You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Slovakia Write Off Top Trumps

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lostandfound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Slovakia Write Off Top Trumps
    Posted: 11 Mar 2020 at 12:25pm
Flights:  €129.69
Transfers:  €20.67
Accommodation:  €122.76

Total:  €273.12

Thankfully the playoff wasn't in Switzerland. 

How much did you lose? 

Sponsored Links

Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2020 at 1:03pm
Originally posted by Lostandfound Lostandfound wrote:

Flights:  €129.69
Transfers:  €20.67
Accommodation:  €122.76

Total:  €273.12

Thankfully the playoff wasn't in Switzerland. 

How much did you lose? 

about  € 120 + 31 on a new flight - not the worst and with a bit of luck the airlines may cancel because of scheduling/health issues and I will get most of the 120  back

always go free cancellation with accommodation  its a no brainer

Edited by Newryrep - 11 Mar 2020 at 1:07pm
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2020 at 1:15pm
Do remember if you can't cancel your flights, you can claim the tax back if you don't use the flights. 
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2020 at 1:18pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Do remember if you can't cancel your flights, you can claim the tax back if you don't use the flights. 

How would you go about that?

I'm waiting to see if mine cancel or change the flights and then I'll get a full refund. If not then going to change them to suit another match
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2020 at 1:19pm

I never knew this - 

Good tip. Clap

BohsinMunich View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BohsinMunich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2020 at 1:20pm
Minus an admin fee. So you might actually get nothing back (from experience with Ryanair)
Lostandfound View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lostandfound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2020 at 1:25pm
Have been stung by that Ryanair trick before.  Have been refunded tax and charges from others with no fee payable.  Flights have to be cancelled first, not good enough to just not show up. 
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2020 at 1:25pm

Easyjet plus I might get APD back but as BiM staes the admin cost for Ryanair wipe out the tax.

Will leave it to the last minute in the hope they cancel themselves
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
mouldymould View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mouldymould Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2020 at 1:36pm

Have been stung by that Ryanair trick before.  Have been refunded tax and charges from others with no fee payable.  Flights have to be cancelled first, not good enough to just not show up. 

Not possible to cancel flights with Ryanair but you can still apply for tax refund if flights are unused.
Pauldaly1984 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauldaly1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2020 at 1:47pm
€58 on flights.
Free cancellation on hotel

Not too bad
ripbomb View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ripbomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2020 at 1:56pm
Originally posted by mouldymould mouldymould wrote:

Not possible to cancel flights with Ryanair but you can still apply for tax refund if flights are unused.
How do you prove they weren't used?
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2020 at 1:59pm
had a look at my Ryanair itinary and no taxes listed..
Jock View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2020 at 2:11pm
Originally posted by ripbomb ripbomb wrote:

Originally posted by mouldymould mouldymould wrote:

How do you prove they weren't used?

If you dont check in or scan your pass through security. 
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2020 at 2:13pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

had a look at my Ryanair itinary and no taxes listed..

Nope they never list them anymore.
there's a fee to claim the tax back but you never know how much tax you paid!

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2020 at 2:15pm
Wizzair changed the schedule for the Budapest to Sarajevo flights and like an eejit I logged on and accepted the changed schedule.

If anyone else is on those flights and hasn't accepted the schedule change, don't do it. You should be entitled to a full refund.

I'm out about €220 total:
Dublin to Prague €40
Prague to Bratislava €13
Budapest to Sarajevo return €40
Budapest to Dublin (Sunday) €73
Budapest to Dublin (Wednesday) €52

Accommodation is all free cancellation but I'll hold off on that for a bit yet til we see what the deal is with Bosnia. I might get some of the taxes and charges back but I'm not holding my breath.
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2020 at 2:33pm
I'm out about €172 
Dublin to Bratislava €25
Budapest to Sarajevo return €55
Vienna to Dublin (Saturday) €40
Budapest to Dublin (Wednesday) €52
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2020 at 4:02pm
€356 in return flights to Bratislava and return Dublin to Tuzla.

Can cancel Dublin Airport Car Park for free. Refund email received.

Edited by Sham157 - 11 Mar 2020 at 4:54pm
OnTheOneRoad View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2020 at 4:10pm
State of emergency declared in Hungary. Still two weeks to go, anyone booked on ryanair flights to Budapest might get a bit of money out of it yet.
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
  Share Topic