You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Slovakia Ticket Refund Panic

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3233343536 72>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2020 at 4:06am
Originally posted by Adobolo Adobolo wrote:

If 3-4 aways does not get a ticket for bratislava there is something seriously wrong epically seen as Turkey Paris wroclaw aarhaus and Cardiff are included. Only the most arduous of away supporter were at all those 5. So say you were at 1 of them and went to all this qualifying campaign that's 4 aways, if that's not enough I'll throw my hat at it. SC need to be under the same rules as the indipendant traveller because it seems the indipendant traveller gets the raw deal all the time. 

That’s a fairly good synopsis. 

3/4 should be well enough. If fans have 65% or ~ 1,400, the only matches where there were more than that figure was Denmark and Switzerland. So on that basis you’d expect 3 aways to make it too
Sponsored Links

Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2020 at 7:40am
Hearing almost 7000 applicationsShocked This could be a 6 or 7/8 with maybe a raffle for people on 5/6.

Edited by Sham157 - 29 Jan 2020 at 7:42am
MisterX View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MisterX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2020 at 8:13am
34 pages of tripe.

Did I click into the FF/FG manifesto by mistake LOL
And once again, Monk's played it to Trojan, who's again switched to the left Bob.
- He must be ambidextrous, Bob.
I don't know about that, Bob. But he certainly can use both feet.
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2020 at 8:14am
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Hearing almost 7000 applicationsShocked This could be a 6 or 7/8 with maybe a raffle for people on 5/6.

I heard a million have applied 

Even taking out first timers and duplicates there is likely to be some disappointment whether that is justified or not remains to be seen 

There may be some who would qualify who miss out on an admin error and the TO usually rectify when advised

I expect things to be clearer in the next couple of weeks 

JD being gone can only help the ticket situation

'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2020 at 8:17am

That couldn't be real, highly doubt 7k travelling. There'll be an awful lot of duplicate applications, first time applications etc.
When it gets broken down into the correct groups I'd be surprised if 4 wasn't enough for regular travellers.
Out of the 8 there was no more than 200 in turkey and poland. Likewise small crowds of roughly 1k in Cardiff and aarhus. 

Edited by wanderer - 29 Jan 2020 at 8:21am
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2020 at 8:31am
Originally posted by Pipkin Pipkin wrote:

Originally posted by Adobolo Adobolo wrote:

If 3-4 aways does not get a ticket for bratislava there is something seriously wrong epically seen as Turkey Paris wroclaw aarhaus and Cardiff are included. Only the most arduous of away supporter were at all those 5. So say you were at 1 of them and went to all this qualifying campaign that's 4 aways, if that's not enough I'll throw my hat at it. SC need to be under the same rules as the indipendant traveller because it seems the indipendant traveller gets the raw deal all the time. 

That’s a fairly good synopsis. 

3/4 should be well enough. If fans have 65% or ~ 1,400, the only matches where there were more than that figure was Denmark and Switzerland. So on that basis you’d expect 3 aways to make it too

Don't forget that out of that roughly 1400 there would be a split of the allocation between independent supporters and SC's. Someone mentioned before it's roughly 50/50, which even still 3/4 should be within.
Robsham1 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robsham1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2020 at 8:49am
Absolutely mental video and to spout the nonsense that was spouted. Its probably because Irish Football Fan TV, have never gone to an away game in their existence. I can't imagine the overheads would be too much for such a set up....Similar cheap travel plans as everyone else finding a way to do it and maybe an extra power pack for a phone and small Microphone!!!

Fair play to the fella for setting it up and I believe the platform is getting better but they're quite naive to some respects and also sometimes a bit patronising to the 'average' Irish Football Fan. That being said , they should have been more informed regarding application process for a game of this significance as it wouldnt surprise me if due to the influx of applications due to being told they should get one, the TO made a balls with tickets for more frequent travelers! 
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2020 at 8:52am
Originally posted by Robsham1 Robsham1 wrote:

Absolutely mental video and to spout the nonsense that was spouted. Its probably because Irish Football Fan TV, have never gone to an away game in their existence. I can't imagine the overheads would be too much for such a set up....Similar cheap travel plans as everyone else finding a way to do it and maybe an extra power pack for a phone and small Microphone!!!

Fair play to the fella for setting it up and I believe the platform is getting better but they're quite naive to some respects and also sometimes a bit patronising to the 'average' Irish Football Fan. That being said , they should have been more informed regarding application process for a game of this significance as it wouldnt surprise me if due to the influx of applications due to being told they should get one, the TO made a balls with tickets for more frequent travelers! 

Don't see how they can, everyone knows where they stand out of the 8 games with regards their record, they've also broken down the percentage of the allocation for each of the 3 groups. It's not perfect but it's better than it was.
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2020 at 8:56am
Will obviously take a while to work out but with 900 total tickets for Gib it was minimum of 6 games to guarantee a ticket and all who were on 5 went into a draw. With a far great allocation you'd think those on 5 and 4 should be sorted for this one given that since then we probably had 1,000 or so in Gib and maybe a bit more than that in Geneva. 
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2020 at 9:45am
Originally posted by SUPERWESLEYHOOLAHAN SUPERWESLEYHOOLAHAN wrote:

Thank God that Irish Football Fan TV shared the video telling us how to apply for tickets, and also to inform anyone that has never been to a game before to apply that they'll more than likely be sorted, would be a shame if the bandwagon were to miss out Cry

I made the video.  A few points

1)  There are loads of people incl season ticket holders who have no idea how to apply for away tickets.
Lots of people were asking how to apply for away tickets.  

2)  I didn't say people would more than likely be sorted.  I said there is no harm in applying.  With hindsight I may have talked up the chances a bit much.  However it costs nothing to apply and I still think it is best to apply and let the FAI know demand.

3) Many expected the demand to be in the 2k-3K range.  Looking back on here a few stated that 10% should be more than enough.  It is a midweek away in Eastern Europe and just a semi final.

4) Wales got extra tickets.  The FAI in the past have got extra away tickets when the home end had low demand.  If demand had been in the 2,500-3K range it is not unreasonable to expect the FAI would have asked for that and been granted that if the stadium layout allows it.  

5)  Typically Slovakia tickets are expensive by local standards and they do not sellout.  It is in everyone's interest to have away fans together rather than scattered in the home end.  

Now having said all of the above I am shocked at the 7K figure mentioned on here.  

As for Euro2020 tickets if we qualify I have no idea how they will be allocated.  I think it would be very naive to assume the 2 games in Dublin would be treated as away games and allocated based on away record.  I do know there are thousands of volunteers in the game around the country who will expect access to tickets.  There are longstanding season ticket holders who may not do away games but will also expect some access.  Throw in sponsors etc.....

If we qualify demand will be off the charts.  Poland in particular will be the hottest ticket ever for any event in this country.  UEFA are selling the tickets and only holding back the allocation for the playoff winner which I understand to be approx 7K per game.  Obviously loads for Bosnia or Slovakia but nowhere near enough for us or NI.  

I know quite a few people have bought already.  Anyone who has offered Poland v Sweden tickets (could have been us before the draw) has had them snapped up.  

Anyway I hope to be proven wrong or right as that means we qualify.    

Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2020 at 9:55am
Originally posted by Mr. Snrub Mr. Snrub wrote:

Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

Harvesting is a problem but is being addressed as per NRs post on the matter a while back. First steps were taken prior to Georgia with the email offering the opportunity to anyone whose plans had changed (werent really going in the first place) to advise the TO and have their order cancelled and a refund issued. I believe also that those who failed to collect in Georgia received notification that the game was being removed from their account without refund. Like anything else, it will take a bit of time for the meassge to get through, and like every ‘crime’ it will never be eradicated.

I applied for a ticket for the Georgia match for my friend who is on the season ticket with me but did not have an away account at the time. I was told he wouldn't be able to receive the ticket in Tblisi but he had no hassle collecting in the end.

Will that match still be on my account?

Wouldn't you have had to enter his name and details on the application? 

I had applied for 2 tickets as I was intending on going but I switched to a 9-5 in my office and no longer had enough holidays for it. I emailed the FAI and they said he wouldn't be able to collect the tickets but he had no hassle whatsoever.

My application for Georgia is still on the away portal.

You still have to enter a second individual's details if you're applying for two tickets on the away portal though? My missus comes on some of the trips with me these days and I apply for the tickets through my account but have to enter her details for example.

I must have only applied for 1, I never had the option to book more.

It was the same scenario with the Slovakia portal.

Excuse my stupidity, but where is the option tom select more than 1 ticket?
You have to add the second individuals details to the account and create a second application. That's what I've been trying to say. You can't request two in one name. 
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2020 at 9:56am
Originally posted by gspain gspain wrote:

Thank God that Irish Football Fan TV shared the video telling us how to apply for tickets, and also to inform anyone that has never been to a game before to apply that they'll more than likely be sorted, would be a shame if the bandwagon were to miss out Cry

1)  There are loads of people incl season ticket holders who have no idea how to apply for away tickets.

2)  I didn't say people would more than likely be sorted.  I said there is no harm in applying.  With hindsight I may have talked up the chances a bit much.  However it costs nothing to apply and I still think it is best to apply and let the FAI know demand.

3) Many expected the demand to be in the 2k-3K range.  Looking back on here a few stated that 10% should be more than enough.  It is a midweek away in Eastern Europe and just a semi final.

4) Wales got extra tickets.  The FAI in the past have got extra away tickets when the home end had low demand.  If demand had been in the 2,500-3K range it is not unreasonable to expect the FAI would have asked for that and been granted that if the stadium layout allows it.  

5)  Typically Slovakia tickets are expensive by local standards and they do not sellout.  It is in everyone's interest to have away fans together rather than scattered in the home end.  

Now having said all of the above I am shocked at the 7K figure mentioned on here.  

As for Euro2020 tickets if we qualify I have no idea how they will be allocated.  I think it would be very naive to assume the 2 games in Dublin would be treated as away games and allocated based on away record.  I do know there are thousands of volunteers in the game around the country who will expect access to tickets.  There are longstanding season ticket holders who may not do away games but will also expect some access.  Throw in sponsors etc.....

If we qualify demand will be off the charts.  Poland in particular will be the hottest ticket ever for any event in this country.  UEFA are selling the tickets and only holding back the allocation for the playoff winner which I understand to be approx 7K per game.  Obviously loads for Bosnia or Slovakia but nowhere near enough for us or NI.  

I know quite a few people have bought already.  Anyone who has offered Poland v Sweden tickets (could have been us before the draw) has had them snapped up.  

The volunteers already have access to tickets, "Football Family" is their allocation.

Just on this, it's 10k per participating team in Dublin, was announced previously.
Technically it's an away tournament and as such people with aways should have preference, i think someone who went to all the qualifiers away and has a season ticket should have higher preference than someone who only went to home games. England based it off home and aways with points for each and had to have their data verified by UEFA, then giving what the qualifying criteria was, which is the right way to go about it. All if's and but's until after March anyway

Edited by wanderer - 29 Jan 2020 at 9:59am
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2020 at 9:59am

I think the 7k was an exaggeration. It's 4k applications to my knowledge and no doubt there'll be plenty of duplicates in there. 
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2020 at 9:59am
I watched the video - Thanks for promising us all tickets for game GSpain, very generous!

As for volunteers etc expecting tickets for Euro 2020, well the location is irrelevant in that regard: The games may be in Lansdowne but the location is still deemed by UEFA as a neutral venue which is why control is handed over to UEFA weeks in advance etc and it's why both teams are allocated the same % of tickets. So, this game has to be treated in the same way as any other tournament from a ticket allocation perspective. 
Fruice View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fruice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2020 at 10:10am
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

I watched the video - Thanks for promising us all tickets for game GSpain, very generous!

As for volunteers etc expecting tickets for Euro 2020, well the location is irrelevant in that regard: The games may be in Lansdowne but the location is still deemed by UEFA as a neutral venue which is why control is handed over to UEFA weeks in advance etc and it's why both teams are allocated the same % of tickets. So, this game has to be treated in the same way as any other tournament from a ticket allocation perspective. 
Of course UEFA will be in control of tickets but they will give some extra tickets  to the host FA and this will be the same in any of the host stadia.
It won’t be in any documentation but it will happen

Edited by Fruice - 29 Jan 2020 at 10:10am
Roberto_Carlow View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto_Carlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2020 at 10:13am
Disappointed there is only a short period between the Slovakia game and a potential final. I will miss months of rumour, speculation and the drama of potential ticket news.

wicklowrunner View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wicklowrunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2020 at 10:43am

I think the 7k was an exaggeration. It's 4k applications to my knowledge and no doubt there'll be plenty of duplicates in there. 

4k is correct no.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2020 at 11:08am
Originally posted by wicklowrunner wicklowrunner wrote:

4k is correct no.
Bit surprised anyone fell for my 7k comment especially GaryShocked slight bit mischievous on my part, but seeing as we’ve so many eejits across the board on here, i thought id give it a try to see what the attraction is. Anyhow, the 4K is closer to the mark although its a bit north of 4K.

As mentioned previously, once duplicates are weeded out, and other factors, enyone that deserves a ticket will get one. Nobody will be left standing outside the turnstiles.

Edited by Sham157 - 29 Jan 2020 at 11:11am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3233343536 72>
  Share Topic