You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Smart watch

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
I'm the Gaffer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigPodge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Smart watch
    Posted: 05 Mar 2021 at 11:22am
Anyone recommend a decent smart watch - budget around €300?

I have a Samsung phone so thinking of maybe a Samsung Galaxy watch, either that or a Garmin.

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2021 at 11:24am
University Challenge.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2021 at 11:29am
Originally posted by BigPodge BigPodge wrote:

I have a Samsung phone so thinking of maybe a Samsung Galaxy watch, either that or a Garmin.

I have a garmin forerunner. It's grand, does the job and battery great but it's a bit dated looked and sounds like a tamagochi. Use it for the bike.

Have a nice smart watch for work - a Skagen. Looks great but battery is sh*te (you'd get a day from it).  

A lad in work showed me one he bought on amazon for 50 bucks and i went ahead and ordered one myself yesterday. Seems a bargain. 

I had a model of theirs that was a fitbit type yoke (lost it) and it was brilliant for 25 quid so i can guarantee their work Big smile

This is the link (ps... i've seen it and it looks great)

I wouldnt be splashing 300 on a smart watch considering how quickly they go obsolete. 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2021 at 11:48am
Jesus 300 quid, it would want to screen me for cancer for that price. 
AKA pedantic kunt
cullenswood View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cullenswood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2021 at 11:53am
Got this one ( Garmin 645M ) recently.    

Has all the usual smart notifications along with Garmin Pay and you can listen to Spotify playlists and podcasts from it.

Battery life is decent, I get a week out of it, and that includes using the GPS for three or four runs.

Not too big, so is tidy enough on the wrist...
theheff1989 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
My name badge won a prize

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theheff1989 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2021 at 11:57am
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

But you're not paying the 300 quid so calm down.
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2021 at 12:11pm
I had the Samsung smartwatch but found it to be quite glitchy. I had an Android phone at the time that wasn't Samsung which was probably the main reason for the issues I was having

Moved to Apple last year and got the iPhone and Apple Watch 5 and it's fantastic. No syncing issues at all and the GPS etc is very reliable for running.

Apple stuff is pricey but far superior in quality and reliability to any Android devices I've had (and I've had many!)
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2021 at 12:20pm
Originally posted by theheff1989 theheff1989 wrote:

Confused
LOL

Calm down ? I just made a comment, did you think I was thumping  the keyboard or something LOL

Edited by Baldrick - 05 Mar 2021 at 12:21pm
AKA pedantic kunt
BigPodge View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
I'm the Gaffer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigPodge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2021 at 12:23pm

I wouldn't pay €300 on a smart watch either Big smile  

Work offers a €300 fitness benefit each year and found out today that it includes smart watches Thumbs Up
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2021 at 12:25pm

Originally posted by theheff1989 theheff1989 wrote:

Confused
LOL

Calm down ? I just made a comment, did you think I was thumping  the keyboard or something LOL

LOL

YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

BigPodge View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
I'm the Gaffer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigPodge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2021 at 12:26pm
Thanks all for the recommendations, will have a think about it Thumbs Up
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2021 at 12:26pm

I wouldn't pay €300 on a smart watch either Big smile  

Work offers a €300 fitness benefit each year and found out today that it includes smart watches Thumbs Up

Calm down Podge LOLLOL
AKA pedantic kunt
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2021 at 12:38pm

I've the garmin forerunner for exercise but it's too big for wearing all the time. The missus has the apple watch which looks great, I don't like having notifications popping up all day long, so stick to a regular watch for myself
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2021 at 1:23pm
I have the Garmin Vivoactive 3. Does everything I need it to do and battery is excellent so can't fault it.
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2021 at 2:26pm
I got the Samsung active 2 for Christmas. Does everything a smart watch needs to do
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2021 at 2:39pm
I have the garmin forerunner as well. Get about 8 or 9 days out of the battery... Around 6 to 7 the weeks I do 3 or 4 runs which is excellent seeing as I bought it 4 years ago.

@shedite...the notifications can be turned off. 
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2021 at 3:02pm
theheff1989 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
My name badge won a prize

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theheff1989 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2021 at 5:02pm
Have the Apple Watch myself. Heavily discounted it was. Battery life is poor. Only use it now running. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic