You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Slovakia v Ireland, Thursday, 08th October 2020
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Slovakia v Ireland, Thursday, 08th October 2020

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 139>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 7:41pm
LOL
Originally posted by bundy bundy wrote:

Genuinely one of the funniest videos I’ve ever seen. Have no idea who the fella is or who took the video (think I saw it posted here by the chap with the camera years ago)

LOL
Sponsored Links

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 8:12pm
Originally posted by Rodneytrotter Rodneytrotter wrote:

That reminds me of the scene in ID when gumbo gets a dart in the head and told by old bill to get back in the cage with the rest of the animals 

I f**king love you Gumbo
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2019 at 12:19am
Originally posted by gmfc90 gmfc90 wrote:

Muppets booking flights and hotels

Well be sure and let us know how you get on waiting til the suits rubberstamp everything. 

Direct return flights to Bratislava Thurs-Friday/Thurs Saturday could be got for around €55 return before the Denmark game on Monday. While the Wales game was in progress, they were still maybe €120/140 return. They were €470 last time I checked today. 

Some people spent relatively small money gambling that we wouldn't beat Denmark, Wales would win at home, and Uefa would keep the draw format as is, whereas you might save that €55 in the less likely scenario where Uefa rip up the rule book and give us a Dublin semi final. You will not get to Bratislava and back for €55 on Friday. 

Maybe you can afford Abbey prices, and fair enough if you can (probably bones of a grand for a 2 night trip that they will advertise as a 3 day trip) but a lot of our fans are on some kind of budget where the gamble made financial sense. You might even learn something from the muppets by the next time we're in a playoff. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Football version of Comical Ali.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2019 at 7:31am

Edited by planning - 21 Nov 2019 at 7:37am
planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Football version of Comical Ali.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2019 at 7:37am
We have won one away game. When I say "won", I mean we had to grind a win out of Gibraltar, because the wind speed was above 5mph and the airport was around the corner. His other away wins in charge were in Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Iceland, Malta, Estonia, Cyprus and Andorra. 

A knockout game in Slovakia is a considerably more significant challenge than that.  
gmfc90 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmfc90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2019 at 7:42am
Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

Well be sure and let us know how you get on waiting til the suits rubberstamp everything. 

Direct return flights to Bratislava Thurs-Friday/Thurs Saturday could be got for around €55 return before the Denmark game on Monday. While the Wales game was in progress, they were still maybe €120/140 return. <span style="line-height: 1.4;">They were €470 last time I checked today. </span>
<span style="line-height: 1.4;">
</span>
<span style="line-height: 1.4;">Some people spent relatively small money gambling that we wouldn't beat Denmark, Wales would win at home, and Uefa would keep the draw format as is, whereas you might save that €55 in the less likely scenario where Uefa rip up the rule book and give us a Dublin semi final. You will not get to Bratislava and back for €55 on Friday. </span>
</span>
<span style="line-height: 1.4;">Maybe you can afford Abbey prices, and fair enough if you can (probably bones of a grand for a 2 night trip that they will advertise as a 3 day trip) but a lot of our fans are on some kind of budget where the gamble made financial sense. You might even learn something from the muppets by the next time we're in a playoff. </span>
</span>
</span>
</span>
</span>
</span>

No one even knows where in Slovakia it'll be. Even UEFA have more or less said they may change the goal posts to get the host nations in. We could end up in Bucharest. If it is Slovakia it might not even be in Bratislava or Trnva. It's 4 months away. I was able to book the Denmark play off with less time on the cheap. People booked the flights as they were leaving the ground for christ sake.
Danger here, OH NO
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2019 at 8:04am

Direct return flights to Bratislava Thurs-Friday/Thurs Saturday could be got for around €55 return before the Denmark game on Monday. While the Wales game was in progress, they were still maybe €120/140 return. <span style="line-height: 1.4;">They were €470 last time I checked today. </span>
</span>
<span style="line-height: 1.4;">Some people spent relatively small money gambling that we wouldn't beat Denmark, Wales would win at home, and Uefa would keep the draw format as is, whereas you might save that €55 in the less likely scenario where Uefa rip up the rule book and give us a Dublin semi final. You will not get to Bratislava and back for €55 on Friday. </span>
</span>
<span style="line-height: 1.4;">Maybe you can afford Abbey prices, and fair enough if you can (probably bones of a grand for a 2 night trip that they will advertise as a 3 day trip) but a lot of our fans are on some kind of budget where the gamble made financial sense. You might even learn something from the muppets by the next time we're in a playoff. </span>
</span>
</span>
</span>
</span>
</span>

No one even knows where in Slovakia it'll be. Even UEFA have more or less said they may change the goal posts to get the host nations in. We could end up in Bucharest. If it is Slovakia it might not even be in Bratislava or Trnva. It's 4 months away. I was able to book the Denmark play off with less time on the cheap. People booked the flights as they were leaving the ground for christ sake.

That’s like an away fan holding off on booking an away match here because it could be held in Pearse Park or Celtic Park

And hotels are free cancellation in any case.

I guess you aren’t comparing like for like either as the lads who booked a flight for 30 quid the other day are going direct. There are plenty of routes with 6 hour stopovers that will get you there for not too much more. Each to their own
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2019 at 8:13am
What time is the ‘draw’ tomorrow ?  
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2019 at 8:17am

</span>
</span>
</span>
</span>
</span>
</span>
</span>

UEFA basically confirmed yesterday the teams that can move and we aren't one of them. League B is set in stone fixture wise, tomorrow is just to draw the final
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2019 at 8:18am
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

11am, can't imagine it'll take too long, literally just need to draw out who the home team will be for the final.
Roberto_Carlow View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto_Carlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2019 at 8:35am
There will be 90 mins of qualifier highlights before the draw probably. And Music and clapping.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2019 at 8:38am
Originally posted by wanderer wanderer wrote:

11am, can't imagine it'll take too long, literally just need to draw out who the home team will be for the final.
You aren’t too familiar with UEFA’s back catalogue then?
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2019 at 8:40am

Everybody who has booked knows its a gamble but its an educated gamble - we aren't going to sue Uefa because 'we thought it was going to be in Trnvava'

It is Slovakia
It s pretty likely in Trnvava 
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2019 at 8:41am

Thumbs Up home draw please
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2019 at 8:44am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

You aren’t too familiar with UEFA’s back catalogue then?

Very true, only they could drag this out for an hour or so
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2019 at 8:46am

Everybody who has booked knows its a gamble but its an educated gamble - we aren't going to sue Uefa because 'we thought it was going to be in Trnvava'

It is Slovakia

On the law of averages 2 out of Ireland, Hungary, Romania and Scotland will not qualify. I can imagine that UEFA are pulling out clumps trying to devise a restucture for the play-offs.
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
gmfc90 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmfc90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2019 at 8:50am
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

It is Slovakia

On the law of averages 2 out of Ireland, Hungary, Romania and Scotland will not qualify. I can imagine that UEFA are pulling out clumps trying to devise a restucture for the play-offs.

Don't be surprised if by magic they drop us to A or C just to get us over the line and give us two home games
Danger here, OH NO
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2019 at 8:58am

Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

It is Slovakia

Don't be surprised if by magic they drop us to A or C just to get us over the line and give us two home games

Why favour us over the other hosts ?

Scotland are due to face either Norway or Serbia away if they win their semi.

I'd imagine they may opt for neutral venues for play-off finals and appoint refs who are eager to please.
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 139>
  Share Topic