Didn't think Limerick were great. Ogbenes goal was a wonder strike, it was hard to see if it crossed the line but the Pats players didn't seem to be complaining so it probably did.

It went over the line alright, had a perfect view myself..

We played well enough to win the game but been saying that alot this season..

Huge gane in galway next week I'm missing it as I'm away but I'd rather be there, we are more than capable of going there and winning we have cork and derry after that hopefully cork win the league next week and go on the piss for the week
greenmachine68 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenmachine68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2017 at 8:42pm
What's happened to Alex o Hanlon?
saintjoey View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saintjoey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2017 at 9:28pm
Originally posted by greenmachine68 greenmachine68 wrote:

Just been poor, showed one or 2 signs of a player in him but not enough, think his last appearance was in LSC games
greenmachine68 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenmachine68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2017 at 9:50pm
Originally posted by saintjoey saintjoey wrote:

Originally posted by greenmachine68 greenmachine68 wrote:

Just been poor, showed one or 2 signs of a player in him but not enough, think his last appearance was in LSC games

Thought he was injured. For someone so highly rated he's taken a fall. Hopefully he'll come good. Thanks for the update.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2017 at 10:26pm
Massive win tonight. Good to stretch the gap on Galway and Sligs.

Cork didn't seem too interested bar Sadlier, he really is a super player.

Great to see a bit of spirit and a good fight back to come from two goals down. The midfield did well. I'd like to Kurtis Byrne getting more game time, he links the play well and joins up with Christy.

Also I think we should be awarded additional points for having to play with Skowron in goal. He is dreadful, one of the worst I've seen. The lad couldn't catch a cold, doesn't come for the ball even when it's on his six yard line, flaps at crosses and has brutal distribution.

Bermo, Brennan, Garvan, Billy and Conan were all very good.

Hopefully we enough to finish the job in Buncrana next week
El Puto Amo
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2017 at 10:32pm

Massive win tonight. Good to stretch the gap on Galway and Sligs.

Cork didn't seem too interested bar Sadlier, he really is a super player.

Great to see a bit of spirit and a good fight back to come from two goals down. The midfield did well. I'd like to Kurtis Byrne getting more game time, he links the play well and joins up with Christy.

Also I think we should be awarded additional points for having to play with Skowron in goal. He is dreadful, one of the worst I've seen. The lad couldn't catch a cold, doesn't come for the ball even when it's on his six yard line, flaps at crosses and has brutal distribution.

Bermo, Brennan, Garvan, Billy and Conan were all very good.

Hopefully we enough to finish the job in Buncrana next week

It's really bad when the commentators were highlighting it!

Practically said "sure he won't budge off his line regardless"
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 89>
  Share Topic