Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Southampton thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5152535455 67>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2017 at 9:44am
Don't see this anywhere on my Twitter feed.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Sponsored Links

bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2017 at 9:47am
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Originally posted by bhob bhob wrote:

81 million LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

Pogba, Lukaku and everybody else bought before the NEYMAR deal look cheap.

2017 is the year football just went doh sh1te crazy.

You're comparing virgil van dijk to Pogba and or Lukaku, jesus Christ it just gets funnier.

Maybe if Liverpool sign him they should pay him a million a week that way they're guaranteed to win the league due to their high wage bill
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2017 at 9:58am
Yeah, only other teams over spend on players. Not Man United
Carmody 10 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carmody 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2017 at 10:02am
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

According to ESPN Saints have accepted an £81million bid from Liverpool for Virgil van Dijk.

Copy and paste the link to the article please DM.
Out of order
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2017 at 10:24am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Yeah, only other teams over spend on players. Not Man United

I never once said United don't over spend on players but I most certainly don't come on here crying like a little bitch about it as if the money is coming out of my pocket Embarrassed
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2017 at 10:30am
I know, you come on mocking when other teams buy a player, acting as if the money is coming out of the fans of that club's pockets, and when United do it you use the line, well it isn't my money.

How convenient. Sums up a lot of the silliness of modern day football fans.  

Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2017 at 10:41am

You're comparing virgil van dijk to Pogba and or Lukaku, jesus Christ it just gets funnier.

Maybe if Liverpool sign him they should pay him a million a week that way they're guaranteed to win the league due to their high wage bill

whoosh Bhob, talk about not getting his point LOL 
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2017 at 12:36pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

whoosh Bhob, talk about not getting his point LOL 

That went way over his head!
He thinks every post is attacking Man U. 

bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2017 at 1:16pm
Those deals don't look cheap in comparison, they look like good value deals. There's nothing cheap about spending 80+million on a player but there's a hell of a lot more value in spending it on attacking players who can sell jerseys rather than a Southampton centre back.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2017 at 1:20pm
If Van Dijk can be the final piece in the jigsaw that moves Liverpool onto a side who can win trophies (they've only won 1 in last ten years) then I think that would compensate for the lack of jerseys sold

bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2017 at 1:23pm

If Van Dijk can be the final piece in the jigsaw that moves Liverpool onto a side who can win trophies (they've only won 1 in last ten years) then I think that would compensate for the lack of jerseys sold

True, however they will need more than 1 CB to help them in their quest if you ask me.
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2017 at 1:35pm
Folk getting over protective when someone mentions "their" club over spending
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2017 at 1:36pm

True, however they will need more than 1 CB to help them in their quest if you ask me.
Very true but he'll be a huge improvement on what's there already and if the other rumoured 1/2 signings come in too they'll definitely be a stronger side than last year
Some people just deserve a slap
alihau41 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alihau41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2017 at 3:09pm
it's funny how recently any CB to leave Southampton was good before he left, then turned utter muck after...lovren and fonte. 81m a big punt on any player, will be interesting to see if he can adapt to new surroundings and much larger expectations
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2017 at 3:11pm
Even if Van Dijk was happily training and playing in the Southampton first team, you'd have to accept £81m for him

Fair play to Southampton, they've got as good a deal as possible
alihau41 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alihau41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2017 at 3:24pm
they can almost guarantee fees from Liverpool every year, it's ridiculous at this stage. unreal deal for them if it does go through
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2017 at 3:24pm
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

Don't see this anywhere on my Twitter feed.

+1
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2017 at 3:40pm
Really don't want to sell him to Liverpool...Was hoping City or Chelsea would take him.  We don't have a bad cb lineup without him. Good riddance to him anyway. Lousy attitude
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5152535455 67>
  Share Topic