You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Spurs to demolish......

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivakenbarlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Spurs to demolish......
    Posted: 13 Jan 2011 at 7:10am
Olympic stadium and build a new 60k seater on the site if their bid is succesful

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-12173663

This makes absolutely no sense
It took City 44 years to win the league and 10 months to lose it
Sponsored Links

Stoked Up View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stoked Up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2011 at 7:37am
I see West Ham are proposing something similar should they win the bid too.

Surely some London club would be happy with the stadium as it was intended or just with the removal of the running track as Man City did when they inherited the Commonwealth games stadium?

ETA: Just re-read the article. The big difference between the Olympic stadium and the Manchester stadium is the capacity at the London one would have to reduced, whereas City expanded theirs by removing the running track. Neither West Ham nor Spurs would need an 80,000 seater stadium.

Edited by Stoked Up - 13 Jan 2011 at 7:41am
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2011 at 7:43am
west ham intend to keep the running track therefore the athletics gang are happy with their proposal
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Stoked Up View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stoked Up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2011 at 7:46am
I suppose the danger is the stadium going the same way as China's Birds nest Olympic stadium which is now used as a winter theme park or for the odd concert.
AntrimMan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
YBIG's resident Nordy/London Hipster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntrimMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2011 at 7:57am
The London Olympic stadium is meant to be a semi permanent structure - the top tiers are essestinal temporary and come down to leave a 25 odd thousand stadium ( think its roughly that size anyway). Doesn't seem that suitable either way for either party.
@AntrimMan85
Justice No. 1 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Justice No. 1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2011 at 9:24am

West Ham should get this as the stadium is in East London where they're from. Spurs has planning permission to build a stadium next door to their current one in north london. While both areas are kips most Spurs fans I've spoken to would prefer to remain a north london club.

Vivakenbarlow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivakenbarlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2011 at 9:37am
If i was living in england paying tax towards an 80k seater olympic stadium in the height of a recession i wouldnt be too happy with spurs knocking it down straight after the games
It took City 44 years to win the league and 10 months to lose it
seaniemac View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seaniemac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2011 at 9:48am
Originally posted by Vivakenbarlow Vivakenbarlow wrote:

If i was living in england paying tax towards an 80k seater olympic stadium in the height of a recession i wouldnt be too happy with spurs knocking it down straight after the games
I couldn't give a sh*t to be honest.
Think Spurs are just using it to force  Haringey Council into a better deal on building a new ground beside WHL.
ScruffyR View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScruffyR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2011 at 10:28am
Stupid decision if it go's ahead Angry
"Football isn't a matter of life or death, it's much more important than that."
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic