You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

"Smaller" away trips

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daboi89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2014 at 1:39am
Faroes and Georgia and Sweden were 3 unreal trips. Faroes because of the location, Sweden as it was -20 and Georgia because its Georgia and cheap . I think Scotland could be good as its early on in the group this year and expectations will be high.

if i am being honest i taught Germany last year in cologne was f**king sh*te. place had nutin going for it,,. Hostel was dear. all stuck around the one Bar (Corkonian) with inflated prices for drinks in a plactic slop glass, trains were 70 f**kin euro one way from d airport and wer were thumped in a meaningless game anyway

Georgia will be hard bet in any campaign

Edited by daboi89 - 13 Sep 2014 at 1:40am
Sponsored Links

Max Power View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
A.K.A. Mod Powers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Max Power Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2014 at 3:28am
Poland was a savage trip lads, football was sh*te obviously but to be at a major tournament and soak up the atmosphere of being at one is something I will never forget. Jaysus results don't entirely make a trip at all. Some lads on here you'd swear they only go for the result, would ye f**k off LOL Monty was the best trip I've ever been on and we got a 0-0 draw. The only time I've been away and the result ruined thr trip was France.
Co-Founder of The Paul McShane Fan Club, Portmarnock Branch
Max Power View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
A.K.A. Mod Powers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Max Power Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2014 at 3:34am
Originally posted by Kerrzy Kerrzy wrote:

Originally posted by Sono Sono wrote:

Originally posted by Citizen Citizen wrote:

Originally posted by Gaz Gaz wrote:

Only part I really enjoyed in Poland was the days in Torun. Didn't like Poznan or Gdansk at all really tbh
i'd agree there gaz, too many messy knuts around

You must have bumped into Kerrzy as well then....

I was only in Poznan for 2 days around the Italian match and didnt stay in GdanskBig smile

But yes I dont think Poland was a great trip for a number of factors, especially the football and the fact I didnt stay in the host cities.

Cant wait for the next 2 trips even though the best is probably out of the way because it would be the best night for Irish football in 12 years if we got a result in Germany and possibly the same if we won in Glasgow.
I've a good feeling about Scotland away, both atmosphere and results wise. It's gonna be one of the best since myself and yourself got on board. Met a few Celtic season ticket holders in Portugal in the summer and they said that season ticket holders were offered tickets for our game, majority of them are Irish fans obviously and that theres a huge amount taking them. There will be a huge support for us that night , the majority being Celtic/Irish.

Edited by Max Power - 13 Sep 2014 at 3:38am
Co-Founder of The Paul McShane Fan Club, Portmarnock Branch
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2014 at 5:47am
Macedonia was quality alright. Lovely people
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2014 at 8:34am
San Marino/Rimini was also an excellent trip. It was my first away trip and I definitely got the bug . Bari had a small trip feel to it despite larger numbers, also the positive vibe around the team at the time made the atmosphere even more electric
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2014 at 8:57am
San Marino was class alright,
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2014 at 9:07am
Originally posted by Max Power Max Power wrote:

Poland was a savage trip lads, football was sh*te obviously but to be at a major tournament and soak up the atmosphere of being at one is something I will never forget. Jaysus results don't entirely make a trip at all. Some lads on here you'd swear they only go for the result, would ye f**k off LOL Monty was the best trip I've ever been on and we got a 0-0 draw. The only time I've been away and the result ruined thr trip was France.

I know what you mean max but found Poland difficult as it was 3 hammerings one after the other in quick succession

After the Spain game I just wanted to go home
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2014 at 10:42am
Macedonia was quality.
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic