You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Slovakia Write Off Top Trumps

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jasonic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2020 at 10:09pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

So just got my money back from a BA  flight( well Mrs Claret did ) so all i have left outstanding is Gatwick to Knock with Air Lingus . 
Just waiting for those wonderful people for AL to get in touch seeing as Knock is locked down Thumbs Up

Which flight? Only offering vouchers to my mate, even though flight is cancelled
Sponsored Links

brianie View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brianie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2020 at 10:19pm
Budapest to sarajevo next sunday morning, wizzair, never again, anyone get an email?
ITS KEANE YES

YBIG You Can Please some of the People Some of the Time But Not All of The People All of The Time
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2020 at 10:28pm
Originally posted by brianie brianie wrote:

Budapest to sarajevo next sunday morning, wizzair, never again, anyone get an email?
Nope, Sunday and Returning Wednesday €30rtn

Edited by kevincronin2000 - 24 Mar 2020 at 10:31pm
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
ProudAndLoud View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProudAndLoud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2020 at 10:31pm
Nope to Wizzair either but still a bit of time for cancellation ??
brianie View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brianie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2020 at 10:31pm
Thanks Kev, hope all well with you and familyClap
ITS KEANE YES

YBIG You Can Please some of the People Some of the Time But Not All of The People All of The Time
brianie View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brianie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2020 at 10:34pm
We were flying Budapest to Eindhven, then Dublin, got refunds from Ryanair, wizz the only one not yet
ITS KEANE YES

GreenArmy! View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreenArmy! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 12:44am
Had the whole lot booked for Slovakia, Bosnia and a route home for Belfast if that was the case but should get a decent amount back.
All accommodation was free cancellation.
Looking back at my itineraries it seems all but one of my flights cost €22 a pop strangely enough.

Dublin to Amsterdam €22- *Question about this, read below.
Amsterdam to Vienna €22- Cancelled and refund applied for
Bus from Vienna to Bratislava €1- Wont lose any sleep over it

In the event we played the North...
Budapest to Manchester €27- Cancelled and refund applied for
Manchester to Dublin €22- Cancelled and refund applied for

In the event that we played Bosnia...
Budapest to Sarajevo €22 
Sarajevo to Budapest €22 
Booked these flights fairly late and imagine I got them for this cheap because of the virus and now in the same boat as other hoping they'll be cancelled.

*Hopefully someone can shed some light on what the situation is with my Dublin to Amsterdam flight.
The flight had been pushed back 12 hours and I never accepted the change, this flight was yesterday and obviously never showed up am I due a refund?

Edited by GreenArmy! - 25 Mar 2020 at 12:46am
wicklowrunner View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wicklowrunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 8:51am
Originally posted by GreenArmy! GreenArmy! wrote:

Had the whole lot booked for Slovakia, Bosnia and a route home for Belfast if that was the case but should get a decent amount back.
Looking back at my itineraries it seems all but one of my flights cost €22 a pop strangely enough.

Budapest to Sarajevo €22 
Sarajevo to Budapest €22 
Booked these flights fairly late and imagine I got them for this cheap because of the virus and now in the same boat as other hoping they'll be cancelled.

*Hopefully someone can shed some light on what the situation is with my Dublin to Amsterdam flight.
The flight had been pushed back 12 hours and I never accepted the change, this flight was yesterday and obviously never showed up am I due a refund?

I would go down the credit card route if you paid that way.
My flight was cancelled by Austrian Airlines on 5 March (only discovered this last night). I didn't receive any confirmation of the cancellation. They are saying nothing can be done for another 2 months.
I contacted credit card company this morning. They will begin processing my claim and issuing a dispute with the airline on Friday (24 hours after flight) to refund my payment.
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 9:16am
Originally posted by wicklowrunner wicklowrunner wrote:

Originally posted by GreenArmy! GreenArmy! wrote:

Budapest to Sarajevo €22 
Sarajevo to Budapest €22 

I would go down the credit card route if you paid that way.
My flight was cancelled by Austrian Airlines on 5 March (only discovered this last night). I didn't receive any confirmation of the cancellation. They are saying nothing can be done for another 2 months.
I contacted credit card company this morning. They will begin processing my claim and issuing a dispute with the airline on Friday (24 hours after flight) to refund my payment.
Austrian were actually rebooking people onto Lufthansa I think given they're the same company.

If it's the same as Lufthansa they're giving the cost of the flight to be used again and book by 31st August  to anywhere on the network to end of 2020
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 10:14am
Originally posted by Jasonic Jasonic wrote:

So just got my money back from a BA  flight( well Mrs Claret did ) so all i have left outstanding is Gatwick to Knock with Air Lingus . 
Just waiting for those wonderful people for AL to get in touch seeing as Knock is locked down Thumbs Up

Which flight? Only offering vouchers to my mate, even though flight is cancelled
Dubrovnik to Gatwick .
It seems everyone get the same message "click for refund / voucher " then it takes you straight to voucher . Now Mrs Claret is the IT expert at home looked on net and found a way around it .
 It can be done Thumbs Up
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2020 at 12:39pm
Boom , full house as all refunds are in so six flights and two different hostels not lost a penny or a cent which ever way you look at it .
Lostandfound View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lostandfound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2020 at 2:31pm
Lufthansa have a nice little online scam going at the moment. 

Clicking 'Refund' is not what it seems, it leads to you cancelling your own flight(s) (which obviously is/are not the flight or flights you originally booked). 

German efficiency at its best. 
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2020 at 2:35pm
Originally posted by Lostandfound Lostandfound wrote:

Lufthansa have a nice little online scam going at the moment. 

Clicking 'Refund' is not what it seems, it leads to you cancelling your own flight(s) (which obviously is/are not the flight or flights you originally booked). 

German efficiency at its best. 

You dont need to cancel them though. I'd been in touch with them and they said even if you dont use the flight, the value of what you paid plus €50 extra is being put towards your next flight, just contact them by end of august to rebook to anywhere on their network. So its travel credit plus an additional €50.

Not bad seeing as playoff is down for September now 
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2020 at 3:35pm

Boom , full house as all refunds are in so six flights and two different hostels not lost a penny or a cent which ever way you look at it .

Did you get your Aer lingus refund? Was that the flight to Vienna?

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2020 at 7:06pm
Originally posted by Shoco Shoco wrote:

Did you get your Aer lingus refund? Was that the flight to Vienna?
 No Gatwick to Knock . 
I was due to fly tomorrow anyway AL had never got in touch about the flight so Mrs Claret got on the phone to them today . They said the Gatwick flight is cancelled , now we knew that as Knock has been locked down , " but we can give you 3 options .
 1/ We can get you on the Heathrow to Shannon flight but you will have to pay more for that one .
2/ We can give you vouchers plus 10%
3/ Mrs Claret cut in " i will just take the refund please " they put her on hold for a couple of minutes then said they would pay the full refund .
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2020 at 9:05pm
ah ok

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
Greenlad11 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenlad11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2020 at 10:15pm
still waiting on 2 Ryanair flights but they emailed me to say there’s a back log
Jasonic View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jasonic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2020 at 10:51pm
had one ryanair flight where i just couldn't get the application through for the refund via the app or the website, and now cos the date of the flight has passed, the details have disappeared from my profile
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>
  Share Topic