Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

South American Football Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3940414243>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2021 at 11:35pm
Even more baffling the decision to release James Rodriguez from the squad even after he declared himself fit! Look poor enough without him.
Sponsored Links

Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2021 at 11:39pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Even more baffling the decision to release James Rodriguez from the squad even after he declared himself fit! Look poor enough without him.

They could really do with him doing a Bale tonight. Venezuela have parked the bus, but Colombia have made it easy enough for them.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2021 at 10:32pm
Like a time warp watching Chile v Uruguay. The combined age of the players must be huge. 
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2021 at 11:29pm
Game on!

Funny seeing Ben Brereton play.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2021 at 11:27pm
Uruguay dominating Bolivia, but still only leading by an own goal. The Bolivian keeper has played very well.

As an aside, I think the 1994 pre World Cup Friendly between Ireland and Bolivia was the first game attended for a huge number of Irish fans. The number I meet who also say that was their first game is extraordinary.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2021 at 11:45pm
Uruguay should be 5/6 up here at least! Attack vs defence.
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2021 at 11:52pm
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

Uruguay dominating Bolivia, but still only leading by an own goal. The Bolivian keeper has played very well.

As an aside, I think the 1994 pre World Cup Friendly between Ireland and Bolivia was the first game attended for a huge number of Irish fans. The number I meet who also say that was their first game is extraordinary.
Delaney Snr handing out free tickets ?
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2021 at 11:53pm

Cavani's strike for the second was the least they deserved. Decent defensive effort from Bolivia, but I think that's it for them.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2021 at 11:54pm
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

Cavani's strike for the second was the least they deserved. Decent defensive effort from Bolivia, but I think that's it for them.

What a miss from Maxi Gomez LOL
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2021 at 11:56pm

What a miss from Maxi Gomez LOL

Head in hands stuff! I struggling to understand how it actually went so far wide!
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2021 at 6:52pm
Some red card by Jesus last night, nearly took the guy’s head off. 

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2021 at 10:03am
Brazil v the winners of Argentina/ Colombia in the final 

Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2021 at 10:56am
Dull enough competition thus far really
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2021 at 11:04am
The competition is a farce! They done a group stages where 4 out of the 5 teams in each group qualified for the QFs.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2021 at 11:35am

The competition is a farce! They done a group stages where 4 out of the 5 teams in each group qualified for the QFs.

They should have put the winners of each group into the 1/2 finals and let 2 v 3 into the 1/4 finals.

Way too many games before the 1/4 finals to get rid of 2 teams. 

Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2021 at 11:42am
Its almost like qualification takes place within the competition itself (one could argue the Euros has gone that way a bit, especially with the NL play-offs sitting just outside the first round where only 8 teams go home). And the truth is Venezuela and Bolivia sit behind the rest of the South American footballing fraternity, so when they are placed individually in each group, the chances of them propping up the group are high.
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2021 at 5:32pm
Used to have 3 group winners and 1 best runner up into Semis. But Brasil/Argentina got knocked once so they changed it.
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2021 at 6:38pm
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

Used to have 3 group winners and 1 best runner up into Semis. But Brasil/Argentina got knocked once so they changed it.
Hope they go back to it next time. The system used this time felt too drawn out and would have felt even more so if the 2 guest teams had been able to stay (Qatar and Australia had to pull out after World Cup qualifiers in Asia were re-scheduled).
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3940414243>
  Share Topic