You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Slovakia Ticket Refund Panic

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 69707172>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Green Werewolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2020 at 7:15pm
Originally posted by redlad redlad wrote:

Originally posted by Salzburglilly Salzburglilly wrote:

For those of you who bought tickets in the Slovak end,log in to the website, ticketmedia.sk ,click on my orders,click on the order number, then click on ticket number and a Refund section appears on the bottom right,click that and all is grand.

DId you receive your refund straight away Salzburlilly? Just questioning if I have submitted for a refund correctly Shocked

Did this lunchtime yesterday and refund appeared by COB today, cheers for the excellent tip! I would have been self-isolating inside the stadium anyway given the distance of my seat to the away section. 

That shower at ticketmaster could learn a thing or two from the ticket media app as well. I didn’t even change the language from Slovak and still managed to check out quicker than our one.
Away days brighten the North Stand, Our football friends from foreign lands. They'd nudge eachother with their hands - "Wow these really are the worlds best fans"
Sponsored Links

FeckZlatan View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FeckZlatan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2020 at 10:40am
Had bought two in the away end through TicketMedia App as above. Refunded yesterday, no issues.
Colum View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2020 at 10:46pm
Refund for away tickets hit my card today
Pauldaly1984 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauldaly1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2020 at 7:49am
Just got mine as well
greenlad View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenlad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2020 at 3:39pm
Got mine also
manchesterbhoy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manchesterbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2020 at 3:24pm
repaid today also just waiting on ryanair now 
xRedmanLFCx View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xRedmanLFCx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2020 at 4:56pm
Originally posted by Jackal Jackal wrote:

Originally posted by Pipkin Pipkin wrote:

There are some amount of strange fish amongst Irish fans

I think it's just the internet. I'd say if you went onto the Uzbekistan version of YBIG, you'd see the same stuff. 

LOL
"We will be galvanised and motivated, and we will bring thousands to this tournament." - MON
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xRedmanLFCx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2020 at 6:44pm
Kenny in charge, the scramble and panic is to resume LOL
"We will be galvanised and motivated, and we will bring thousands to this tournament." - MON
E2016 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E2016 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2020 at 8:59pm
3 refund cases been in the queue with Ryanair for 30 days. I have numerous other cases with other airlines who are trying to force vouchers too.

So from start to finish, this is what happened with my Ryanair Slovakia flights:
  • Got e-mail sent flight was cancelled with a refund link which was a dead link
  • Managed to get the refund application in next week.
  • Got an email 2 weeks ago saying that my refund was in the queue to be processed and not to worry.
  • Then I got vouchers sent to me today. There was never any mention of vouchers before, so why am I getting a bunch of vouchers now. On the email if you want to contact them for a refund, it gives you a link to do so. However that link leads you to the FAQ page of the vouchers, with no contact info on the page - just the live chat which isn't functioning.

SUPERWESLEYHOOLAHAN View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SUPERWESLEYHOOLAHAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2020 at 9:04pm
i would take the vouchers lads, cos they ain't gonna give back any money any time soon, if at all. If it was a smaller airline who cared about bad press maybe... 
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2020 at 9:59pm
Originally posted by SUPERWESLEYHOOLAHAN SUPERWESLEYHOOLAHAN wrote:

i would take the vouchers lads, cos they ain't gonna give back any money any time soon, if at all. If it was a smaller airline who cared about bad press maybe... 
I got a voucher from them today as well when I would have preferred the refund. 

Looks like I might as well accept it seeing as they have clearly made getting a refund either very difficult or uneconomical (expensive phone lines). I just hope that I'm able to use it - and that it actually works when I do try to use it. Shocked
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xRedmanLFCx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2020 at 9:08pm

Why accept the voucher? There's no cash in that. We don't know when the next flight will be either. The voucher could expire, cash won't.
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2020 at 9:42pm
Originally posted by xRedmanLFCx xRedmanLFCx wrote:

Why accept the voucher? There's no cash in that. We don't know when the next flight will be either. The voucher could expire, cash won't.

Voucher expires in a year, if you dont use it before it expires they'll give you the cash

SUPERWESLEYHOOLAHAN View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SUPERWESLEYHOOLAHAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2020 at 10:01pm

Because ill more than likely use it and it beats coming on here everyday crying about how awful Ryanair are, 
even though the next time you fly somewhere it will be with the cheapest option which is more than likely Ryanair 
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2020 at 1:37am

Because ill more than likely use it and it beats coming on here everyday crying about how awful Ryanair are, 
even though the next time you fly somewhere it will be with the cheapest option which is more than likely Ryanair 
It suits you to take the voucher, great for you. For others they may either just want their cash, or maybe worse, may actually need it more now than ever. Regardless of what reason they want the refund, they are entitled to it, and are as equally entitled to moan about airlines holding onto it and if they desire follow it up through their bank by way of chargeback? God knows there has been a hell of a lot worse things whinged about on here.

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2020 at 9:47am
Mate got this from Lufthansa after harassing them for about 8 weeks now.

Thank you for your feedback requesting a refund of your ticket.

Please note that Customer Relations will not be able to process requests regarding these topics, or any changes to bookings or fare conditions. All relevant information may be found on our website https://www.lufthansa.com/us/en/flight-information.

We are well aware of the legal framework and assure you that refunds are still possible. We do, however, ask for your understanding that, in the current situation, refunds are not possible within the standard time limits and we cannot reliably communicate a concrete time frame.

Alternatively, we would like to inform you that we have extended our rebooking conditions and made them even more flexible. All information regarding rebooking and voucher options are available on LH.com at https://lufthansa.flightvoucher.com/?lang=en.

If a cancellation is currently the only option available to you, please contact our Service Center. Worldwide telephone numbers can be found at https://www.lufthansa.com/us/en/help-and-contact.

We thank you again for your understanding in this dynamic and unprecedented situation.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2020 at 3:31pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Mate got this from Lufthansa after harassing them for about 8 weeks now.

Thank you for your feedback requesting a refund of your ticket.

Please note that Customer Relations will not be able to process requests regarding these topics, or any changes to bookings or fare conditions. All relevant information may be found on our website https://www.lufthansa.com/us/en/flight-information.

We are well aware of the legal framework and assure you that refunds are still possible. We do, however, ask for your understanding that, in the current situation, refunds are not possible within the standard time limits and we cannot reliably communicate a concrete time frame.

Alternatively, we would like to inform you that we have extended our rebooking conditions and made them even more flexible. All information regarding rebooking and voucher options are available on LH.com at https://lufthansa.flightvoucher.com/?lang=en.

If a cancellation is currently the only option available to you, please contact our Service Center. Worldwide telephone numbers can be found at https://www.lufthansa.com/us/en/help-and-contact.

We thank you again for your understanding in this dynamic and unprecedented situation.

Yeah I've travel credit for around €300 with them wasn't bothered dragging it out for months. Have until April 2021 to use it at the moment which is grand. fingers crossed be able to use it later this year or 2021 to take a break somewhere 
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2020 at 3:40pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

It suits you to take the voucher, great for you. For others they may either just want their cash, or maybe worse, may actually need it more now than ever. Regardless of what reason they want the refund, they are entitled to it, and are as equally entitled to moan about airlines holding onto it and if they desire follow it up through their bank by way of chargeback? God knows there has been a hell of a lot worse things whinged about on here.

Got one from Ryan Air saying that they would repay Flights for €220 in 20 days time . 
That was on the 1st May , now got a mail today saying that they will now only give us a voucher for the same amount . The Wife has sent on all details and print outs for a CC refund . 
I will let you know how we get on . 

TAKE THE MONEY . 
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 69707172>
  Share Topic