You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Slovakia Ticket Refund Panic

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 72>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 5:28pm
Originally posted by Darraghn92 Darraghn92 wrote:

We were given 2300 for the WCQ v Denmark 2 years back with 7k applications according to the FAI. The requirement was 6 aways in the last two campaigns, so I wonder would it be much different this time or would the increased allocation for independent fans and SC make a difference?

Bigger stadium then, we wont get that many tickets this time. 
Based on that and Wales a few years ago I'd say easily 5 minimum if the numbers that appear to be travelling actually apply.
Keeping in mind most haven't any records 
Sponsored Links

Adobolo View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adobolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 5:53pm
Don’t know how 2,000 will have 6 aways, there was about 1,000 in Denmark this time, the same for Georgia, Switzerland had over 2,000 alright but go back to the nations league about 1,500 in wales and Aarhus. Then the friendly’s against Poland turkey and France were poorly attended maybe 750 at each. The games against Gibraltar, Wales and Denmark in previous campaign don’t count supposedly as they were over subscribed. So it will be hard to fill the criteria if it’s all done truthfully.
Darraghn92 View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darraghn92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 6:06pm
Originally posted by wanderer wanderer wrote:

We were given 2300 for the WCQ v Denmark 2 years back with 7k applications according to the FAI. The requirement was 6 aways in the last two campaigns, so I wonder would it be much different this time or would the increased allocation for independent fans and SC make a difference?

Bigger stadium then, we wont get that many tickets this time. 
Based on that and Wales a few years ago I'd say easily 5 minimum if the numbers that appear to be travelling actually apply.
Keeping in mind most haven't any records 

Yeah I know and that 2300 was only 5% of the 38k stadium plus another 200 they got and the usual 200 FAI tickets. For Wales they were asking for 4 aways minimum but that was 3,500 tickets as it was 10% allocation

5% for Trnava is 960 tickets (grim) and 10% is 1,920
For Bratislava it's 1,125 and then 2,250

You'd imagine judging by that it would be at least 5 minimum over the last 9 or 10 games excluding the likes of Denmark and Wales
Darraghn92 View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darraghn92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 6:10pm
Originally posted by Adobolo Adobolo wrote:

Don’t know how 2,000 will have 6 aways, there was about 1,000 in Denmark this time, the same for Georgia, Switzerland had over 2,000 alright but go back to the nations league about 1,500 in wales and Aarhus. Then the friendly’s against Poland turkey and France were poorly attended maybe 750 at each. The games against Gibraltar, Wales and Denmark in previous campaign don’t count supposedly as they were over subscribed. So it will be hard to fill the criteria if it’s all done truthfully.

I'm not sure what games were counted for Gibraltar, but I'd imagine if the oversubscribed games were excluded then it would look like:

Austria, Georgia, Turkey, France, Wales, Poland, Denmark x2, Georgia and Switzerland
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 6:11pm

Originally posted by Adobolo Adobolo wrote:

I'm not sure what games were counted for Gibraltar, but I'd imagine if the oversubscribed games were excluded then it would look like:

Austria, Georgia, Turkey, France, Wales, Poland, Denmark x2, Georgia and Switzerland

Correct except Austria. They went with last 9 games.
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 6:15pm
Wales  got 1200.

wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 6:17pm
Originally posted by gspain gspain wrote:

Wales  got 1200.

Quick look on the Wales forum has 2000 as per emails sent by Welsh fa

Edited by wanderer - 20 Nov 2019 at 6:21pm
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 8:18pm

Wales  got 1200.

google wales slovakia ticket allocation and the FAW says 1200 but the link doesn't work now.  
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 8:22pm

Wales  got 1200.

google wales slovakia ticket allocation and the FAW says 1200 but the link doesn't work now.  
Was it sold out that game?
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 8:24pm
it seems 2,137 was their final allocation which would be fantastic.  
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 8:26pm

Wales  got 1200.

It's on their fourm link here http://apostlewelshfootie.proboards.com/thread/9571/slovakia-thursday-october-travel-accom?page=5

Edit: sorry just saw your other post. Yeah the final allocation was just over 2k. Now this being a playoff dont know if they would feel that generous to us

Edited by wanderer - 20 Nov 2019 at 8:27pm
Greenlad11 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenlad11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 10:00pm
Slovakia have yet to sell out their stadium this qualifying campaign 
Roberto_Carlow View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto_Carlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 10:17pm
Never got one through the FAI for the Zilina game and just bought one in the home end for 50e outside an hour before the game. 

Only downside was the big Slovak sat next to me ate enough peanuts to feed Dumbo and his entire extended family , and also slapped me hard on the back everytime he felt we got an unfair decision from the ref.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 10:31pm
They'll be handing back tickets when they see the opposition.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 10:49pm
Originally posted by Greenlad11 Greenlad11 wrote:

Slovakia have yet to sell out their stadium this qualifying campaign 

Their fans don’t travel well and I don’t think I’ve ever seen them have a full stadium for a game. 

They’ll part with home end tickets easily enough I suspect. 
williemc83 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote williemc83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2019 at 9:10pm
I wonder will UEFA designate a higher proportion of away tickets for this game. There is no corresponding home fixture and there isn't any precedent for this that I'm aware of so no reason the default 5% should apply.
Jackal View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2019 at 9:26pm
Do people involved in leagues get tickets? Like people who are with the Leinster Senior league etc?
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2019 at 9:29pm
Originally posted by Jackal Jackal wrote:

Do people involved in leagues get tickets? Like people who are with the Leinster Senior league etc?

Clubs can apply for their allocation under the umbrella of the football family. Football family have access to 20% ( still too high) of the total allocation after fai made changes last year. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 72>
  Share Topic