Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

"Smaller" away trips

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: "Smaller" away trips
    Posted: 12 Sep 2014 at 8:53am
A couple of things I enjoy about the trips which have less Irish fans .

1 on the one road gets sung
2 we tend to all congregate in the same bar and you get to meet everyone.
3 there tends to be way more interaction with the locals, on the big trips you need to break away to do this.
4 the mad stories get around quicker lads dead for 4 minutes , crazy taxi drivers, delaneys new missus
5 normally get to meet the players
6 the singing is more uniform but also more varied.

Have to say that the rendition of the rock n roll kids in the first half was top class, could it be heard on TV?
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
Sponsored Links

erimus View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote erimus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2014 at 9:01am
couldnt hear a thing on the tv
This is our f**king country we're talking about - Keano

ROLL ON 2016
londonirish View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote londonirish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2014 at 9:02am
agreed. My favourite still remains the Faroes away (circa. 05/06). The nightclub that night was unreal. About 200 Irish fans and the squad getting on it with Duffer and Keano up on stage singing songs... I recall trying to hitch a lift home at around 3am (broad daylight out there) and a car load of birds (and two unnamed Irish players squeezed in the back) drove past me. Needless to say I wasn't asked to join the party. What would there wives think... tut tut
theheff1989 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
My name badge won a prize

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theheff1989 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2014 at 9:08am
I enjoyed out of last years away trips was Vienna and Poland for the friendly in November both small crowds but thought it was great criac.
Salzburglilly View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2014 at 10:09am
Belgrade Thumbs Up The Police convoy,robocop protection at the stadium and the beer festival until 5am Beer
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!
irish_goat View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_goat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2014 at 10:16am
Hulk Hogan on top of the ticket portacabin at Andorra. LOL

Edited by irish_goat - 12 Sep 2014 at 10:16am
PanteirA View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PanteirA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2014 at 10:17am
Who died and rose from the dead again in Tbilisi? Thats true dedication to rise up for the boys in green
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2014 at 10:20am
Also they are against the weaker teams in more places so we usually have a result to walk away with. Must say the last minute goal and the celebrations well into the morning made a good trip a great trip.

Georgia definitely up their with the best trips I've been on if not the best.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2014 at 10:41am
Originally posted by irish_goat irish_goat wrote:

Hulk Hogan on top of the ticket portacabin at Andorra. LOL

That was "Patcho" man Randy Savage!

Macedonia, Georgia and Faroes were all brilliant trips, definitely my top 3 in no particular order. Also the day trip up to Andorra was brilliant too
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2014 at 10:42am
Originally posted by Kerrzy Kerrzy wrote:

Not for everyone that had to listen to your moaning !!!
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2014 at 10:46am
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

Originally posted by Kerrzy Kerrzy wrote:

Not for everyone that had to listen to your moaning !!!

I save my moaning for this siteWink - the majority anyway

Edited by Kerrzy - 12 Sep 2014 at 10:46am
ShayGivensBum View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

The lighter coloured grass is painted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShayGivensBum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2014 at 10:49am
Armenia, Macedonia and Georgia for me Clap 

Faroe's was great too. 
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2014 at 11:02am
Have to agree really enjoyed Cardiff and Poznan last year
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2014 at 11:07am
cracking trip, my fav one so far next to Macedonia. great country, really hope we get them again. 
My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)
The Saint View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Saint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2014 at 11:43am
Yeah my 2 favourite trips have been Georgia and Armenia. Macedonia was fantastic too
Only problem with the smaller trips is they are so far away and it's horrific getting 3 flights home. Went on Abbey charter for Macedonia which was brilliant.
Wasn't talking to anyone who did this trip with them (€1,300 Dead) the 747 lad was standing in front of us at the game
FAIlure

Good shot, lovely ............ oh good jaysus
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2014 at 12:40pm
Yes always like the smaller trips and trips to the sun at this time of year work out so well .

Have to say Armenia still one of the best ever for so many reasons .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
MJD View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote MJD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2014 at 12:56pm
Originally posted by Salzburglilly Salzburglilly wrote:

Belgrade Thumbs Up The Police convoy,robocop protection at the stadium and the beer festival until 5am Beer

Don't forget the undercover police protection for us at the beer festival!! Cool
17 International Caps
16 International Goals
COYFIG
GreenArmy! View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreenArmy! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2014 at 1:29pm
Georgia was easily the best trip ive been on yet.
Had heard all the Armenia, Macedonia, Kazakstan, etc. stories before so was dying for Georgia and it did not disappoint.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic