You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Spurs v United

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 11>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivakenbarlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2011 at 7:03am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Bump

Where did the thread disappear to?

United conceded 1 goal in the champo league group stages and are top scorers in the league and are top of the league with games in hand- im struggling to see how people still think there isnt a stand out team this season
It took City 44 years to win the league and 10 months to lose it
Sponsored Links

ScruffyR View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScruffyR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2011 at 7:07am
if van der vaart doesnt go off injured i think spurs will win 2-0. And i think on current form united shouldnt be fearing bale but modric, who is on fire at the moment
"Football isn't a matter of life or death, it's much more important than that."
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2011 at 7:13am
This is the way a thread like this should be. Heres hoping that that Mr. you're a gobsh*te, I'm embarrassed for you, I'd be mortified if I knew you, doesn't ruin it. Won't hold my breath though.
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2011 at 7:17am
Originally posted by Vivakenbarlow Vivakenbarlow wrote:

Originally posted by trapped trapped wrote:

Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Ye sunday is looking like a cracking day of ball Merson said on ss website that he can only see a spurs win Probably a3-1 He is a clown that lad

Merson is a legend. Never afraid to give his honest opinion, which i often agree with. He's like the opposite of Jamie Rednapp who sits on the fence about everything.
he predicted United to lost a game of football, therefore he's a clown
Every other week he goes on about how uniteds run is gonna end this weekend and how arsenals invincibles were this unbelievable side and united have had a lot of luck- i seem to remember van nistelrooy hitting the crossbar from the spot against arsenal that year and pompey among others being robbed of beating arsenal by dodgy decisions If they were so good why didnt they win the european cup or the league a few years in a row? That sky ad where Henry said at the end of the 04 season yes we were invincible really annoys me- an invincible side would have won more than 1 trophy

United have rode their look a bit this season to be fair.

I wouldn't pay attention to those Sky ads - it's all marketing sh!te.

Did united ride their luck when they were 2-0 up against west brom

Or maybe they rode their luck when they missed a peno to go 3-1 up at fulham

Do you honestly think united being unbeaten this season has come down to luck?

Don't want to drag up an old argument, but it's come down more to the standard of the league surely. United have remained static, whilst all their usual rivals have regressed quite dramatically this season.

How many proper tough fixtures have they had anyway? I'd say Spurs away is comfortably their biggest test in the league so far this season. They haven't played Chelsea home or away, City parked the bus at home against them more or less, and they've hosted Arsenal, Spurs and Liverpool. United are in for a tough second half of the season - there's no question about that.

If you have a look at their league results so far this season, they haven't really won a tough game yet! They've drawn away to Everton, Bolton, Sunderland. In fact, they've only won two matches on the road so far this season in the league!
Vivakenbarlow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivakenbarlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2011 at 7:18am
Originally posted by ScruffyR ScruffyR wrote:

if van der vaart doesnt go off injured i think spurs will win 2-0. And i think on current form united shouldnt be fearing bale but modric, who is on fire at the moment

You should get a few quid on that then you can get odds of 15/1 for a 2-0 to spurs

Spurs are 2/1 to win at home!

Obviously the bookmakers agree fully with mersons prediction
IrishPride View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IrishPride Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2011 at 7:20am
Going for spurs. Maybe 2-1.
Galway Will Win The 2014 Hurling Championship
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivakenbarlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2011 at 7:22am
Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

Ye sunday is looking like a cracking day of ball Merson said on ss website that he can only see a spurs win Probably a3-1 He is a clown that lad

Merson is a legend. Never afraid to give his honest opinion, which i often agree with. He's like the opposite of Jamie Rednapp who sits on the fence about everything.
Every other week he goes on about how uniteds run is gonna end this weekend and how arsenals invincibles were this unbelievable side and united have had a lot of luck- i seem to remember van nistelrooy hitting the crossbar from the spot against arsenal that year and pompey among others being robbed of beating arsenal by dodgy decisions If they were so good why didnt they win the european cup or the league a few years in a row? That sky ad where Henry said at the end of the 04 season yes we were invincible really annoys me- an invincible side would have won more than 1 trophy

Did united ride their luck when they were 2-0 up against west brom Or maybe they rode their luck when they missed a peno to go 3-1 up at fulham Do you honestly think united being unbeaten this season has come down to luck?

Don't want to drag up an old argument, but it's come down more to the standard of the league surely. United have remained static, whilst all their usual rivals have regressed quite dramatically this season.

How many proper tough fixtures have they had anyway? I'd say Spurs away is comfortably their biggest test in the league so far this season. They haven't played Chelsea home or away, City parked the bus at home against them more or less, and they've hosted Arsenal, Spurs and Liverpool. United are in for a tough second half of the season - there's no question about that.

If you have a look at their league results so far this season, they haven't really won a tough game yet! They've drawn away to Everton, Bolton, Sunderland. In fact, they've only won two matches on the road so far this season in the league!

Is it uniteds fault they were snowed off at stamford bridge?

They have had loads of easy games- give me a break

Arsenal liverpool spurs and city aint easy games and they won 3/4 of them

Is valencia away an easy game? They beat them too

But sure thats all down to luck and the fact the whole league has weakened

Are city, spurs and arsenal weaker this season than in previous seasons??????????????

Chelsea and liverpool have got weaker but the rest havent
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2011 at 7:29am
City and Spurs haven't been traditional top of the table rivals though, that's why I didn't mention them.

Valencia are Spanish the last time I checked, so I'm not sure why you've brought them up...

And where did I say it was United's fault they didn't play Chelsea? Doesn't matter who's 'fault' it was, just the simple fact that the fixture didn't take place.

And yes, United won 3 out of 4 of those games as you say. The one they didn't win was the only one which was away from Old Trafford.

I'm not saying United haven't done well this season - of course they have. Just saying it's all relative to their fixtures. They can hardly buy a win away from Manchester this season, so let's see how they get on at Spurs.

Do you think United have had a tougher league fixture so far this season?
Stoked Up View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stoked Up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2011 at 7:31am
As a neutral, I'm really looking forward to this game.

Spurs have been the very watchable side for neutrals this season and United are still the most formidable, despite my hopeful assertion that when they played Stoke they would be benevolent and play poorly, as they had done in some previous games.

I going for an exciting 2-2 draw and want my money back if it's a drab nil-niler!
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2011 at 7:37am

Did united ride their luck when they were 2-0 up against west brom Or maybe they rode their luck when they missed a peno to go 3-1 up at fulham Do you honestly think united being unbeaten this season has come down to luck?

When did i say it has soley been down to luck? Confused

They're in a great position but they haven't been playing as well as they can. FFS one of the chants in a pub after a match was "top 'o the league, and we're sh!te, top o the league, and we're sh!te".

They'd had more dodgy performances than solid ones but are in a great position to kick on.

Well if it was chanted in a pub well then it must be true

No team plays great football every game during a 38 game season

Exactly Barlow, which is why it sounds pathetic at you trying to diminish the achievements of the Arsenal invincible season.

Take the blinkers off, theres more to the game than Man U

If United do it this season it will also be a tremendous achievement

my belief is they will have to raise their game a bit in the 2nd half of the season as trips to White Hart Lane, Anfield, Emirates and the Bridge will test them more than their first half of the season games, especially considering that they aren't winning that many games on the road
But they traditionally improve after new year so its hard to call

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 14 Jan 2011 at 7:41am
Siralex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Poor Man's Duncan Castles

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Siralex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2011 at 7:48am
This is going to be a cracking match.  I can't see either side being conservative.  I have to say, Ferguson completely dealt with Spurs' main threats in Old Trafford - took them out of the game.  United won easily.

There will be goals - I can see a great score draw - although anything can happen if it's as open a game as I think it might be.

A draw will be a great result for United because I'm sure Ferguson is looking at the big picture and when you see they play Birmingham (h), Blackpool (A),
Villa (H), Wolves (A), City (H) and Wigan (A) in their next six games, I'm pretty sure Ferguson will be hopeful of picking up 17points out of the next 21 available.  If United do that, they'll be sailing away at the top.  If they're allowed two draws in those games then you expect him to be happy enough with a draw at White hart Lane.

Be interesting to see if Ferguson shows big respect to Redknapp by packing the midfield and leaving out Berbatov.  he does that away against big sides like CHelsea and Arsenal - will he view SPurs as a side he feels he needs to gain control in the midfeild against?

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2011 at 8:02am

Utd won the game easily with the help of the ref - yet another controversal decision going United's way.

Spurs were then 2-0 down - they were out of the game then.

If it had of stayed 1-0 Spurs would have been in the game a lot more.

Mr.Mojo Risin' View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

pray for Mojo!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr.Mojo Risin' Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2011 at 8:08am
Really looking forward to this game! Will be down the pub for the Merseyside derby and then this one! I hope to see goals and plenty of them but I won't be holdin my breath. I think it'll be a realtively low scoring game and although I'd love Spurs to win, I think the best they can hope for is a draw.
Ahh heya!
Siralex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Poor Man's Duncan Castles

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Siralex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2011 at 8:12am

Utd won the game easily with the help of the ref - yet another controversal decision going United's way.

You haven't a bog Horsey.

United were cruising at 1-0 - and that Nani goal came in the 85th minute - with Spurs not even close to threatening United anyway.  Besides, if the ref was helping United why didn't he give the blatant penalty on the lead up to the controversial goal. It was a defo pen. 

You don't know what you're talking about.  Spurs were spanked that day - all of their threats were nullified and they didn't even come close to getting in behind United - not even close!

You're such a f**king tulip!

Edited by Siralex - 14 Jan 2011 at 8:12am
Ireland4ever View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ireland4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2011 at 8:13am
Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

Did united ride their luck when they were 2-0 up against west brom

Or maybe they rode their luck when they missed a peno to go 3-1 up at fulham

Do you honestly think united being unbeaten this season has come down to luck?

They've played every team in the division (Bar Chelsea) at least once already, so i dont know where your coming with that arguement.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivakenbarlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2011 at 8:22am
Originally posted by Siralex Siralex wrote:

You haven't a bog Horsey.United were cruising at 1-0 - and that Nani goal came in the 85th minute - with Spurs not even close to threatening United anyway.  Besides, if the ref was helping United why didn't he give the blatant penalty on the lead up to the controversial goal. It was a defo pen.  You don't know what you're talking about.  Spurs were spanked that day - all of their threats were nullified and they didn't even come close to getting in behind United - not even close!You're such a f**king tulip!

Its getting pathetic at this stage

If this team had got this decision or that decision they would have beaten united

So what about the foul on ferdinand and the handball by zigic- was that luck for united
ChiefGooner View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChiefGooner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2011 at 8:23am

When did i say it has soley been down to luck? Confused

They're in a great position but they haven't been playing as well as they can. FFS one of the chants in a pub after a match was "top 'o the league, and we're sh!te, top o the league, and we're sh!te".

They'd had more dodgy performances than solid ones but are in a great position to kick on.

Well if it was chanted in a pub well then it must be true

No team plays great football every game during a 38 game season

Exactly Barlow, which is why it sounds pathetic at you trying to diminish the achievements of the Arsenal invincible season.

Take the blinkers off, theres more to the game than Man U

If United do it this season it will also be a tremendous achievement

my belief is they will have to raise their game a bit in the 2nd half of the season as trips to White Hart Lane, Anfield, Emirates and the Bridge will test them more than their first half of the season games, especially considering that they aren't winning that many games on the road
But they traditionally improve after new year so its hard to call

Thanks for saying what I was going to but in a much less polite fashion! Only a moanu 'fan' could belittle an achievement like that, I for one as a proper football fan would be the first to tip my hat to them if they achieved the same.
By the way viva, did you see utd away to villa? LOL

I can only see a utd win on sunday, spurs HT utd FT 22/1 Wink
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivakenbarlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2011 at 8:27am
I honestly thought that was a great achievement by arsenal, i was more so criticizing mersons take on constantly comparing united already and be littling this united side

Of course i seen the game away to villa- name one team that has gone through a season without some bad performances- hercules beat barca this season in the nou camp ffs!

Spurs ht utd full time could be a good shout

This one could go either way and i think both managers would prob take a draw now

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 11>
  Share Topic