You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Social Media who do you follow that you disagree
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Social Media who do you follow that you disagree

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Social Media who do you follow that you disagree
    Posted: 24 Feb 2020 at 9:42am
ok with accusations of echo chambers etc

10 people on social media that you disagree with on a regular basis. 

AKA pedantic kunt
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2020 at 9:57am

Benedict Spence. Tory c**t who absolutely wrecks my head. I disagree with nearly everything he posts. He even looks like a dope. 
El Puto Amo
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2020 at 10:18am
Nick Griffin. An utterly horrible person.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2020 at 11:31am
Willie Frazier and his new mate that took over.

To thing people actually hold these backwards views like these in 2020 is simply astonishing.

Jamie Bryson is another like this above.

Sarah Carey - another cretin who crawled out of the gutter.

Edited by horsebox - 24 Feb 2020 at 11:32am
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
bogball88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogball88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2020 at 11:52am
Pastor Barrie Halliday LOL
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2020 at 11:55am
That's him

In one video, he starts to pass on his condolences to Seamus Mallon before slowly goes into full rant mode about filthy papists being ruled from Rome
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2020 at 12:01pm
Saw that one, bitter ****

He says Mallon was worse than SF/IRA. Also talked about the GAA as if they were some sort of terrorist organisation. "Aul sabbath breakers"
Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2020 at 12:23pm
Genuine question - why follow these people if they annoy ye so much? The World is full of imbeciles and social media has given these imbeciles a platform to air their imbecilic views, and ye seem to be actively seeking these people out. I don't get it. I recently even cancelled my TV subscription as the gobsh*te quota was getting seriously out of hand!
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2020 at 12:27pm
I don't follow any of them, but I like to go onto Bryson's twitter now and again to cheer myself up
BigPodge View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
I'm the Gaffer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigPodge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2020 at 12:30pm
Trump is the only one that I follow for comedic purposes!
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2020 at 12:41pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Saw that one, bitter ****

He says Mallon was worse than SF/IRA. Also talked about the GAA as if they were some sort of terrorist organisation. "Aul sabbath breakers"
The GAA should be classed as a terrorist organisation.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2020 at 1:00pm
Originally posted by BigPodge BigPodge wrote:

Trump is the only one that I follow for comedic purposes!

+1
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2020 at 2:07pm
Originally posted by Paulie Paulie wrote:

Genuine question - why follow these people if they annoy ye so much? The World is full of imbeciles and social media has given these imbeciles a platform to air their imbecilic views, and ye seem to be actively seeking these people out. I don't get it. I recently even cancelled my TV subscription as the gobsh*te quota was getting seriously out of hand!

This, I think people follow social media account of others they don't like just so they can get outraged

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2020 at 2:20pm
Funny how people.have I interpreted this as not only diagree with but people they close in hate or despise or pity.   

I was thinking more along the lines of people you disagree with but enjoy reading their posts or reading their articles.   

Living in an echo chamber is not the answer.  Always good to have valid voices and opinions in your life that challenge your world view. 
AKA pedantic kunt
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2020 at 2:38pm
Joe Rogan podcast is brilliant for having guests with a variety of views, opinions, world views etc. And whether you agree or disagree with the guest, it's generally a very interesting listen. 
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2020 at 2:39pm
I don't follow her but having read a couple of her articles I would put Ruth Diddly Aye up there!
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2020 at 3:18pm
Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

Joe Rogan podcast is brilliant for having guests with a variety of views, opinions, world views etc. And whether you agree or disagree with the guest, it's generally a very interesting listen. 

Problem with Joe and politics is that if he gets a guest who really knows his sh*t then Joe never challenges them on their thoughts.

His podcast with Edward Snowden should of snowballed viewership wise but it was 4 hours of Snowden talking sh*t with Rogan going 'yep' 
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2020 at 3:30pm
The rules of engagement for internet argument is long dead and buried. Mental gymnastics are the order of the day, as hominem argument is now seen as a legitimate form of rebuttal, fake news and dubious sources pepper agenda laden posts, Godwin’s Law appears almost instantly in a lot of political debates. The ‘like’ , the ‘retweet’ and the ‘share’ also means that people don’t have to be responsible for forming their own opinions, and can just use a click function to regurgitate somebody else’s views, without even thinking of vetting whether what they share is tenable, or acceptable.

A decade ago I thought the internet would ultimately make the exchange of ideas easier, reduce the burden of valid information sharing, and ensure that there was always a good quality control on the line between fact and fiction, and right and wrong. The saddest part is that social media seems now to have a critical mass of extremists and extremely dumb people who are in control, and that’s why were are where we are. Extremist, statement led politics.

As such, while I do keep an eye on the social media musings of people I don’t like, it doesn’t I’ve me a laugh or anything.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic