Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

South American Football Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3536373839 43>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2019 at 12:54pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Jesus is an obvious leader.

Not so good on crosses though 
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Sponsored Links

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2019 at 12:59pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

He went up for one once and there are ****s still talking about it.
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2019 at 5:10pm

Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

He went up for one once and there are ****s still talking about it.
That was always going to be the case.

"Nailed on", you might say.
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2019 at 9:18pm
Has any one been to a league game in the Maracana? 

Fluminense are playing at home while I'm there so will pick up a ticket. Want to be in with the home fans obviously so does any one know where the away fans are put, so I can avoid that section when buying a ticket. They're playing Internacional from Porto Alegre so doubt there will be many away fans, but just to be sure.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Deco79 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deco79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2019 at 1:02pm

I went to see Flamengo v Internacional in 2008 in the Maracanã, Flamengo won the game 2-1! with the stadium being so big and probably bigger now after the redevelopment for the World Cup in 2014 it'll be easy to get tickets! I got my tickets through the hotel I was staying in and was encouraged not to go in with the hardcore element of Flamengo's support but where I was sat on the halfway line was good enough. there was probably 20'000 max there in a 100'000+ stadium so it was a bit of a let down in atmosphere terms to be honest especially when you have this vision of a stadium rocking. I didn't see any away support and the hardcore Flamengo support was behind one of the goals with all the big flags and flares going off. wasn't expensive either. I'd say go the stadium and get an idea from the locals which turnstile to go through to get a good experience of it

The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2019 at 5:32pm
Got a ticket on the day at the Stadium, cost 5 euro LOL  Bland enough stadium, which can be said for a lot of modern stadia.

There were only 16k fans there, had been raining for 2 days though. 500-700 from Internacional which I was surprised at, unless they all lived in Rio as Porto Alegre is miles away. Supporters were all too spread out, could be managed better. The hardcore fans were stuck in the upper tier, which should probably be closed off given the attendances they get. There was a decent atmosphere though.

Did the stadium tour, which was ok. I was expecting (in hindsight, I shouldn't have been) more of an exhibition on Brazilian football, but it's solely focused on the stadium's history.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2019 at 12:08pm
Estudiantes return to their home after thirteen years away was somewhat impressive. Clap
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2021 at 11:43pm
Uruguayan footballer Santiago Garcia committed suicide over a week ago. He was the top scorer in the Argentine Primera Division as recently as the 2017-18 season, pipping Lautaro Martinez to the prize.

Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2021 at 10:34pm
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2021 at 1:54pm

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2021 at 2:20pm
Some player. That free-kick against the Dutch, the massive pile-on celebration in the dugout and trying to shake hands with the whole Dutch team when being substituted. It helped that I hated the Dutch for having the cheek to beat us. Four years later and I loved them.LOL
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2021 at 5:14pm

Some player. That free-kick against the Dutch, the massive pile-on celebration in the dugout and trying to shake hands with the whole Dutch team when being substituted. It helped that I hated the Dutch for having the cheek to beat us. Four years later and I loved them.LOL
I was at that game in Dallas, 120 degrees that day.
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2021 at 5:17pm
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

I was at that game in Dallas, 120 degrees that day.
Clap
Some game to have been at it.
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2021 at 5:24pm
Flew from New Orleans to Dallas.
Load of Dutch fans on the plane.
Pilot announces Bulgaria knocked out Germany.
Dutch fans go wild.
American women asked me ‘why do you all hate the Germans ?’

"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2021 at 5:29pm

Flew from New Orleans to Dallas.
Load of Dutch fans on the plane.
Pilot announces Bulgaria knocked out Germany.
Dutch fans go wild.

LOL
Some trip though.
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2021 at 6:11pm

LOLLOL
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2021 at 9:34am
The rumours about James Rodriquez LOL
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2021 at 9:39am
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

The rumours about James Rodriquez LOL
The reaction to it is depressing. Let him be whatever he wants to be.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3536373839 43>
  Share Topic