You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Smoking

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 15>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
It’s Nessa actually

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gavintheslob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2010 at 7:14pm
Originally posted by MikeHunt MikeHunt wrote:

Nicorette inhaler sounds good, gives you the nicotine but also you smoke it like a smoke so it feels like your still smoking http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/medicines/100003544.html

If your willing to spend a few quid the Laser surgery could be a good idea. My auld fella used to smoke 60 a day, got the surgery and hates smokes since. Thinks its around €250.

Theres also hypnotherapy whioch I heard works but Id have my doubts!

Never heard of laser whats that about
Its very frustrating being a Slob
soccerc View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soccerc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2010 at 7:19pm
Originally posted by Gavintheslob Gavintheslob wrote:

Never heard of laser whats that about

Mumbo Jumbo Hocus Pocus - Acupuncture dressed up with flashing lights.

As one who needs to  give up the old sticks completely I've looked at every method and as the addiction is just that an addication, a term in some fancy alcohol, nicotine, drugs of any form, internet free place otherwise known as rehab is probably best
BigPodge View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
I'm the Gaffer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigPodge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2010 at 8:07am
Had me last smoke yesterday at 4, ordered that Allen Carr book online so will have it next week, will have me first proper test tonight, s'posed to be havin a few cans!!
Babysis View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Babysis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2010 at 8:10am
Originally posted by BigPodge BigPodge wrote:

Had me last smoke yesterday at 4, ordered that Allen Carr book online so will have it next week, will have me first proper test tonight, s'posed to be havin a few cans!!

Good man. Think about how you are improving your health and your finances. Well done ClapClapClap
First Commander-Galway Regatta
peterIreland View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peterIreland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2010 at 8:21am
Gave them up on the 17th of April last year cold turkey. I started smoking a few on a saturday nite as I couldnt resist with a few drinks then did that for a while not smoking during the week at all. It started to creep back up on me and I went back on them 5 weeks ago full time. The patches are a waist of money imo just stay away from anyone you know that smokes for the first few days and avoid alcohol its the only way!!!
erimus View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote erimus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2010 at 8:22am
Smoking is cool man.

dont quit.stick in there

Edited by erimus - 12 Jan 2010 at 8:22am
This is our f**king country we're talking about - Keano

ROLL ON 2016
Vivakenbarlow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivakenbarlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2010 at 8:29am
Originally posted by sasa123 sasa123 wrote:

Gave them up on the 17th of April last year cold turkey. I started smoking a few on a saturday nite as I couldnt resist with a few drinks then did that for a while not smoking during the week at all. It started to creep back up on me and I went back on them 5 weeks ago full time. The patches are a waist of money imo just stay away from anyone you know that smokes for the first few days and avoid alcohol its the only way!!!
No surprise there thenLOL
It took City 44 years to win the league and 10 months to lose it
BigPodge View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
I'm the Gaffer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigPodge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2010 at 8:30am

just stay away from anyone you know that smokes for the first few days and avoid alcohol its the only way!!!

That's the biggest prob for me, me gf, dad, bro, sis and best mate smoke plus most people in college, gonna be impossible to avoid em!!
The Count View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Count Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2010 at 8:31am

I would wait for the book to come before stopping! no harm getting a head start though podgeThumbs%20Up
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peterIreland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2010 at 8:32am
Originally posted by Vivakenbarlow Vivakenbarlow wrote:

No surprise there thenLOL
Should have choosen my words more wisely there god dam you Ken LOL
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2010 at 8:33am
Originally posted by erimus erimus wrote:

Smoking is cool man.

dont quit.stick in there

Good man Erimus, don't let the health facists get you downThumbs%20Up
Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peterIreland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2010 at 8:34am

just stay away from anyone you know that smokes for the first few days and avoid alcohol its the only way!!!

That's the biggest prob for me, me gf, dad, bro, sis and best mate smoke plus most people in college, gonna be impossible to avoid em!!
See me and gav gave up at the same time so that was easier. All my mates smoke like troopers so I had to avoid them for about a week or two. Do you want to give up really?
Babysis View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Babysis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2010 at 8:35am

Stick with it Bigpodge, at least you are giving quitting a try Clap
First Commander-Galway Regatta
BigPodge View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
I'm the Gaffer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigPodge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2010 at 8:36am
Originally posted by The Count The Count wrote:

I would wait for the book to come before stopping! no harm getting a head start though podgeThumbs%20Up

I'm thinkin of havin a few smokes tonight if i'm havin a few cans, i'd say the temptation will be too much!!

I'd love to quit the stinkin yokes but still be able to enjoy a few when havin a few drinks/ or on away games/holidays and stay off em the rest of the time!!
BigPodge View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
I'm the Gaffer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigPodge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2010 at 8:36am

Do you want to give up really?

Yes!!
erimus View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote erimus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2010 at 8:39am
BigPodge = The Big Quitter
This is our f**king country we're talking about - Keano

ROLL ON 2016
BigPodge View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
I'm the Gaffer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigPodge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2010 at 8:41am
Originally posted by erimus erimus wrote:

BigPodge = The Big Quitter

Don't tempt me back to the darkside!!
Max Power View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
A.K.A. Mod Powers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Max Power Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2010 at 8:49am
I have managed to be able to only smoke when having a few drinks which is grand. Originally was gonna give them up altogether but if you can manage to only smoke when having a few drinks at the weekend then I reckon it alright Thumbs%20Up
Co-Founder of The Paul McShane Fan Club, Portmarnock Branch
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 15>
  Share Topic