You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Slovakia Write Off Top Trumps

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote conor253 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2020 at 5:49pm
I applied for my refund on 12th April, the same day I received the email to request the refund. 
Sponsored Links

Colum View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2020 at 7:08pm
Thanks lads. Some difference in waiting times there.
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2020 at 7:59pm
Lufthansa sorted everything more or less instantly, just have until end of August to rebook.

Nothing from Ryanair yet, applied 4 weeks ago and just got emails saying it's in the queue so far 
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2020 at 10:56pm
Originally posted by wanderer wanderer wrote:

Lufthansa sorted everything more or less instantly, just have until end of August to rebook.

Nothing from Ryanair yet, applied 4 weeks ago and just got emails saying it's in the queue so far 
Yeah got sorted via Ryanair chat about 4 weeks ago but no refunds in my account yet.
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
brianie View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brianie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2020 at 10:58pm
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

Originally posted by wanderer wanderer wrote:

Yeah got sorted via Ryanair chat about 4 weeks ago but no refunds in my account yet.
28 to 60 days, no money but have the refund confirmation emails, should be okay
ITS KEANE YES

YBIG You Can Please some of the People Some of the Time But Not All of The People All of The Time
mouldymould View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mouldymould Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2020 at 6:46pm
Applied for refund with Ryanair and got an email with a voucher code and seemingly have to apply for a refund again.
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2020 at 8:13pm
Originally posted by mouldymould mouldymould wrote:

Applied for refund with Ryanair and got an email with a voucher code and seemingly have to apply for a refund again.

Just after getting the same myself
cardwizzard View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cardwizzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2020 at 8:43pm
Got an email also, there acting the maggots. 
Greenlad11 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenlad11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2020 at 8:55pm
Originally posted by mouldymould mouldymould wrote:

Unless you paid a lot for the flights it’s not really worth the refund. 
It won’t be processed until the virus disappears

Valid for 1 year 

ProudAndLoud View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProudAndLoud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2020 at 8:53pm
belt View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
Fantasy Football Champion 17/18

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote belt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2020 at 11:57pm
Got my cash refund from Wizzair for the cancelled Sarajevo to Budapest flight. €20.98.back to me

Ryanair the con artists trying to give a voucher for the Budapest to Dublin flight which was also cancelled. Voucher is in HUF too...would prefer the €40 cash but dont have the energy to fight with them

Still waiting on a voucher from Aer Lingus for the Vienna flights, they were never actually cancelled but voucher was best I could hope for
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2020 at 9:01am
Originally posted by belt belt wrote:

Got my cash refund from Wizzair for the cancelled Sarajevo to Budapest flight. €20.98.back to me

Ryanair the con artists trying to give a voucher for the Budapest to Dublin flight which was also cancelled. Voucher is in HUF too...would prefer the €40 cash but dont have the energy to fight with them

Still waiting on a voucher from Aer Lingus for the Vienna flights, they were never actually cancelled but voucher was best I could hope for

I got the Aer lingus voucher for Vienna on Tuesday

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
tapfit2004 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tapfit2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2020 at 10:29am
Originally posted by Shoco Shoco wrote:

Originally posted by belt belt wrote:

I got the Aer lingus voucher for Vienna on Tuesday

I got an aer lingus voucher on Monday for my flight from Dublin to dusseldorf, lasts until 2025 and they gave me 10% extra. I thought it was the best offer of any of the airlines because my flight wasn't cancelled so they were within their rights to offer me nothing.

Eurowings from dusseldorf to Vienna offered nothing even after cancelling the flight and putting me on one 6 hours later and klm offered vouchers for my flights back via Amsterdam after they cancelled one the flights meaning they couldn't get us home without an overnight. Their vouchers only lasted a year and if you didn't use them you could apply for a cash refund then. 

I contacted the credit card company and raised a dispute over the eurowings and klm flights and the person in customer services said that there were hundreds of people calling doing the same thing. 
Let Christy Take It.
Darraghn92 View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darraghn92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2020 at 5:25pm
I'm still waiting on Aer Lingus vouchers, I take it they send them by email? I checked my AL accouunt but nothing yet. Also got an email from Wizz Air about a cancelled flight refund going through but said it could take 60 days..
mouldymould View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mouldymould Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2020 at 5:38pm
Another email from Ryanair saying that the cash refund will only be given after vouchers expire - in 12 months. 
ProudAndLoud View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProudAndLoud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2020 at 12:01am
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2020 at 9:05am
Originally posted by ProudAndLoud ProudAndLoud wrote:

https://www.thejournal.ie/ireland-letter-eu-countries-airlines-vouchers-5087684-Apr2020/

Can understand it and while for plenty its not a major issue as they will use the vouchers or the amount isn't that much , those with multiple flights it can add up . If my august flights are cancelled I am problably looking at 750 quid 'in vouchers' but as indicated I would be confident I can use them for work or personal flights  
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
E2016 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E2016 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2020 at 1:58pm
Selling out the consumer for the airlines. It shouldn't be the customers responsibility to bailout the airlines.

No telling when flights will start up again. No telling where we will be able to fly to as countries might have differing border controls. No telling how much flights are going to be, maybe the voucher will be half the cost of an identical flight.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>
  Share Topic