You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Slovakia v Ireland, Thursday, 08th October 2020
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Slovakia v Ireland, Thursday, 08th October 2020

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4950515253 139>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2020 at 10:25pm
Randolph/Travers/O'Hara
Coleman/Doherty/Duffy/Egan/Lenihan/O'Shea/Stevens
McCarthy/Hendrick/Hourihane/Arter/Molumby/Cullen/Browne
McGoldrick/Idah/Connolly/McClean/Robinson/Long

Assumes that Clark, Brady and O'Dowda are out injured.

Think it will be something close to that anyway, no major surprises.

I think Left Foot is close to it with the starting team, only issue there is who takes the set pieces - assuming Brady is out I could see Hourihane starting instead of Arter so that he's there to fling corners and free kicks towards Duffy's head.

Edited by You Tell Me - 26 Sep 2020 at 10:35pm
Sponsored Links

Healy52003 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2020 at 10:37pm
Be nice too win this and then some of the experienced players can go back to there clubs and rest for the final and we can bring in youth for the nations leagues games 

Me nerves are gathering as this games comes closer and closer. If we showed some balls away to Georgia and home to Denmark last year we might not be in this bloody mess 

The only irish winners from Euro 20/21 could be the Dublin hospitality industry
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2020 at 12:25am
Originally posted by Healy52003 Healy52003 wrote:

Be nice too win this and then some of the experienced players can go back to there clubs and rest for the final and we can bring in youth for the nations leagues games 

Me nerves are gathering as this games comes closer and closer. If we showed some balls away to Georgia and home to Denmark last year we might not be in this bloody mess 

You do know there is a pandemic on that is not likely to end soon 
AKA pedantic kunt
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2020 at 12:38am
O'Hara has not played for Burton yet so presumably still not fit and third goalkeeper position still open.
Healy52003 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2020 at 1:11am
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Originally posted by Healy52003 Healy52003 wrote:

You do know there is a pandemic on that is not likely to end soon 

A lot could happen between now and next summer in regards treatment/vaccine etc. Here's hoping anyway 
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2020 at 9:26am
Originally posted by Green Cockade Green Cockade wrote:

O'Hara has not played for Burton yet so presumably still not fit and third goalkeeper position still open.

He has been suspended because of a biting incident at the end of last season. Expected back in the Burton squad for next weekend.
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2020 at 10:38am
Bazunu could be forcing himself into contention for that 3rd slot.
Not a terrible idea to get him exposure and no pressure on the lad.

Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2020 at 11:08am
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Randolph 
Coleman Duffy Egan Stevens 
                  McCarthy 
              Arter    Hendrick 
Robinson Mcgoldrick Connolly 

This is the same team I'd pick if the game were today.

It's interesting though how well Robinson played thru' the middle yesterday Shocked
Just one game but if he were to continue starting there and being a threat, we could do a lot worse than play him there.
This would likely mean dropping McG unless he can drop in behind if we went to a 4-2-3-1.
Then with a fit Brady we could deploy him on the right.  Would mean then losing Arter of Hendrik...

Edited by Fozz - 27 Sep 2020 at 11:09am
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2020 at 11:49am
How the fck has arter worked his way back in to peoples teams.   Bournemouth and fulham have both had a look and got rid of him.  He is now with forest in the Championship and is 31 and still dives into tackles.  

I would have Hourihane ahead of him 
AKA pedantic kunt
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2020 at 12:43pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

How the fck has arter worked his way back in to peoples teams.   Bournemouth and fulham have both had a look and got rid of him.  He is now with forest in the Championship and is 31 and still dives into tackles.  

I would have Hourihane ahead of him 

Is having a player for 10 years what you call "having a look and getting rid"? LOL As for Fulham, he played regularly last year and helped them to promotion, so yeah we should completely ignore that sort of player Embarrassed
We're decent enough..
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2020 at 12:49pm
I think that Hourihane has played 72 mins of football so far. 

The last games we played you could clearly see that players were not match fit. If we stand any chance of beating Slovakia we need all players on the pitch at 100% which is why I think arter will be given the nod.

I feel the nations league games afterwards will be a better place to try new players etc. 
hulkhogan View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hulkhogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2020 at 12:55pm
Randolph, Travers, Kelleher
Coleman, Doherty, Duffy, Egan, Lenihan, o shea , Stevens
After, McCarthy, Hendrick, hourihane, molumby, Browne
McLean, Robinson,McGoldrick, Connolly, Idah, Long, Maguire

That's my bet.

Personally I'd take Kevin long over o shea and Obafemi over Maguire but much of a muchness.

The only surprise I could see is Small one for browne
Whacha gonna do
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2020 at 12:56pm

I think that Hourihane has played 72 mins of football so far. 

The last games we played you could clearly see that players were not match fit. If we stand any chance of beating Slovakia we need all players on the pitch at 100% which is why I think arter will be given the nod.

I feel the nations league games afterwards will be a better place to try new players etc. 

Arter started less than half of Fulham's league games last season and he's started the same number of league games this season as Hourihane.

Arter isn't more match fit than Hourihane, unless Hourihane is carrying an injury no one has been told about.

Our midfield was a lot more solid in the Bulgaria game so Hourihane is a better option than Arter, even leaving aside the obvious set piece threat.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2020 at 1:23pm
Fair play Hotlips_Hoolahan, I would guess that Arter offers that little more defensively which would free up Hendrick.

But seeing Arter or Hourihane would not surprise anyone.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2020 at 1:58pm

Fair play Hotlips_Hoolahan, I would guess that Arter offers that little more defensively which would free up Hendrick.

But seeing Arter or Hourihane would not surprise anyone.

Arter is a liability defensively as he jumps into
tackles.   I would have hourihane ahead of him as he is a goal threat and set piece too which Arter does not offer.  He was sh*te away to Georgia and home to Denmark in the play off and wasn’t much better against Finland recently and if he was so good why did Bournemouth and Fulham both keep him recently.  
AKA pedantic kunt
flaghunter View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flaghunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2020 at 1:59pm
Who would be on set pieces if no Brady or Hourihane were in the XI? 
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2020 at 2:01pm
With Brady out I would say Hourihane is guaranteed his game due to set-pieces.
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2020 at 2:05pm
Will Hamsik definitely come over from China for it? I read a few weeks ago he was expected to come back for it but cant’t find anything since. We’ll know Tuesday anyway when they announce their squad. They are hoping to bring Skrtel out of retirement for it which suggests they are in disarray with manager under pressure 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4950515253 139>
  Share Topic