You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Slovakia vs Ireland thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 38>
Author
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shamrockrovers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2010 at 2:40pm
anybody know what time kick off is and is it feasible to get back to vienna from wherever the match is played in slovakia
regardsClap
Sponsored Links

Johnnybhoy View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnnybhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2010 at 2:43pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

i dont want to book my flights til i know where the game is.  Would i get screwed if they change the venue  and i had  booked flights to bratislava?

Wouldnt imagine itd be too difficult gettin from one to the other if its not in bratislava,thats why I reckon ill do krakow, very close to zilna like 2/3 hours and if it is in bratislava then not a major pain either
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2010 at 2:48pm
if i wait a few weeks to book the flights will the price go up much?
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
morrissey87 View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morrissey87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2010 at 3:39pm
Lads do ye know that the game wont be played in Bratislava because they are in the process of knocking it down according to wikipedia.

"In July 2009 Slovak government decided to support the construction of new stadium. The demolition works are planned for March - April 2010 and the new stadium should be opened in May 2012."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tehelné_pole
jamo1 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamo1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2010 at 3:49pm
Was in Krakow last week for Paddys day. Great Spot and the drink is dirt cheap 1.89euro! Would deffo do it again if the match is near to the Polish border!
Del Boy: You do know what a pyscopath is dont you Grandad

Grandad: Of course i know what a Pyscopath is, its a fella who dresses up in womens clothes.

deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2010 at 3:49pm
Bratislava prices gone mental, seem to be rising by the minute.  Meself, Deisedevil, Durka and Liam KK booked in and out of Krakow, Sun 10th to Fri 15th, spend a couple of days in Krakow after the game. Prob hire a car to get to match venue, wherever that may be.
Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2010 at 3:54pm
Geat stuff, myself and Saint Tom are in the boot Deise. :)
AKA pedantic kunt
Sligo Hornet View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Runner Up, Branson lookalike 2003

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sligo Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2010 at 3:57pm
Originally posted by NeilMcD NeilMcD wrote:

Good.......hope they throw away the key!Wink
Wallet ?? What the fcuk is that ?
soccerc View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soccerc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2010 at 3:59pm
Originally posted by Sligo Hornet Sligo Hornet wrote:

Can you imagine it when Tom lets one go, instant gas poisonong
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2010 at 4:06pm
Originally posted by soccerc soccerc wrote:

Originally posted by Sligo Hornet Sligo Hornet wrote:

Can you imagine it when Tom lets one go, instant gas poisonong

Tis probably not the most sensitive subject of conversation in Krakow........
Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2010 at 4:06pm
Are either of you lads going this way or whats your plans. 
AKA pedantic kunt
jamo1 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamo1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2010 at 4:07pm
Didnt make Bratislava the last time but is really that bad?

Grandad: Of course i know what a Pyscopath is, its a fella who dresses up in womens clothes.

deisedevil View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deisedevil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2010 at 4:08pm

Yes i have a mini van arranged mintys driving

Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2010 at 4:08pm
Put it this way .Jamo, Krackow kicks it ass for friendly ness and for decent pubs etc.   Krackow is the dogs.  
AKA pedantic kunt
jamo1 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamo1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2010 at 4:20pm
Sorry for using Wikipedia but this is the only stadium in Slovakia that hosts International matches other than the national stadium.

Štadión Pod Dubňom is an all-seater football stadium situated in Žilina, Slovakia, which has been the home of MŠK Žilina. It is named after the hill Dubeň adjacent to which is located and literally means "Stadium under the Duben Hill".

The original stadium was built in 1941 although the ground had been in use since club's foundation in 1909 . As of 2002, predominantly due to UEFA requirements, the club proposed an extensive renovation of the stadium, which has since been in constant process of redevelopment.

Current stadium consists of four separate stands and has recently been expanded (as of 2007), with major redevelopment on West Stand (new hospitality boxes, increased capacity, supporting pillars removed), including alterations on the North Stand (River Side - Kop) and South Stand (Railway Side - Away Supporters, Family Zone), as to extra tiers added all of which have been covered. Outward facing wall on North Stand is yet to be completed.

For the purpose of adequate security the stadium has been equipped with modern security installations as monitoring system. Intensity of floodlighting is 1,400 lux. There is also a large screen inside the ground for showing highlights of matchdays.

At the end of 2007-08 campaign the East Stand has been closed down as a further part of ongoing reconstruction. The stand was reopened prior to 2009-10 campaign and is nearing completion with some minor interior work to be finished. A current capacity is 11,181 seats with the prospect of future expansion to hold a crowd of up to 15,000 spectators.

Štadión pod Dubňom is also a venue to host international matches of Slovak national football team.

Edited by jamo1 - 25 Mar 2010 at 4:21pm

The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2010 at 4:24pm
I would say Vienna is best bet

A - it's closer to Zilina than Krakow
B - if match is in other stadium it's only an hour or two on train, whereas Krakow will be a huge trip

Vienna is a win win situationThumbs%20Up
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2010 at 4:26pm
AKA pedantic kunt
Barry View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2010 at 4:27pm
vienna for me krakow is a sh*thole
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 38>
  Share Topic