You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

"Social Influencers"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: "Social Influencers"
    Posted: 17 Jan 2018 at 11:25am
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2018 at 11:39am
I'd never heard of Universal in Orlando before her post. She has made me want to go there now.
The dark side.. And the light
HuntysCousin View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2018 at 11:39am
Some chancer, jesus. Great response though
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2018 at 11:45am
If this Elle Darby wan's goal is to get any exposure, either positive or negative, then she's done quite well here. As she is a 'social media influencer' I'm assuming that is very much her aim here.

The White Moose Café are fairly well known for their social media interaction so she would almost certainly have been aware she was going to get a response of that nature. Now she's got her name on a few different outlets (Daily Edge, Lovin' Dublin etc) so will almost certainly add to her 80k followers.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2018 at 11:53am
I'm still trying to figure out her claim of helping people in so many ways?

I understand what these people think they do, but it's a long way from being a philanthropic endeavour. People have been writing reviews for years. It's social journalism. This "social influencer" is a response to the explosion of column inches afforded by the internet. It reminds me of the way South Park dealt with YELP reviewers.
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2018 at 11:57am
Great respone. What a gee bag. 
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2018 at 11:58am
I’m open to correction here but in print media was there not a standard that all those filling column inches must have the accreditation to do so? Can’t open a paper these days without seeing pages of “influencers” talking shiiiiiiite’
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2018 at 11:59am
It's amazing that these people seem to have influence. They are all the same f**king person as well with that horrible f**king editing in their videos. Why can't you finish one sentence from one shot? It's dreadful. Christ almighty

I see one of the guests on the Late Late Show on Friday was a "snapchatter" Confused

Jesus f**king monkeyball christ

You have to be a serious moron to take advice from this level of ****
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2018 at 12:23pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Great respone. What a gee bag. 

This.
Also lovin Dublin running the story
BigPodge View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
I'm the Gaffer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigPodge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2018 at 12:36pm
I hate the snowflake generation, I really f**kin do, gee bag is too soft a word to describe this dzope!

reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2018 at 12:46pm
If I wanted to die a slow death for my past sins then I would be stuck in a lift with that irritating wannabe listening to her whine on and on and on and on and on.........
Get me a gun please!
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2018 at 12:57pm
The more people who watch that video are actually giving her money.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2018 at 1:07pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

The more people who watch that video are actually giving her money.
link?
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
adineen98 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adineen98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2018 at 1:07pm
Tír gan teanga, tír gan anam
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2018 at 1:09pm
My missus was telling me there recently about these "influencers". Some scandal where they were promoting products, skin care or lipstick stuff about how great the products were but failing to tell any of their thousands of followers that they'd actually just had cosmetic surgery done and this was in fact why the products looked so great, not because they actually were any use.

While it might not seem like a big deal to us normal folk, it does work on a whole generation of young kids who are easily led by these gobsh*tes.
Bo Jackson View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bo Jackson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2018 at 1:13pm
Paul Stenson is a legend Clap he clearly doesn't give a f**k
You don't know Bo?

2018 YBIG Fantasy Football Champ!
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2018 at 1:14pm
Originally posted by BigPodge BigPodge wrote:

I hate the snowflake generation, I really f**kin do, gee bag is too soft a word to describe this dzope!

Yep! The new generation watching 'Friends' for the first time on netflix want it pulled: http://www.dailyedge.ie/friends-2-3799633-Jan2018/

The sad thing is that it is probably true that if Friends was being made now, you would have that social diversity as part of the main cast and a lot of the jokes probably wouldn't have made it.

Star Wars VI/VII the perfect example of movies which were made in a way so not to piss off any of the snowflake generation, at the detriment to the story, in my opinion.

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2018 at 1:25pm
Imagine the travesty of a world without Friends! It would have been unbearable!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic