You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sparkling Water

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2017 at 9:52am
Sparkling Water
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2017 at 10:07am
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

Hate the stuff. Nothing worse than when you're parched in a hotel room and you take a big swig from a water bottle and to your shock it's sparkling water.

Away in Poland. Switch the water in the bottle for vodka. Morning after night before one of the boys with a mouth like a nuns nasty takes a massive swig. Cue absolute scenes! 
DeadLOL

I can only imagine.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2017 at 10:10am
Have got into it recently - Find it good for the hangover.
Our new office at work has a tap that does still water as well as sparkling - a game changer !
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2017 at 10:23am
That's two people now that have espoused the benefits of sparkling water for a hangover. Will give it a ding next time I'm dying.
PaulB View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2017 at 10:28am
Its dott cotton. Hard to beat a cold bottle of still though,
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2017 at 11:36am
having gotten sparlking water so often in Europe, I don't mind it now, but would always pick normal water first. 

What makes it sparking? And is it just the same as normal water? 
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2017 at 11:49am
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

having gotten sparlking water so often in Europe, I don't mind it now, but would always pick normal water first. 

What makes it sparking? And is it just the same as normal water? 

It’s carbonated water. Water that has had carbon dioxide applied under pressure to it.
Wouldnt be too keen on it but have heard it’s great for a hangover alright

Edited by 9fingers - 26 Sep 2017 at 11:49am
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2017 at 11:14pm
It's quality for a hangover, not on the level of a bottle of Lucozade but definitely worth a bottle or two when on deaths door after a session.

The amount of people who are in disbelief that you drink sparkling water is gas (pun intended) LOL
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2017 at 11:18pm
wouldn't even wash my feet in sparkling water DeadDeadDeadDead
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2017 at 8:25am
A recent convert and it quenches a thirst big time. Lovely with ice and a slice of lemon.
AKA pedantic kunt
AntrimMan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
YBIG's resident Nordy/London Hipster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntrimMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2017 at 10:57am
This thread made me curious so picked up a bottle of this after sinking a bottle of red wine last night. Did the trick nicely.
@AntrimMan85
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2017 at 11:18am
"Still or Sparkling Sir?"
I'll have tap water thank you very much.

Paying for water Thumbs Down and Sparkling water is just sick Dead

MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2017 at 11:20am

An absolute sham of a beverage. No character, no depth. It doesn't have the history of non sparkling water. It's a modern day snake oil created by marketing suits in order to con the great unwashed out of their few bob. It's a monument to the worst excesses of this noxious consumer society we live in.

There's nothing as deflating as opening a bottle of water when thirsty and hearing that release of gaseous fizz and releasing that you've got that muck instead of still water.
El Puto Amo
drog addict View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Castleknocker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drog addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2017 at 12:06pm
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

An absolute sham of a beverage. No character, no depth. It doesn't have the history of non sparkling water. It's a modern day snake oil created by marketing suits in order to con the great unwashed out of their few bob. It's a monument to the worst excesses of this noxious consumer society we live in.

There's nothing as deflating as opening a bottle of water when thirsty and hearing that release of gaseous fizz and releasing that you've got that muck instead of still water.

There is nothing worse when you ask phily k to get the water for half time at eurofan playing in over 30 degree heat and you reach for for refreshing drink only to be poisoned by hot sparkling water.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2017 at 12:17pm
Originally posted by drog addict drog addict wrote:

There is nothing worse
when you ask phily k to get the water for half time at eurofan playing in over 30 degree heat and you reach for for refreshing drink only to be poisoned by hot sparkling water.
AIDS is worse.

Edited by pre Madonna - 27 Sep 2017 at 12:18pm
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2017 at 12:18pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

There is nothing worse
when you ask phily k to get the water for half time at eurofan playing in over 30 degree heat and you reach for for refreshing drink only to be poisoned by hot sparkling water.

Aids is worse.

Martin O Neill is worse
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
DonkeyOatey View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonkeyOatey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2017 at 12:43pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

There is nothing worse

Aids is worse.

Martin O Neill is worse

I agree with drogaddict, I'd take the aids and take them from phillyk if it was a choice between that and sparkling water mid game in the Ukrainian heat.

Edited by DonkeyOatey - 27 Sep 2017 at 12:44pm
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2017 at 6:04pm

There is nothing worse

AIDS is worse.

AIDS is worse overall, yes I'll accept that. However AIDS hasn't actually affected me personally where as sparkling water has.
El Puto Amo
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic