Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Soccer Republic

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3031323334 39>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2017 at 11:33am
Originally posted by ccfcmurphy ccfcmurphy wrote:

The tribute for Ryan at the end was a thing of beauty fair play to whoever put it together

Yes absolutely superb. Clap
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
Sponsored Links

Stillhuntinghenry View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

useless at posting links

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stillhuntinghenry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2017 at 3:17pm
Top class by SR
"Not one cent" - RTID on Mark Quigley's pay-off from Shamrock
AnCearrbhach View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnCearrbhach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2017 at 12:17pm
Nice touch how you can just watch the single game highlights on the player now. Never noticed that if it existed before.
Aithníonn ciaróg ciaróg eile.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2017 at 3:52pm
Watching Johnny McDonnell with that monitor is like watching your Nana with an iPad.
Dorothy in goal for Derry too.LOL

Edited by pre Madonna - 04 Apr 2017 at 4:00pm
Terzino View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Terzino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2017 at 5:49pm
The bit with Conan Byrne was a break from the norm. They should do more of that in the future.
Bitored View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitored Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2017 at 7:35pm
Originally posted by Terzino Terzino wrote:

The bit with Conan Byrne was a break from the norm. They should do more of that in the future.
Definitely the way to go. I`ve always thought that a behind the scenes look at a few clubs could be interesting too. Talk to volunteers and board members and show what goes into actually keeping a club on the road.
I won the Player of the Century award thanks to the people.Pele was second.He also came second behind Aryton Senna as Brazil's greatest sportsman.The award FIFA gave Pele isn't worth sh*t - Maradona
irelandfan View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2017 at 8:06pm
Originally posted by Bitored Bitored wrote:

Originally posted by Terzino Terzino wrote:

Definitely the way to go. I`ve always thought that a behind the scenes look at a few clubs could be interesting too. Talk to volunteers and board members and show what goes into actually keeping a club on the road.

Every week they should follow one club around on Match day Interview fans and Volunteers, board members around the ground and use this match with extended highlights. The best way to promote the league is to show the human and non corporate side of the game that's the best trait about the League of Ireland and it needs to be highlighted but of course that's just yours and my opinion of it RTE would love nothing better than to not have the burden of it.  Eir Sports coverage of Dundalk in Europe last season was brilliant shame they don't hold the rights to a highlights show and they would probably have it on at a reasonable hour.
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.
Dugs View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dugs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2017 at 9:37pm
Jeez finn park looks like the biggest sh*thole going. Such a dump. Its not fit for the 1st division never mind the premier division. Should be rented out for grazing.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2017 at 3:51am
Just tried to watch it again and Collins is so infuriating still, just as Dave Barry was making an interesting point about the development and evolution of the midfield under Caulfield in he comes with a cumbersome question about City's defence. There is a knack and an art in journalism in the timing of questions and also in wording them right, this lad doesn't have it. He is so programmed that I think a timer switch goes off and out comes the question, usually with added pause as he remembers how it was worded on the sheet. It just isn't good enough. He asked a question after the highlights of the Pats game that was longer than the answer! 
There are definite improvements as time goes on, even if they seem to be found by default more than anything else! The piece with Conan Byrne was really good, as others have said, something like this should be included regularly. 
I enjoy Barry's punditry, he is far from the most eloquent speaker and will never beat Rico at Scrabble but he made some good points, about City and Limerick in particular, in between saying ' ya know' and looking his head was going to burst into flames.
They also seem to have got rid of the ridiculous gadgets and screens that made the show look like a parody of itself.
There is still a few small irritations with the highlights though, the main one being Stephen Alkin. The man sounds like he is reading the script without having seen the video; just leave Adrian Eames do it.
Replays are a must too.

In short;swap Collins for Cantwell, leave Eames do all the highlights and let the punditry to Kerr, Barry, Cawley, Sadlier and the like and you have a watchable show. Oh, change the cringe inducing title screens as well, it isn't a school project.

Edited by pre Madonna - 12 Apr 2017 at 4:06am
Nah Nah Nah Nah View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Yea Yea Yea Yea

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nah Nah Nah Nah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2017 at 8:51am
Ah here now Dave Barry is awful. He can barely get a sentence out. 

Bad and all that he is if I could only make one change it would be to get Joanne Cantwell back in. 
Pablo Escobar View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pablo Escobar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2017 at 11:05am
Originally posted by Nah Nah Nah Nah Nah Nah Nah Nah wrote:

Bad and all that he is if I could only make one change it would be to get Joanne Cantwell back in. 

If Barry could string a sentence together he'd be brilliant. He has great insight and genuinely knows and loves the league.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2017 at 2:05pm
Originally posted by Nah Nah Nah Nah Nah Nah Nah Nah wrote:

As I said already he is far from Rico and makes more unnecessary vowel sounds than a Sopranos character but he makes some great insights and is also passionate too. What he actually says is spot on. 
I don't mind Cawley either and he manages to say nothing at all interesting, there is just something charming in his childish excitement! It is the like of Stuey Byrne and lines like "Dundalk will have to get more points than Cork to win the league" delivered in an annoying monotone voice and Johnny f**king McDonnell they need to move away from him. Have people who are passionate and interesting on it.
Like most football shows should have I am also in favour of having a decent journalist as an analyst. The likes of Malone, McDonnell or even Sweeney for something different, all have a love and understanding for the game and have a different angle to come at things from.
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2017 at 6:33pm
Cant have Dave Barry at all, always seems to end up talking about cork no matter what game they were discussing

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2017 at 6:40pm
Originally posted by Shoco Shoco wrote:

Cant have Dave Barry at all, always seems to end up talking about cork no matter what game they were discussing
Well the only game he talked about them last night was after their game, he made some excellent points about Limerick too. 
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2017 at 8:17pm
Daves ok,if you are judging his accent thats just daft.he is a very perceptive pundit imo,always fair and calls it as he sees it no pandering .
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2017 at 8:36pm
Originally posted by oldbilly oldbilly wrote:

Daves ok,if you are judging his accent thats just daft.he is a very perceptive pundit imo,always fair and calls it as he sees it no pandering .

The Dublin accent is the worst in the world and I will argue in favour of Kerr, one of the worst examples of it! Sadlier's accent grates too but he at least gets his point across. Johnny McDonnell needs subtitles though, he could be brilliant for all I know! He sounds like a fire engine.
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2017 at 11:26pm
Leave off the dub sl*gging,theres a good lad.johnny macs a gobsh*te,so is sadlier,neither can back up the talk..dave boy barry has always given non cork sides a fair shout,respect given.greener is pats thru and thru,a genuine loi legend,a hater of delaney,in fact of everything not pats.still like the bugger,top football man
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2017 at 11:30pm
Originally posted by oldbilly oldbilly wrote:

Leave off the dub sl*gging,theres a good lad.johnny macs a gobsh*te,so is sadlier,neither can back up the talk..dave boy barry has always given non cork sides a fair shout,respect given.greener is pats thru and thru,a genuine loi legend,a hater of delaney,in fact of everything not pats.still like the bugger,top football man
There was no sl*gging there, merely observations.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3031323334 39>
  Share Topic