You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Snow Patrol gig Gdansk: In aid of Debra Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Snow Patrol gig Gdansk: In aid of Debra Ireland

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gusford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2012 at 9:45am
gusford +5 Smile
Sponsored Links

londonirish View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote londonirish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2012 at 10:08am
Disgraceful comments on here. Decent band in my book and they are doing this for charity!

We should be encouraging more from the North to support the Republic despite backgrounds. These lads are not political and they are obviously in town to support the BIG so fair play to them.

On the music front, i saw them in the roundhouse Camden last year and they were a quality live act. 

If you don't like their music fine, but leave the polictial rubbish out of this.
Liatroim Red View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane
Longford Red

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liatroim Red Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2012 at 10:10am

Seen them in B'Ham once for my b'day (which is coincidently the same day they're playing this gig in Gdansk).

I was really looking forward to it but by god they were dull. Middle of the road dinner party pap dressed up as indie. Why anyone would want to ruin their Euro party watching this bag of wank I really don't know. Rather listen to one of you lot murdering a Christy Moore song in the pub thanks very much.
...and their lead singer supports a country that doesn't even exist. That's just plain weird. Wink

Edited by Liatrom Red - 25 May 2012 at 10:16am
"I only ever hit Roy Keane the once. He got up so I couldn't have hit him very hard." - Brian Clough
shawty View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shawty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2012 at 10:23am
Just got 7 tickets.... roll on Poland

YBIG forum full of feckin moaners..

Go on.. say something moany......
Liatroim Red View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane
Longford Red

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Liatroim Red Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2012 at 10:47am
Originally posted by shawty shawty wrote:

Just got 7 tickets.... roll on Poland

YBIG forum full of feckin moaners..

Go on.. say something moany......

"I only ever hit Roy Keane the once. He got up so I couldn't have hit him very hard." - Brian Clough
Jackthelad View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
It's OUR year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackthelad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2012 at 11:23am
Jaysus, lads are lettin off some steam here.
"country that doesn't even exist" - absolutely no need for a comment like that - look at the shaggin thread title, they're an Irish band doin a gig for charity.
No problem whatsoever with lads sayin they're muck, everyone has different tastes.
The sun is shinin lads, we're 2 weeks away from heaven, leave the northerners alone, have an ice pop and CHILL OUT!
Oh Poland we loved you.....
cabbageandbacon View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabbageandbacon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2012 at 11:31am

Exactly Jack, i don't like their music but i wouldn't knock their sentiment regarding the gig for charity.

On the other hand i wouldn't knock anyone with other opinions of them, each to their own.
Twitter: @ghosty1879
Salzburglilly View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2012 at 11:34am
Noel Gallaghers band are playing Gdansk,but not until the 20th,Cry, so feck it, why not see Snow Patrol... worse bands out there!
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2012 at 11:36am
They will probably attract a number of the bandwagon crowd and lads who are bringing their other halves along for the holiday and if they do then good luck to them - A good charity will benefit which is the main thing and the rest of us who don't go to away games to go to concerts can get on with skulling pints.

Hoosay View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hoosay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2012 at 11:40am
f**king hell, they're not my cup of tea either, but if you don't want to go just don't go, no need to be sl*gging them off for doing a charity gig. Doesn't matter a f**k where they're from or who they support, they're going out of their way to support a charity.
Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2012 at 11:42am
im sure the bands expenses getting taken out of the tally. How much wil that cost? they would have been better off playing in a small gig in ireland, would have raised more money, that is why im suspicious about their motivations to do this!

My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)
hoobedoo View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoobedoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2012 at 11:46am
No problem with the band, like some of their songs and they do allot for charity. Fair play for doing it for free but i think the price is a bit excessive. its ten euros cheeper then their irish gig and most people will get a nights accomodation and dinner for 50 euro in poland. i think 30  woud be fair. Would also nice too see some money going to a polish charity, Maybe some is and i missed it so apologies if im wrong.
The seeds of doubt that were sown at the weekend against Egypt have been doused by a dose of Jack Charlton's almighty weedkiller.<br />
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
It's OUR year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackthelad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2012 at 11:48am
As borussia said it suits some and not others.
Anyone goin with women in the group will get serious brownie points for attending this.
Il be there for 10 days tis only 1 day out of the pub and away from the banter. Il get over it and the 50quid hit.
whitesideOnside View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitesideOnside Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2012 at 11:51am
Leave the northern politics out of this lads. In fairness, they don't seem to get involved in it from what I know. I do think the price is to high for a gig in Poland but the biggest problem with this gig
is it is on the same night as Holland - Germany. Maybe it's on late at night but anytime before 11pm
and i can't see many football fans going.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
It's OUR year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackthelad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2012 at 11:55am
Starts at 4.00 with a BBQ.
Doesn't sound too hardcore does it!!!
Salzburglilly View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2012 at 12:39pm
Originally posted by Hoosay Hoosay wrote:

f**king hell, they're not my cup of tea either, but if you don't want to go just don't go, no need to be sl*gging them off for doing a charity gig. Doesn't matter a f**k where they're from or who they support, they're going out of their way to support a charity.

Clap Well said  man!
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2012 at 12:57pm

Some of their earleir stuff is alright but they've been shote for a few years now.  Gary Lightbody made a couple of great albums with various guest musicians from the likes of Arab Strap, Belle & Sebastian, Idlewild, Mogwai, Mull Historical Society & Teenage Fanclub that were excellent under the name The Reindeer Section, well worth checking out.  Saw some footage of their homecoming gig up the North on tv, he's not really suited for rocking out, voice is a bit weak, better suited for smaller acoustic gigs.

The gig is way overpriced for Poland though, not a Noel Gallagher fan but his gig is €20, might head to that as heading back to the coast for a few days with the mot after the Italy game.... 

Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2012 at 12:58pm
Originally posted by hoobedoo hoobedoo wrote:

Its pretty much the same price to see them and florance and the machine in phoenix park in july. Given that the average monthly wage is 500 in poland its pretty expensve. sounds like some promotor pulling a fast one hoping the irish will pay big money for a irish band.

DO YOU SEE WHERE IT SAYS: IN AID OF DEBRA IRELAND

Some of the comments on here are ridiculous, it's a charity gig. No one is making anyone go.. Ouch 
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic