Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sound Rangers Men

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2021 at 2:10pm
Originally posted by wexfordman1 wexfordman1 wrote:

Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Kevin Kyle

He is brilliant on Open Goal he was Celtic growing up did a brilliant interview with Simon Ferry got on really well with Niall Quinn

He seems to still be a Celtic fan, which i can't quite grasp. 

Was listening to a podcast with Paul Merson recently and was surprised to hear that he was a big Chelsea fan as a young fella, and still is despite being an Arsenal legend. He said he'd still cheer on Chelsea when they're playing Arsenal but just wouldn't go to that game
Sponsored Links

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2021 at 2:11pm
Originally posted by irelandfan irelandfan wrote:

Richie Sadlier
Brian Kerr

We said sound
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2021 at 2:54pm
Neil Simpspn....sound man. The sound of durrant squealing like a pig.🐷🐷🐷
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2021 at 3:01pm
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Presume you think Gary Stevens is a sound man for ending Jim Beglin's career

Or is somebody who tries to end the career of another player only a "sound man" when they do it to a Rangers player - rather than when a guy who later played for Rangers did it to an Irishman
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2021 at 3:02pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Originally posted by irelandfan irelandfan wrote:

Richie Sadlier
Brian Kerr

We said sound
Richie is sound

McQewan's Lager is the sort of fella who'd turn you off Rangers though
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2021 at 3:05pm
Sergeant Cordell Walker
daithi View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2021 at 3:08pm
Has Arlene Foster got a mention yet LOL or maybe stick her in the coltish thread
Just because it's tradition does not make it right
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2021 at 3:13pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

McCoist is one of the few colour commentators I have heard in recent years who is capable of the task. He has a certain charm to his humour and he doesn't try too hard and he seems to grasp football's rightful place in the list of priorities.
There was a great mix of characters in that mid 90s Rangers team

Coisty
Gazza
Laudrup
Durrant
Big Jorg Albertz - the Hammer
Goram
Gough
Bomber Brown
Mark Hateley

Never a dull moment

A great mix of clown princes, silky skills and proper hard men

The cup semi-final of 1998 against Celtic at Celtic Park was one of the last great days for Rangers in Walter Smith's first tenure 

Two fantastic goals

A sublime diving headed finish by Super Ally from a beautiful Albertz cross, followed by a magnificent celebration by the goal machine himself, you couldn't help but admire Coisty's passion for his team

Then a magnificent goal by Albertz, one of the most under rated goals I've seen, a 40 yard run and a couple of Maradona-like dummies to leave the Celtic defenders on their arses, followed by an emphatic finish

The best goal I've seen in an Old Firm derby, probably in the top 20 goals I've ever seen

I feel certain Germany would have won the 1998 World Cup had they picked big Jorg
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2021 at 3:13pm
Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Presume you think Gary Stevens is a sound man for ending Jim Beglin's career

Or is somebody who tries to end the career of another player only a "sound man" when they do it to a Rangers player - rather than when a guy who later played for Rangers did it to an Irishman
Remember Jim p!aying for the Hoops as a teenager, class act even then. Best left full to play for Ire!and in my humble opinion. Dreadfully sad how his career ended, that day in St James the poor fella could hardly run.
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2021 at 4:39pm
Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

Controversial one but have a lot of time for Steven Davis after his time at Saints. Brilliant player without getting the same credit as many of his teammates and an excellent professional. Just got on with it if things weren't going his way

Not sure you could call him "controversial", since in nearly 20 years a professional he's never got into any sort of bother for his conduct, on or off the field.

Compare him with eg Morelos, Brown or any number of Celtic/Rangers/NI/ROI players.
NI captain on a ROI forum/Rangers legend enough reason on a YBIG forum
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2021 at 6:40pm

Controversial one but have a lot of time for Steven Davis after his time at Saints. Brilliant player without getting the same credit as many of his teammates and an excellent professional. Just got on with it if things weren't going his way

Not sure you could call him "controversial", since in nearly 20 years a professional he's never got into any sort of bother for his conduct, on or off the field.

Compare him with eg Morelos, Brown or any number of Celtic/Rangers/NI/ROI players.

True enough but Davis himself seems a decent lad and a fantastic professional. I remember him being booed in 2011 Nations Cup game at Lansdowne which was embarrassing stuff from a contingent of our support. Would've loved if he played for Ireland. I think himself and Shane Long are good mates.  

Edited by irishmufc - 10 Mar 2021 at 6:41pm
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2021 at 6:49pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

True enough but Davis himself seems a decent lad and a fantastic professional. I remember him being booed in 2011 Nations Cup game at Lansdowne which was embarrassing stuff from a contingent of our support. Would've loved if he played for Ireland. I think himself and Shane Long are good mates.  

I remember people booing GSTQ that night too. In 2011 it also sounded pretty regressive to me.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2021 at 6:56pm
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

I remember people booing GSTQ that night too. In 2011 it also sounded pretty regressive to me.
In fairness, a song with that content was regressive long before 2011.
irelandfan View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2021 at 7:03pm

Just as embarrassing as when a few of our Orish Liverpool fans gave Sterling abuse. 
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2021 at 7:14pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

In fairness, a song with that content was regressive long before 2011.

Be that as it may, I still felt the booing had a serious bang of 'Armchair Republican' off of it.

Edited by Het-field - 10 Mar 2021 at 7:14pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2021 at 7:23pm
It's a rivalry and it will happen. I wouldn't bother booing a song myself, but if others want to... It doesn't make anyone look big or clever, but that's some of the fun of supporting football  I would be against national anthems being played before sporting events at all, but that's another matter.

I don't get the problem with booing opposition players, no matter how trivial or frivolous the reason. Boo them all! 
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2021 at 7:39pm
In principle, I would agree with you. But this one runs a little deeper when for instance the Yugoslavian anthem was booed at Lansdowne Road in 1999. I thought the 2011 it showed a little bit of an old style mentality, which is not entirely conducive to progress in the area of advancing a United Ireland.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2021 at 7:43pm
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

In principle, I would agree with you. But this one runs a little deeper when for instance the Yugoslavian anthem was booed at Lansdowne Road in 1999. I thought the 2011 it showed a little bit of an old style mentality, which is not entirely conducive to progress in the area of advancing a United Ireland.
I can't say I am as concerned about a UI as I once was, but I don't think a few lads jeering a very silly song is going to be in anyway decisive. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic