Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sligo Rovers Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3132333435 42>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2019 at 10:54am
ANy locals know what the claims were for? 
Sponsored Links

cildaratown View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

killdare town

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cildaratown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2020 at 12:02am
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2020 at 12:02pm
Somebody should tag Seamus Coleman!, I'm sure he would make a significant donation.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2020 at 12:26pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Somebody should tag Seamus Coleman!, I'm sure he would make a significant donation.

Did he not throw €25k in? 
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2020 at 12:29pm
No,
I looked at the top donations and the top one was 2500e

Unless he made a direct payment or something.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2020 at 12:52pm
they thanked their Evertonian friends
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2020 at 2:35pm

No,

Yeah, I heard it wasn't through the go fund me. Not certain on it. 
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
Nah Nah Nah Nah View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Yea Yea Yea Yea

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nah Nah Nah Nah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2020 at 11:01pm

No,

Westlife
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2020 at 12:12pm
Not bad for someone who has filed for bankruptcy in the past...
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Yea Yea Yea Yea

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nah Nah Nah Nah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2020 at 1:27pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Not bad for someone who has filed for bankruptcy in the past...

That’s the other fella
Lostandfound View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lostandfound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2020 at 3:18pm
Many's the good fiddler from Sligo. 
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2020 at 8:28am
sooo, paid nobody then let the fans collect 60k to keep you alive, and have just signed Junior to the end of the season? Niiice.
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2020 at 8:45am
Originally posted by oldbilly oldbilly wrote:

sooo, paid nobody then let the fans collect 60k to keep you alive, and have just signed Junior to the end of the season? Niiice.
Thought that was a strange one. Obviously offered him more cash than Derry .
GoneToShowgies View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoneToShowgies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2020 at 10:52am
Originally posted by oldbilly oldbilly wrote:

Well the squad was put on the PUP, same as the 598,000 other people in the state Confused. Poor attempt at a dig.

The go fund me page was organised by the fans and only when the confirmation from FAI of when the league would go ahead. In fairness there was a time when there might not have been any LOI this season. The go fund me grew legs and nobody expected it to reach the 85k that it did. That is badly need money to keep the whole club going, from top to bottom (no cheques from sugar daddy here). It is a testament to our fans and shows how people are willing to dig deep when the club needs it. Probably the reason why we have never reformed, gone into liquidation or administration in our history. A rear thing in LOI. 

Edited by GoneToShowgies - 29 Jul 2020 at 10:56am
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2020 at 11:37am
Not a scam, but other clubs continued to pay fully/partially players wage and possibly aren't in a position to bring in any more players as a result.

If a dig out from fans was required as this "is badly need money to keep the whole club going, from top to bottom" makes you wonder why they were able to go out and strengthen the club. Seems like a contradiction there

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
GoneToShowgies View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoneToShowgies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2020 at 2:03pm
What other clubs chose to do is anything to do with us I dont know. We'd have paid people if we had the money at the time but the vast majority of our money comes from gates and fundraising (knocking on all the doors in Co. Sligo and beyond during the summer) These weren't available. People can say this and that but it really is simple, we had no money and none was coming in so PUP had to happen. You're damed if you do and damed if you dont on that decision. 

The government subsidy isint enough to pay for this season. I wouldn't expect you to know that given Dundalk's backers (not a dig btw). The go fund me target was 20k, enough to get things up and running again really, nobody expected it to hit 85k. Other supporters clubs can set up fundraisers too if they if they want to make a few quid but some fans (just some) would seem to prefer to just have a go at how we do our business.

Edited by GoneToShowgies - 29 Jul 2020 at 2:05pm
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2020 at 2:08pm
Originally posted by GoneToShowgies GoneToShowgies wrote:

What other clubs chose to do is anything to do with us I dont know. We'd have paid people if we had the money at the time but the vast majority of our money comes from gates and fundraising (knocking on all the doors in Co. Sligo and beyond during the summer) These weren't available. People can say this and that but it really is simple, we had no money and none was coming in so PUP had to happen. You're damed if you do and damed if you dont on that decision. 

The government subsidy isint enough to pay for this season. I wouldn't expect you to know that given Dundalk's backers (not a dig btw). The go fund me target was 20k, enough to get things up and running again really, nobody expected it to hit 85k. Other supporters clubs can set up fundraisers too if they if they want to make a few quid but some fans (just some) would seem to prefer to just have a go at how we do our business.

But we are not being backed!! We are still living of the self made euro money from 2016.
When that money runs out we don't know what will happen.

On a side not, have all the player been taken back on their orignaanl terms now?

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Yea Yea Yea Yea

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nah Nah Nah Nah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2020 at 4:45pm
By all accounts the players and the club came to an agreement re deferred wages before returning to training and the players were happy with how that ended up.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3132333435 42>
  Share Topic