You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sol Campbell

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d13dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2015 at 3:00pm
an odious arrogant man. 

Sponsored Links

erimus View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote erimus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2015 at 3:03pm
All of london will be declared racist when he fails miserably

Absolute horrid ****
This is our f**king country we're talking about - Keano

ROLL ON 2016
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2015 at 10:06pm
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2018 at 3:11pm
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news-and-comment/sol-campbell-greatest-minds-football-genius-oxford-job-arsenal-tottenham-england-a8223386.html
What is it about ex Arsenal centre halfs?
Campbell's coming across as a nutcase, a bit like Tony Adams

Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2018 at 3:16pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news-and-comment/sol-campbell-greatest-minds-football-genius-oxford-job-arsenal-tottenham-england-a8223386.html
What is it about ex Arsenal centre halfs?
Campbell's coming across as a nutcase, a bit like Tony Adams

So they take Bellamy who has been earning their stripes, over Sol with no experience. His efforts to enter politics, and now his efforts to enter management seem to be constantly scuppered by his lack of experience, and selection of people more experienced than him.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2018 at 3:20pm
Surprised he didn't pull out the race card

9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2018 at 4:07pm

He has previously no?
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2018 at 6:15pm
Apparently he was good friends with his (former) Spurs teammate, Steffen Freund.

One evening (after both had retired?), they were out in a restaurant.

A Spurs fan went up to them and handed Freund a pen and a piece of paper for an autograph. Freund signed it and passed it over to Judas, at which point the fan snatched it back, saying: "I don't want yours."
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2018 at 6:17pm
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2018 at 6:21pm
I can't believe some people, I'm one of the greatest minds in football and I'm being wasted because of a lack of experience or "maybe he talks his mind too much".

Go to Germany, they love people who speak their minds.

Why don't you go to Germany then, Einstein?

ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2018 at 7:20pm
No wonder nobody wants him. Fruitloop
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2018 at 10:17pm
Having heard Campbell being interviewed a few times in the last few years, he's definitely a few sandwiches short of a picnic. Imo, he's the best English centre half of the past 25 years or so. Even better than the likes of Adams.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2018 at 11:34pm
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

Having heard Campbell being interviewed a few times in the last few years, he's definitely a few sandwiches short of a picnic. Imo, he's the best English centre half of the past 25 years or so. Even better than the likes of Adams.
John Terry.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2018 at 11:40pm
A black Tory? f**k right off.
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2018 at 11:48pm
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

John Terry.

Campbell isn't even the best black English centre half of the last 25 years. He's not even the second best black English centre half of the last 25years at that. Ledley King and Rio Ferdinand far better.
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2018 at 11:51pm
Far better player than Terry imo. Most complete English centre half of that time. Never received the kudos that Terry got which was very strange. Btw, I think Terry was a very good centre back, just not one of the best in the world as people always said. Campbell was up there with the best in the world for a few years.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2018 at 11:54pm
Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

John Terry.

Campbell isn't even the best black English centre half of the last 25 years. He's not even the second best black English centre half of the last 25years at that. Ledley King and Rio Ferdinand far better.
Exactly what my last post suggested. Campbell never got the kudos in the general public that the likes of Terry or Rio Ferdinand got. Yet he was a far better player than both. King was a very good player, but injuries ruined him. Ask Spurs or Arsenal fans about how good Campbell was and you'll see. He never received the coverage of others, but was a better player.

Edited by Hans Moleman - 22 Feb 2018 at 11:54pm
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2018 at 12:04am

As 9F pointed out, he has a track record of it.

One story I remember a few months ago he was complaining that he was racially abused at Roker Park, unfortunately for the thick f**k the date he gave he didn't actually play the match and Sunderland were already moved to the Stadium Of Light so the story had zero legitimacy to it.

What a fruitloop.

Edited by coyne - 23 Feb 2018 at 12:08am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic