You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Slovakia v Ireland, Thursday, 08th October 2020
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Slovakia v Ireland, Thursday, 08th October 2020

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 139>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bham_McDermott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2019 at 2:16pm
Originally posted by fr larry duff fr larry duff wrote:

Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Unless people are leaving the game early, no-one is going to get that 10:34pm train. The game won't be on until 8:45pm local time. 

You'd have to think the Slovakian's would put on a special train for the away fans as they wouldn't want a load of away fans hanging around after the game with limited transport options back to Bratislava. The vast majority of those fans will be staying in Bratislava. 

if only our glorious leader was still around Cry
LOL
I don't agree with THAT, in the workplace!
Sponsored Links

Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2019 at 2:19pm

Unless people are leaving the game early, no-one is going to get that 10:34pm train. The game won't be on until 8:45pm local time. 

You'd have to think the Slovakian's would put on a special train for the away fans as they wouldn't want a load of away fans hanging around after the game with limited transport options back to Bratislava. The vast majority of those fans will be staying in Bratislava. 

Did someone say the magic words
Special Train
Slovakia
Away Fans 

DING - DING - DING - DING - DING 

We have a winner, please email john.delaney@fai.ie to claim your prize 
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Roberto_Carlow View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto_Carlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2019 at 2:22pm
Anyone who hasn't reserved a free cancellation hotel for the Wembley final should hang their heads in Shame
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2019 at 2:52pm
How will I get back to my hotel in Trnava ? Cool
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
GB 1HughJarse View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GB 1HughJarse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2019 at 2:56pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

Special Train
Slovakia
Away Fans 

Funny you should say that, but I just got a message from a Slovakian travel agent called Jan Delanac who says he can organise a train after the match, says he can get tickets as well!

PaddyDaCulchie View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaddyDaCulchie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2019 at 3:22pm
Originally posted by GB 1HughJarse GB 1HughJarse wrote:

Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

Special Train
Slovakia
Away Fans 

Funny you should say that, but I just got a message from a Slovakian travel agent called Jan Delanac who says he can organise a train after the match, says he can get tickets as well!

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2019 at 3:46pm
2019 Delaney retires
Talk of Ireland and special trains in Slovakia 

Coincidence? I think not 
Bag of cans? Maybe 
Hotel? Trnava
Skelly View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2019 at 9:03pm
The FAW arranged buses for fans travelling from Bratislava to Trnava in October. You would imagine the FAI will do something similar.
We all dream of a team of Gary Breens
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2019 at 9:11pm
Originally posted by Skelly Skelly wrote:

The FAW arranged buses for fans travelling from Bratislava to Trnava in October. You would imagine the FAI will do something similar.

Aye, imagine away LOLLOL

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
Skelly View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2019 at 9:26pm
Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

Aye, imagine away LOLLOL

Don’t know what I was thinking when I typed that second sentence 😂
We all dream of a team of Gary Breens
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2019 at 9:38pm

JD to come out of retirement with a fun train full of cans of Dutch Gold hopefully.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2019 at 9:55pm
Originally posted by gmfc90 gmfc90 wrote:

No one even knows where in Slovakia it'll be. Even UEFA have more or less said they may change the goal posts to get the host nations in. We could end up in Bucharest. If it is Slovakia it might not even be in Bratislava or Trnva. It's 4 months away. I was able to book the Denmark play off with less time on the cheap. People booked the flights as they were leaving the ground for christ sake.

Not solely directed at yerself, but the amount of utter uninformed nonsense that appeared on various threads in relation to the playoffs, whether that be format, potential opponents, possible dates of games and possible venues was shocking on here. Sections of the NL thread are a joke. Hadn't time to go through them all and delete. 

To start with, I think most would acknowledge it was a very confusing format/system/competiton, certainly in comparison to the last few playoffs. The NL thread, fellas like Yoco, Flaghunter, Superdave and meself to name just a few put in a little bit of time & effort into understanding the whole fcukin confusing mess, and generally were able to explain it, from identifying potential opponents a few months out, to likley positioning in playoff paths and all the rest that went with it. 

