Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

"Smaller" away trips

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Santa Slayer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote El_nino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2014 at 1:35pm
Georgia was one've the best i've been up.  Macedonia still the best for me though.  Although i was in Kazakhstan too i thought the place was just odd and didn't really enjoy myself as much as i normally would on the smaller trips

Always a great trip when you come away with 3 points in the bag.

Sponsored Links

sledgehammer View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sledgehammer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2014 at 1:57pm
Originally posted by irish_goat irish_goat wrote:

Hulk Hogan on top of the ticket portacabin at Andorra. LOL

He d go mental of he heard you say that. That was the Macho man
Up there for thinking. Down there for dancing
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2014 at 3:10pm
Do agree in general about the smaller trips : Andorra was a favourite of mine also. But some of the so-called bigger ones can be good also. Bari was a great trip I thought.
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2014 at 3:23pm
Montenegro in 2008 still my favorite away trip closely followed by Bulgaria in 2009. Under 2,000 Irish at both games, 2 solid results and fantastic trips all round Thumbs Up
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2014 at 3:40pm

Edited by Citizen - 12 Sep 2014 at 3:40pm
My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2014 at 3:52pm
Originally posted by Citizen Citizen wrote:

Yep that says it all really Big smile
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Max Power View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
A.K.A. Mod Powers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Max Power Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2014 at 4:08pm
Originally posted by Gaz Gaz wrote:

Montenegro in 2008 still my favorite away trip closely followed by Bulgaria in 2009. Under 2,000 Irish at both games, 2 solid results and fantastic trips all round Thumbs Up

Yeah Montengro go down as my favourite as well. I'd agree with the thread though alright...Monty/Armenia/Macedonia probably my 3 favourites. Poland at the Euro's being the obvious bigger one to stand out.
Co-Founder of The Paul McShane Fan Club, Portmarnock Branch
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2014 at 4:11pm
Only part I really enjoyed in Poland was the days in Torun. Didn't like Poznan or Gdansk at all really tbh
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
Max Power View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
A.K.A. Mod Powers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Max Power Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2014 at 4:18pm
We stayed in Sopot for the Gdansk part of the trip and it was incredible, they'd a deadly beach and all with cocktail bars and that....very Montenegro-esque for those couple of days!
Just saying like View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The truth is out there

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Just saying like Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2014 at 4:20pm
I really enjoyed Moscow in both 2002 and 2011 but 2011 was definitely better because of the performance, the result and probably the fact that the numbers travelling were much less.  Generally the trips with fewer supporters do seem to be better craic although Tallinn was special because we were confident going there and the team didn't disappoint.. 
Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2014 at 4:21pm

Only part I really enjoyed in Poland was the days in Torun. Didn't like Poznan or Gdansk at all really tbh
i'd agree there gaz, too many messy knuts around
My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)
Max Power View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
A.K.A. Mod Powers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Max Power Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2014 at 4:27pm
Originally posted by Just saying like Just saying like wrote:

I really enjoyed Moscow in both 2002 and 2011 but 2011 was definitely better because of the performance, the result and probably the fact that the numbers travelling were much less.  Generally the trips with fewer supporters do seem to be better craic although Tallinn was special because we were confident going there and the team didn't disappoint.. 

Forgot about that. The celebrations in the staduim that night was the best I'll ever see until we get a result at a major tournament.
daithi View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2014 at 4:52pm
Originally posted by Just saying like Just saying like wrote:

Would agree with this   Herr JSL Wink
Just because it's tradition does not make it right
Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2014 at 5:06pm

You must have bumped into Kerrzy as well then....

nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2014 at 6:48pm
Not sure Serbia will ever be beaten, Georgia and Faroes top notch trips, smaller trips do tend to be better alright
Whelo79 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whelo79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2014 at 6:59pm
I only get one away trip every campaign and I really prefer the smaller trips. Last 3 have been Slovakia/Sweden/Georgia. Georgia being the best so far. I was nearly going to give Georgia a miss because I thought it was too awkward and expensive to get to but so glad I plumped for it in the end. Wouldn't have much interest in Scotland, Germany and Gibraltar/Portugal.
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2014 at 9:51pm
Serbia, Georgia, Macedonia and Faroes have been best for me...Each one could have taken the title for different reasons. Will definitely be the best in this campaign unless we do the biz in Warsaw to qualify!
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2014 at 1:32am
Originally posted by Sono Sono wrote:

You must have bumped into Kerrzy as well then....

I was only in Poznan for 2 days around the Italian match and didnt stay in GdanskBig smile

But yes I dont think Poland was a great trip for a number of factors, especially the football and the fact I didnt stay in the host cities.

Cant wait for the next 2 trips even though the best is probably out of the way because it would be the best night for Irish football in 12 years if we got a result in Germany and possibly the same if we won in Glasgow.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic