You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Slovakia Ticket Refund Panic

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3334353637 72>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2020 at 11:14am
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

I watched the video - Thanks for promising us all tickets for game GSpain, very generous!

As for volunteers etc expecting tickets for Euro 2020, well the location is irrelevant in that regard: The games may be in Lansdowne but the location is still deemed by UEFA as a neutral venue which is why control is handed over to UEFA weeks in advance etc and it's why both teams are allocated the same % of tickets. So, this game has to be treated in the same way as any other tournament from a ticket allocation perspective. 
That bit suggesting no away record would be needed certainly had me raising an eyebrow! LOL

I wish it could be true but with only a ST & 2 away games on my record, I'm not too confident about getting a ticket - even after the duplicate applications have been weeded out of that 7k figure that's been mentioned here. Cry 
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
Sponsored Links

Mr. Snrub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2020 at 11:17am
Originally posted by ConorMac77 ConorMac77 wrote:

I watched the video - Thanks for promising us all tickets for game GSpain, very generous!

As for volunteers etc expecting tickets for Euro 2020, well the location is irrelevant in that regard: The games may be in Lansdowne but the location is still deemed by UEFA as a neutral venue which is why control is handed over to UEFA weeks in advance etc and it's why both teams are allocated the same % of tickets. So, this game has to be treated in the same way as any other tournament from a ticket allocation perspective. 
That bit suggesting no away record would be needed certainly had me raising an eyebrow! LOL

I wish it could be true but with only a ST & 2 away games on my record, I'm not too confident about getting a ticket - even after the duplicate applications have been weeded out of that 7k figure that's been mentioned here. Cry 

In the exact same boat as yourself! 2 aways and a ST.

I reckon we'll handily get one in Bratislava, this game might not sell out
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2020 at 11:39am
Originally posted by Fruice Fruice wrote:

Of course UEFA will be in control of tickets but they will give some extra tickets  to the host FA and this will be the same in any of the host stadia.
It won’t be in any documentation but it will happen

Normally there is a host allocation per game however I am told this is not the case.  For example France put tickets on sale to their football family in the summer of 2015.    All national football associations do have rights to some tickets but that is a small number.

UEFA distribute the tickets but the FAI allocation is distributed as per the FAI's instructions.  

Just about every football club in the country, every local league, every regional association, every affialiate etc etc will want tickets.  The sponsors will want tickets.  Qualification would be huge for attracting new sponsors.  

As I said I don't believe any decision has been made yet.  However it is naive to assume that the people who ultimately elect the decision makers will be the ones to lose out.  

gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2020 at 11:47am
Big smileBig smileBig smileBig smileBig smileBig smileBig smile
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Originally posted by wicklowrunner wicklowrunner wrote:

Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

Originally posted by gspain gspain wrote:

Originally posted by SUPERWESLEYHOOLAHAN SUPERWESLEYHOOLAHAN wrote:

Thank God that Irish Football Fan TV shared the video telling us how to apply for tickets, and also to inform anyone that has never been to a game before to apply that they'll more than likely be sorted, would be a shame if the bandwagon were to miss out Cry

I made the video.  A few points

1)  There are loads of people incl season ticket holders who have no idea how to apply for away tickets.
Lots of people were asking how to apply for away tickets.  

2)  I didn't say people would more than likely be sorted.  I said there is no harm in applying.  With hindsight I may have talked up the chances a bit much.  However it costs nothing to apply and I still think it is best to apply and let the FAI know demand.

3) Many expected the demand to be in the 2k-3K range.  Looking back on here a few stated that 10% should be more than enough.  It is a midweek away in Eastern Europe and just a semi final.

4) Wales got extra tickets.  The FAI in the past have got extra away tickets when the home end had low demand.  If demand had been in the 2,500-3K range it is not unreasonable to expect the FAI would have asked for that and been granted that if the stadium layout allows it.  

5)  Typically Slovakia tickets are expensive by local standards and they do not sellout.  It is in everyone's interest to have away fans together rather than scattered in the home end.  

Now having said all of the above I am shocked at the 7K figure mentioned on here.  

As for Euro2020 tickets if we qualify I have no idea how they will be allocated.  I think it would be very naive to assume the 2 games in Dublin would be treated as away games and allocated based on away record.  I do know there are thousands of volunteers in the game around the country who will expect access to tickets.  There are longstanding season ticket holders who may not do away games but will also expect some access.  Throw in sponsors etc.....

If we qualify demand will be off the charts.  Poland in particular will be the hottest ticket ever for any event in this country.  UEFA are selling the tickets and only holding back the allocation for the playoff winner which I understand to be approx 7K per game.  Obviously loads for Bosnia or Slovakia but nowhere near enough for us or NI.  

I know quite a few people have bought already.  Anyone who has offered Poland v Sweden tickets (could have been us before the draw) has had them snapped up.  

Anyway I hope to be proven wrong or right as that means we qualify.    

I think the 7k was an exaggeration. It's 4k applications to my knowledge and no doubt there'll be plenty of duplicates in there. 

4k is correct no.
Bit surprised anyone fell for my 7k comment especially GaryShocked slight bit mischievous on my part, but seeing as we’ve so many eejits across the board on here, i thought id give it a try to see what the attraction is. Anyhow, the 4K is closer to the mark although its a bit north of 4K.

As mentioned previously, once duplicates are weeded out, and other factors, enyone that deserves a ticket will get one. Nobody will be left standing outside the turnstiles.

Big smile

4K is a lot more manageable.  There were scares for Geneva too and we were well undersubscribed for that game.  

A lot will depend on home demand.  Their qualifiers were played in half-empty stadiums.  A playoff and the move back to Bratislava will increase demand.  
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2020 at 11:47am

Of course UEFA will be in control of tickets but they will give some extra tickets  to the host FA and this will be the same in any of the host stadia.

Normally there is a host allocation per game however I am told this is not the case.  For example France put tickets on sale to their football family in the summer of 2015.    All national football associations do have rights to some tickets but that is a small number.

UEFA distribute the tickets but the FAI allocation is distributed as per the FAI's instructions.  

Just about every football club in the country, every local league, every regional association, every affialiate etc etc will want tickets.  The sponsors will want tickets.  Qualification would be huge for attracting new sponsors.  

As I said I don't believe any decision has been made yet.  However it is naive to assume that the people who ultimately elect the decision makers will be the ones to lose out.  

a bit of a red herring I fear and was similar to the Football family argument on away tickets distribution put forward by certain parties  that 'the guy who has put out the cones for 20 years should be rewarded'.

He may well be deserving of a reward but God knows there were any amount of tickets available for home games that he could of been given or away tickets  , he/she should not be rewarded by either
1. an oversubscribed away game
2 tournament tickets  
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
irish_major View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Bookie Slayer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_major Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2020 at 11:50am
2 aways should do the job but the stupid football family allocation could mean 3 aways are required 
Here we go again
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2020 at 11:52am

Other countries that have games at home, i.e England, ran their normal tournament allocation process, we should be no different.
Everyone you've mentioned comes under the football family allocation, up to the FAI to then distribute among them, they already have an allocation, 20% of the tickets, which would be 2000.
For everyone else it 100% should be normal tournament distribution, as much as it's a "home" game its really not, it's a tournament in neutral ground.

If you deserve a ticket based on your home + away attendance then you deserve one more than the person who has a season ticket and thats it. Harsh given there's games here but you can't deviate.

All if's and but's until after we hopefully qualify 

Edited by wanderer - 29 Jan 2020 at 11:55am
Pauldaly1984 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauldaly1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2020 at 12:50pm
Lads I don’t think there’ll be too much of an issue for anyone thays travelling if there are 4000 applications. By time duplications etc are weeded out most will be sorted I’d imagine. There’s also the home end which I don’t think will be too hard to source tickets for. You can buy tickets on viagogo already for €65 . You could even get one close to the away end. Anyways I’ll sit tight and wait and see but if you’re worried fill your boots
Pauldaly1984 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauldaly1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2020 at 12:51pm

Thank God that Irish Football Fan TV shared the video telling us how to apply for tickets, and also to inform anyone that has never been to a game before to apply that they'll more than likely be sorted, would be a shame if the bandwagon were to miss out Cry

1)  There are loads of people incl season ticket holders who have no idea how to apply for away tickets.

2)  I didn't say people would more than likely be sorted.  I said there is no harm in applying.  With hindsight I may have talked up the chances a bit much.  However it costs nothing to apply and I still think it is best to apply and let the FAI know demand.

3) Many expected the demand to be in the 2k-3K range.  Looking back on here a few stated that 10% should be more than enough.  It is a midweek away in Eastern Europe and just a semi final.

4) Wales got extra tickets.  The FAI in the past have got extra away tickets when the home end had low demand.  If demand had been in the 2,500-3K range it is not unreasonable to expect the FAI would have asked for that and been granted that if the stadium layout allows it.  

5)  Typically Slovakia tickets are expensive by local standards and they do not sellout.  It is in everyone's interest to have away fans together rather than scattered in the home end.  

Now having said all of the above I am shocked at the 7K figure mentioned on here.  

As for Euro2020 tickets if we qualify I have no idea how they will be allocated.  I think it would be very naive to assume the 2 games in Dublin would be treated as away games and allocated based on away record.  I do know there are thousands of volunteers in the game around the country who will expect access to tickets.  There are longstanding season ticket holders who may not do away games but will also expect some access.  Throw in sponsors etc.....

If we qualify demand will be off the charts.  Poland in particular will be the hottest ticket ever for any event in this country.  UEFA are selling the tickets and only holding back the allocation for the playoff winner which I understand to be approx 7K per game.  Obviously loads for Bosnia or Slovakia but nowhere near enough for us or NI.  

I know quite a few people have bought already.  Anyone who has offered Poland v Sweden tickets (could have been us before the draw) has had them snapped up.  

Fair play to you. The more content out there the better. Keep doing what your doing. Come here any chance of ringing Ryan Johansson s auld one again and finding out what the story is 
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2020 at 2:32pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

a bit of a red herring I fear and was similar to the Football family argument on away tickets distribution put forward by certain parties  that 'the guy who has put out the cones for 20 years should be rewarded'.

He may well be deserving of a reward but God knows there were any amount of tickets available for home games that he could of been given or away tickets  , he/she should not be rewarded by either
1. an oversubscribed away game
2 tournament tickets  

I am not advocating they get tickets merely pointing out there will be a very strong sense of entitlement.  I appreciate many on here also have a very strong sense of entitlement.  

I don't know how the FAI will distribute tickets.

I believe that a Poland v Bosnia/Slovakia ticket would be very easy to offload at FV.  I believe a Sweden v Bosnia/Slovakia would be a bit tougher to offload particularly in a high category.  I'd still expect such a game to be full or pretty full.  If NI win the playoff then of course tickets will be very easy to also offload.  The portal will probably open before the playoffs (haven't seen a date) and I think it is worth trying to buy our potential Dublin games.  However others on here clearly do not agree.  The main thing is I hope I am proved wrong or right as it means we qualify.  I'd actually want to be wrong anyway as it would mean more tickets for travelling fans.     
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2020 at 2:34pm
Originally posted by Pauldaly1984 Pauldaly1984 wrote:

Fair play to you. The more content out there the better. Keep doing what your doing. Come here any chance of ringing Ryan Johansson s auld one again and finding out what the story is 

Thanks appreciate the nice comments.  It is one of the other lads who knows Ryan's family.  It doesn't look good.  
Mr_T View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr_T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2020 at 2:56pm
Bloody hell, minor heart attack as got an email from Customer Relations saying I hadn't collected my Tbilisi tickets so the game wouldn't count towards my record, and if I got Slovakia allocation I'd have to collect in Bratislava.

My envelope was mislaid at collection point in the hotel so Cria gave me 3 random spares to get me away so that's why I came up on the naughty list, and fair play to her she called me back and sorted it within minutes of emailing them back.

It does confirm thought that the sanctions outlined before the Georgia game are being strictly imposed!

Cliftonville7Ireland View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cliftonville7Ireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2020 at 3:09pm
Going back a few pages in the thread here but is there a serious problem with having collection only at  all away games? If people have the promise from the FAI of a ticket what’s wrong with collection in the town centre hardly much of a hastle 
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2020 at 3:26pm
Originally posted by Cliftonville7Ireland Cliftonville7Ireland wrote:

Going back a few pages in the thread here but is there a serious problem with having collection only at  all away games? If people have the promise from the FAI of a ticket what’s wrong with collection in the town centre hardly much of a hastle 

I think the "hassle" as such is the organisation needed to make this happen.
Don't think any fans would object to collecting. 
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2020 at 3:35pm

I wouldn't be in favour of it Logistically would be difficult if its a large away allocation - even Tbilisi had a few issues though think it was 900 to collect

Easily policed is a random 50-100 tickets 3-4 hours at ground before KO

Edited by Newryrep - 29 Jan 2020 at 3:39pm
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
VanBosch View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VanBosch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2020 at 4:08pm

I wouldn't be in favour of it Logistically would be difficult if its a large away allocation - even Tbilisi had a few issues though think it was 900 to collect

Only issue with that is you know it’s 90% you won’t get selected, so if you want to harvest apply anyway. Tickets come via post you win, if they don’t, ring TO and say you can’t make it and no punishment.
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2020 at 4:16pm
No need to do it for every game, the ones to do it for are when the tickets are only a few quid. Like Tbilisi or Sarajevo. Those games are perfect for someone harvesting.
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2020 at 4:25pm
Originally posted by VanBosch VanBosch wrote:

Only issue with that is you know it’s 90% you won’t get selected, so if you want to harvest apply anyway. Tickets come via post you win, if they don’t, ring TO and say you can’t make it and no punishment.

The prime  harvesting destinations are the likes of  Serbia , Moldova, Georgia and the friendlies   - given the numbers that travelled 100% pickup would be feasible.

Even 200 tickets 3-4 hours at the ground before KO would be feasible for any away game

It is unlikely to be eliminated but I don't believe it has to be taken to the nth degree.

Anybody who cancels after a pick up request has to pick up the next few games
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3334353637 72>
  Share Topic