After any match day, loads would just post giving their opinion on what might happen, based on fcuk all. ''If we finish third in group, so we can't draw Wales in playoff'' type thing. Even today, there has been more than one post stating UEFA ''could move the playoff dates'' even though they confirmed the exact dates a few weeks ago. 

Apologies if it seems like I'm picking on the above post, but just to go through it; 

''Nobody knows where in Slovakia it will be''.  

Hmm. I'm calling bollix. They played all their games so far in Trnava, they opened a new stadium in Bratislava, 30 minutes away. I'd say fair chance it will be in one of those. It could also be Zilina maybe, but the closest airports are still Bratislava/Vienna. It's 2007 since they played anywhere else (Dubnica, a 9500k capacity stadium- I'm chancing ruling that one out)

''Even UEFA have more or less said they may change the goal posts to get the host nations in.''

UEFA didn't state anything of the sort- some media sources claimed they were examining the possibilities of maximising host's chances, it was less reported that most interpreted this as relating to the home venues for finals. Put up a link there to the Uefa statement if you can find it. Ireland's playoff path was confirmed last night, before you posted the above. 

''We could end up in Bucharest'' - On what basis were we ever going to end up in Bucharest ? The same basis as we were going to get home SF in Dublin (or going on that logic, maybe Thomond Park in Limerick) ?

''If it is Slovakia it might not even be in Bratislava or Trnva'' - Again, what's the basis for this ? Zilina the only other venue remotely likely, its capacity is smaller by 8000 on the other 2 and they haven't played there since 2015. 

I'm highlighting this for one reason, Its very easy for relatively experienced fans to read this type of crap and recognise it for the crap it is, but there are lads following us away maybe only a few years, may not have been at any previous playoff, may not have had the experience of trying to plan a cheap route in little time before Mick Ruinair wakes up, might be on a budget that requires a bit of hedging bets, might want some info on potential match venues etc, and this forum (at times) serves as a valuable resource for them. 

In the middle of some info that might be of some actual value to them, lads on an ego trip or having a fondness for conspiracy theories post up some complete bollix- and unfortunately, some will give that opinion equal weight. Partly me own fault, should have deleted it, but going to leave it here as a shining example of what Sir Roger Milla would refer to as ''utter dung''. 

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2019 at 10:07pm
Can you make a sticky thread with informed and relevant posts, locked to us plebs and any relevant post can be added? It seems a bit rich to ask lads to not posting sh*te and onions on a platform designed for it, but at the same time you are correct.
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2019 at 10:25pm

Aye, imagine away LOLLOL

Don’t know what I was thinking when I typed that second sentence 😂

Smile Fair play 

Anybody who needs the skint FAI to get them from trnava to Bratislava really shouldn’t leave the house unaccompanied 
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2019 at 10:28pm
Oh and deise316 ClapClapClapClap
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2019 at 10:40pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Can you make a sticky thread with informed and relevant posts, locked to us plebs and any relevant post can be added? It seems a bit rich to ask lads to not posting sh*te and onions on a platform designed for it, but at the same time you are correct.

Jaysus PM, there's plenty choice on here if anyone wants to talk bollix, spoiled for choice in fact, but putting up pure speculation and misinformation on travel threads isn't on, just in my opinion. (I'm not talking about Lass's joke about playing Georgia or obvious fishing attempts) 

Everyone on here (possibly even superdave) has fcuked up a booking for an away game at some point in the past, I certainly have, but ya do learn from these things and as a result, can point people in vaguely the right direction when a similar situation arises again. 

Personally couldn't care less about the content in the bollix posts, I'm around long enough to know whose opinion might be worth reading and what to ignore, but this whole process was confusing (you've said so yerself often enoughLOLLOL) and for anyone genuinely looking for some info, posts like the one I highlighted just make it even more confusing. 

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2019 at 10:43pm
Of course there is, but fellas want their two cents worth, even if it isn’t worth that. In my case it would be about 8.90, but that’s more due to volume and exchange rate rather than an accurate measurement.
howieb View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote howieb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2019 at 11:32pm

Originally posted by gmfc90 gmfc90 wrote:

No one even knows where in Slovakia it'll be. Even UEFA have more or less said they may change the goal posts to get the host nations in. We could end up in Bucharest. If it is Slovakia it might not even be in Bratislava or Trnva. It's 4 months away. I was able to book the Denmark play off with less time on the cheap. People booked the flights as they were leaving the ground for christ sake.

Not solely directed at yerself, but the amount of utter uninformed nonsense that appeared on various threads in relation to the playoffs, whether that be format, potential opponents, possible dates of games and possible venues was shocking on here. Sections of the NL thread are a joke. Hadn't time to go through them all and delete. 

To start with, I think most would acknowledge it was a very confusing format/system/competiton, certainly in comparison to the last few playoffs. The NL thread, fellas like Yoco, Flaghunter, Superdave and meself to name just a few put in a little bit of time & effort into understanding the whole fcukin confusing mess, and generally were able to explain it, from identifying potential opponents a few months out, to likley positioning in playoff paths and all the rest that went with it. 

After any match day, loads would just post giving their opinion on what might happen, based on fcuk all. ''If we finish third in group, so we can't draw Wales in playoff'' type thing. Even today, there has been more than one post stating UEFA ''could move the playoff dates'' even though they confirmed the exact dates a few weeks ago. 

Apologies if it seems like I'm picking on the above post, but just to go through it; 

''Nobody knows where in Slovakia it will be''.  

Hmm. I'm calling bollix. They played all their games so far in Trnava, they opened a new stadium in Bratislava, 30 minutes away. I'd say fair chance it will be in one of those. It could also be Zilina maybe, but the closest airports are still Bratislava/Vienna. It's 2007 since they played anywhere else (Dubnica, a 9500k capacity stadium- I'm chancing ruling that one out)

''Even UEFA have more or less said they may change the goal posts to get the host nations in.''

UEFA didn't state anything of the sort- some media sources claimed they were examining the possibilities of maximising host's chances, it was less reported that most interpreted this as relating to the home venues for finals. Put up a link there to the Uefa statement if you can find it. Ireland's playoff path was confirmed last night, before you posted the above. 

''We could end up in Bucharest'' - On what basis were we ever going to end up in Bucharest ? The same basis as we were going to get home SF in Dublin (or going on that logic, maybe Thomond Park in Limerick) ?

''If it is Slovakia it might not even be in Bratislava or Trnva'' - Again, what's the basis for this ? Zilina the only other venue remotely likely, its capacity is smaller by 8000 on the other 2 and they haven't played there since 2015. 

I'm highlighting this for one reason, Its very easy for relatively experienced fans to read this type of crap and recognise it for the crap it is, but there are lads following us away maybe only a few years, may not have been at any previous playoff, may not have had the experience of trying to plan a cheap route in little time before Mick Ruinair wakes up, might be on a budget that requires a bit of hedging bets, might want some info on potential match venues etc, and this forum (at times) serves as a valuable resource for them. 

In the middle of some info that might be of some actual value to them, lads on an ego trip or having a fondness for conspiracy theories post up some complete bollix- and unfortunately, some will give that opinion equal weight. Partly me own fault, should have deleted it, but going to leave it here as a shining example of what Sir Roger Milla would refer to as ''utter dung''. 

Exactly .Great post. Some sh*te spouted on here . 
I have my flights booked.  Fly to Vienna the day before the game. Will get the train to Bratislava the next day . 

Edited by howieb - 21 Nov 2019 at 11:33pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 139>
  Share Topic