Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

SQUAD - LATVIA/FRANCE 22nd/27th MARCH 2023

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2425262728 35>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2023 at 9:19pm
Justice for Sammy Smithicks. Can somebody please call him up
I love beer gardens
Sponsored Links

dangere_here View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dangere_here Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2023 at 9:40pm
Originally posted by Banana_RepublicFC Banana_RepublicFC wrote:

Originally posted by dangere_here dangere_here wrote:

Kevin Zefi is another lad that needs to be capped right away, sides like Wales would do it in a heartbeat.

Even if he was capped vs Latvia, that wouldn't tie him down.

He's played for Ireland at every age group so far, so maybe they aren't worried about him. Vata didn't grow up in Ireland. He's the one who might end up playing for Albania.

No but it's one cap closer and even if he was just Irish he should be capped young. On the Albanian football forum he's being talked about as a potential poach. Be a f**king sickner if Albania came in for him, possibly with the promise of first team football. Look at the highlights of his Hattrick on YouTube, unreal player, reminds me of the 70s superstar Vasilis Hatzipanagis https://albanianfootballforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=294&sid=26c679f558e1c196d92424efc138451b&start=200
dangere_here View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dangere_here Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2023 at 9:43pm
Originally posted by Nialler Nialler wrote:

Originally posted by SeaSharp SeaSharp wrote:

Originally posted by Nialler Nialler wrote:

Even if we finish 3rd which I would say is decent outcome I think he has to go at the end of the campaign.
I would be happy to have him in the under 21's and looking after the underage setup a la Kerr but he should not be running the show at the top. I think he has been given a good chance but I think he is destined to make us worse because he is obsesses with struggling championship and league one players.

I wouldn't be a fan of SK at all but it's only fair that he's given the chance to have a go at the playoffs, unless we get absolutely embarrassed in the group. If we don't qualify for the Euros he should go, simple as that in my view.

Yep. Depends on when the playoffs take place if we are in them. But I would be inclined to f**k him off if there is a large gap. Honestly I have serious doubts now about Kenny. I backed him the whole way but it is clear he is in rudderless territory and as others have said making selections in job preservation mode.

Nearly more chance of us topping the group than making a playoff with the permutations we need to work out
GaretFarellysNutSack View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GaretFarellysNutSack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2023 at 10:21pm
Please tell me 33 year old James McClean isn't a starter for Ireland these days? Did he start our last games? I can't even remember. These games could be very ugly. 
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2023 at 10:31pm
I think left wing back is very open. Could be him, could be O'Dowda, Doherty would be the best option but probably the least likely of the three for whatever reason.
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2023 at 11:23pm
Originally posted by GaretFarellysNutSack GaretFarellysNutSack wrote:

Please tell me 33 year old James McClean isn't a starter for Ireland these days? Did he start our last games? I can't even remember. These games could be very ugly. 

Has more assists at LWB this season than Manning, O'Dowda, Stevens or Brady who have all been playing there in the same league. Hes might have lost a yard of pace but hes still fitter and as quick as the others and at least he tries a leg at getting back to defend. As quality a player Manning is going forward he doesnt give two f**ks about sprinting back to help his team when needed.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2023 at 11:37pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Justice for Sammy Smithicks. Can somebody please call him up

Sammy SmithwicksLOL

Kreese Sensei GIF - Kreese Sensei Karate - Discover &amp; Share GIFs
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Fitz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2023 at 3:35am
Originally posted by GaretFarellysNutSack GaretFarellysNutSack wrote:

You can’t remember either way but you’re going to criticise him anyway? Well done. Clap
Fitz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2023 at 3:37am

Kevin Zefi is another lad that needs to be capped right away, sides like Wales would do it in a heartbeat.

He's played for Ireland at every age group so far, so maybe they aren't worried about him. Vata didn't grow up in Ireland. He's the one who might end up playing for Albania.

No but it's one cap closer and even if he was just Irish he should be capped young. On the Albanian football forum he's being talked about as a potential poach. Be a f**king sickner if Albania came in for him, possibly with the promise of first team football. Look at the highlights of his Hattrick on YouTube, unreal player, reminds me of the 70s superstar Vasilis Hatzipanagis https://albanianfootballforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=294&sid=26c679f558e1c196d92424efc138451b&start=200

If his old man has anything to do with it he won’t be within an ass’s roar of playing for Albania. 
Howdo View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Howdo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2023 at 4:08am
Originally posted by Fitz Fitz wrote:

If his old man has anything to do with it he won’t be within an ass’s roar of playing for Albania. 

Not to mention his Mam,
irish_major View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Bookie Slayer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_major Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2023 at 5:46am
Fairly happy with the squad, no one can really feel hard done by. Roll on next week 
Here we go again
Stimpy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stimpy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2023 at 10:24am
Would like to see this team vs Latvia, with a view of starting same team vs France if it works     

Bazunu
Doherty Egan Collins Omobamidele O'Dowda
         Cullen Molomby Smallbone
                   Ferguson Obafemi 
GoneToShowgies View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoneToShowgies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2023 at 10:34am
Originally posted by Fitz Fitz wrote:

What makes you say that Fitz
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2023 at 4:42pm
Originally posted by Stimpy Stimpy wrote:

Would like to see this team vs Latvia, with a view of starting same team vs France if it works     

Bazunu
         Cullen Molomby Smallbone
                   Ferguson Obafemi 

Thumbs Up
It would damage this forums' reputation
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2023 at 2:25am
Awful lot of cry arsing going on, I'd have named 28 and stuck azaz and coventry in. Clearly doesn't fancy Manning, Szmodics is no world beater. Cannon, Hodge and Ebosele are fine with the U21s. None of the named players had a chance of starting vs France and rightly so imo, so its no great surprise. Smallbone has to start vs Latvia though. Keane over hogan is a surprise!
Idah Dream!
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2023 at 2:27am
Originally posted by Artie Ziff Artie Ziff wrote:

Originally posted by Stimpy Stimpy wrote:

Bazunu
         Cullen Molomby Smallbone
                   Ferguson Obafemi 

Thumbs Up
Zero chance of that tem and u know it!
Idah Dream!
Dunne23 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dunne23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2023 at 10:14am
I don't think this team is beyond comprehension. Knight in for Smallbone, O'Shea in for Omobamidele. He likes O'Dowda but he may make way for Doherty with Coleman  moving to the right? 
Mr. Snrub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2023 at 10:56am
Originally posted by Dunne23 Dunne23 wrote:

I don't think this team is beyond comprehension. Knight in for Smallbone, O'Shea in for Omobamidele. He likes O'Dowda but he may make way for Doherty with Coleman  moving to the right? 

Coleman is in form and has to play. Doherty should be picked on the left. 

He won't give Smallbone his competitive debut against France, Knight will most likely start for his energy 
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2425262728 35>
  Share Topic