You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Slovakia away, 26th March 2020 - Travel & Accom
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Slovakia away, 26th March 2020 - Travel & Accom

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 49>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 2:51pm
Originally posted by Tyronebhoy Tyronebhoy wrote:

Hotel prices in Slovakia pretty decent. Got 3-star in city centre with breakfast and free cancellation for Tue-Fri for £143. Fair few cheaper online if you want to stay wee bit further out. Worry about travel later.

Have been watching the price of a few flights today, creeping up throughout the day, airlines catching on even via Vienna 
Sponsored Links

irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 2:59pm
Booked a hotel for 2 nights only 83 quid right in the old town. Pretty decent price and very close to the main bars.
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
belt View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
Fantasy Football Champion 17/18

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote belt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 3:09pm
Originally posted by wanderer wanderer wrote:

Hotel prices in Slovakia pretty decent. Got 3-star in city centre with breakfast and free cancellation for Tue-Fri for £143. Fair few cheaper online if you want to stay wee bit further out. Worry about travel later.

Have been watching the price of a few flights today, creeping up throughout the day, airlines catching on even via Vienna 

The thurs morning Aer Lingus flight to Vienna is already sold out
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 3:12pm
Originally posted by belt belt wrote:

Originally posted by wanderer wanderer wrote:

The thurs morning Aer Lingus flight to Vienna is already sold out

No surprise, it was around 130 quid so a decent option for the day of the game. Still plenty of ways to get there
irish_goat View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_goat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 3:14pm
Originally posted by Guppy Guppy wrote:

What date is the match?

Thursday 26th March. Clue in the thread title. Wink
Ireland Super Fan #1 View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ireland Super Fan #1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 3:55pm
Thanks for the update.
We got a nice apartment in the old town for 350 that sleeps 6....
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 5:00pm
There is a route to Bosnia that you can fare lock now for 48 hours (so until after the draw on Friday) at a current fare of about €33, for a cost now of €3 per person (non-refundable if you don't confirm the flights). The expense required now is about €3, with €30 more if you confirm the flight on Friday, and about €17 more required in the event we actually win in Slovakia and have to travel to Bosnia (because you'll then need to book a €17 train journey).

That is, if we draw an away final against either Bosnia or Northern Ireland, and you don't mind spending €33 to book a flight to Bosnia that you won't use if we lose to Slovakia or end up in Belfast, but want a route booked to Bosnia now in case we do make it and end up playing there, you can book that for about €33 now, or fare lock for 48 hours for €3. If anyone is interested, let me know, and I'll pm you. I don't want to put it up for all to see, but I will share for those who are interested.

Edited by SuperDave84 - 20 Nov 2019 at 5:05pm
SUPERWESLEYHOOLAHAN View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SUPERWESLEYHOOLAHAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 5:25pm
Cheers Dave.. worth the few quid now I reckon than last minute panic. Could you pm please
Jackal View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 6:11pm
Poor connection options from the UK. However, loads to Vienna.
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 6:27pm
Originally posted by Jackal Jackal wrote:

Poor connection options from the UK. However, loads to Vienna.
Yeah a lot of early departures from Stansted and Birmingham. Think Manchester was ok though.
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
irish_goat View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_goat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 7:31pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

There is a route to Bosnia that you can fare lock now for 48 hours (so until after the draw on Friday) at a current fare of about €33, for a cost now of €3 per person (non-refundable if you don't confirm the flights). The expense required now is about €3, with €30 more if you confirm the flight on Friday, and about €17 more required in the event we actually win in Slovakia and have to travel to Bosnia (because you'll then need to book a €17 train journey).

That is, if we draw an away final against either Bosnia or Northern Ireland, and you don't mind spending €33 to book a flight to Bosnia that you won't use if we lose to Slovakia or end up in Belfast, but want a route booked to Bosnia now in case we do make it and end up playing there, you can book that for about €33 now, or fare lock for 48 hours for €3. If anyone is interested, let me know, and I'll pm you. I don't want to put it up for all to see, but I will share for those who are interested.

Another option is to hire a car and drive to Sarajevo. It's a 9 hour drive and a car will cost you €100 including one-way fee.

Few towns you can stop in on the way for an overnight stay to break up the journey too. Prices in those places will be dirt cheap. 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 7:38pm
There's an overnight bus too, as far as I'm aware, direct from Bratislava to Sarajevo, but it takes about 13 hours. Trains involve about four changes (Budapest, Zagreb, Slavonski Brod and Doboj) and a taxi ride for the Slavonski Brod to Doboj part, so I wouldn't recommend, plus it takes even longer.
**** View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote **** Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 8:07pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

What sort of gobsh*te are you posting up routes for every tom dick and Harry to book. Keep it to pm. Your travel hero status is in the post 
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 8:30pm
That fare lock option is no longer available on that route now.
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 8:39pm
Hah, arseholes. It isn't available for the flight out of Bosnia on the Wednesday afterwards either, I see.
E2016 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E2016 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 8:59pm
I'd say I'll have to fork up for Abbey because ST and 2 aways isn't going to cut it I don't think. Not prepared to travel without a ticket.
VanBosch View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VanBosch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 10:24pm
Are people staying in Bratislava or Trnava if it’s in Trnava?
Jasonic View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jasonic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 10:28pm
Bratislava Einhoven Dublin on the day after match currently coming in at about €60 for both flights as an option to get home.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 49>
  Share Topic