You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sligo Rovers Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 39404142>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2022 at 11:51am
Originally posted by darman28 darman28 wrote:

Cheers for posting the links Double Maxim.

They are also showing the match on LOITV, link below.
The match costs €10 on LOITV tho, the matches are usual €7 but they probably need to cover the extra fees for getting this match.

I don't want to come across as preachy and this is not a dig at you either Double Maxim for posting a free link to the match. 

But I would highly recommend supporting watching the matches if you can afford it. LOITV is a great service for the league of Ireland, if it is not supported it will not last. I watch all the Sligo Rovers away matches on it. The profits made from LOITV go back to the clubs in the LOI. I think Sligo Rovers were given around €30,000 from LOITV last season so I assume that all clubs in the Premier and First Division leagues get the same or similar. You made think that €30,000 is small fry but most first division clubs would not get €30,000 in prize money at the end of the season. That money goes a long way for most LOI clubs. 
You always here the broken record for years now of people and the media giving off about the lack of TV money, prize money in the LOI, pointing the finger at RTE or Virgin media for not showing enough LOI matches or not supporting the LOI in general. Well this is the chance to support a service that is providing good LOI  match coverage and supporting the LOI clubs financially too. Just thought it was worth mentioning.
Great post but unfortunately how many people do you know who currently have IPTV subs most providers will have every LOI match weekly Premier Division and First Division and you can bet tonights 3 European games too.
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.
Sponsored Links

Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2022 at 12:10pm

The match costs €10 on LOITV tho, the matches are usual €7 but they probably need to cover the extra fees for getting this match.

I don't want to come across as preachy and this is not a dig at you either Double Maxim for posting a free link to the match. 

But I would highly recommend supporting watching the matches if you can afford it. LOITV is a great service for the league of Ireland, if it is not supported it will not last. I watch all the Sligo Rovers away matches on it. The profits made from LOITV go back to the clubs in the LOI. I think Sligo Rovers were given around €30,000 from LOITV last season so I assume that all clubs in the Premier and First Division leagues get the same or similar. You made think that €30,000 is small fry but most first division clubs would not get €30,000 in prize money at the end of the season. That money goes a long way for most LOI clubs. 
You always here the broken record for years now of people and the media giving off about the lack of TV money, prize money in the LOI, pointing the finger at RTE or Virgin media for not showing enough LOI matches or not supporting the LOI in general. Well this is the chance to support a service that is providing good LOI  match coverage and supporting the LOI clubs financially too. Just thought it was worth mentioning.

Fair craic I hope plenty of people go for the LOITV option as you point out if will benefit LOI clubs financially so that's got to be a good thing.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
darman28 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darman28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2022 at 12:45pm
Originally posted by irelandfan irelandfan wrote:

Great post but unfortunately how many people do you know who currently have IPTV subs most providers will have every LOI match weekly Premier Division and First Division and you can bet tonights 3 European games too.

I don't have any of those providers but I actually didn't know they showed the LOI matches on them. Obliviously people who have those service providers, there is no point of them paying extra for using LOITV when they are already paying for excess to those matches.
I point was more about people watching the free/illegal streams of LOI matches. It is just about educating people to the benefits of using LOItv and watching a match for the price of a pint and a pack of crisps. It is like fans jumping the walls of their club to get into a match, they are not actually supporting the club at all. 
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2022 at 6:17pm
Terrible start- 2 down after 10
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
ripbomb View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ripbomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2022 at 6:53pm
McGintys loss been felt now and especially last Sunday 
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2022 at 7:51pm
Sligo 1 up at HT. Be nice to win the game on the night.
I love beer gardens
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2022 at 8:05pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Is winning the game itself worth any money ?
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2022 at 8:27pm
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Is winning the game itself worth any money ?

No. Just helps the pride a bit from last week. Im sure it will help our coefficient also.
I love beer gardens
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2022 at 8:33pm
Rovers miss a peno. Fcuk
I love beer gardens
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2022 at 9:14pm
Plenty of sides losing by bigger aggregate scores than Sligo.
smart man View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la
Not so.......

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smart man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2022 at 1:54pm
Great Month for Sligo. The task is to get there every year. Showgrounds looked in top shape. Use the money wisely.
alive and kicking
darman28 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darman28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2022 at 2:35pm
It was a nice way to end our European run. A win at home in front of a packaged Showgrounds, with the fans able to show their appreciation for all their efforts in Europe by clapping and cheering the players and management during their lap of the pitch.

Pity about Pats not making it through, I say the players are gutted about that one.

ripbomb View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ripbomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2022 at 6:04pm
Keeper again 
Nah Nah Nah Nah View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Yea Yea Yea Yea

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nah Nah Nah Nah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2022 at 7:52pm
Originally posted by ripbomb ripbomb wrote:

Keeper again 

That was Blayneys fault 

Edited by Nah Nah Nah Nah - 14 Aug 2022 at 7:53pm
darman28 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darman28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2022 at 8:17pm
Originally posted by Nah Nah Nah Nah Nah Nah Nah Nah wrote:

Keeper again 

That was Blayneys fault 

Ya agree, 100% Blaneys fault for the goal. 
I'd said if Blaney didn't touch it McNicholas cleans it up. Blaney's touch took our keep out of game in no mans land.

Edited by darman28 - 14 Aug 2022 at 8:42pm
GoneToShowgies View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoneToShowgies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2022 at 10:55pm
Keepers fault for me. 
No GK has a right to leave his box and run into traffic like that unless he is 100% gonna get the ball. The keeper can see the full picture in front of him and where his defenders are. Defender has his eyes on the ball. You could see from Blaneys reaction too. 
ripbomb View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ripbomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2022 at 8:58pm
Don't want to sound repepitved but really our season was over once McGinty left for Oxford. The commintater was saying the first goal was unstoppable but no way should he have beaten from that range. Second goal.... enough said 

Edited by ripbomb - 19 Aug 2022 at 8:59pm
darman28 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darman28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2022 at 12:21am

Don't want to sound repepitved but really our season was over once McGinty left for Oxford. The commintater was saying the first goal was unstoppable but no way should he have beaten from that range. Second goal.... enough said 

Just watched the goals back today. Burton shouldn't have given McNamee that space to shoot, McNicholas positioning was questionable but there was no way he was saving that shot was curled around him, it hit the side post and went in.
Harps second, McWoods was fouling McNicholas as he backs into McNicholas and pushes him out of the way for the goal. The defending was poorly organised for Rainey's goal but Rainey is always going to beat Kirk jumping and heading a ball. 
McGinty is a big loss and was saving our dodgy defence all season but he is gone now and we move on.
McNicholas is a good keeper, he kept 17 clean sheets and only let in 25 goals in 32 appearances for Cliftonville on loan last season. He has made a few mistakes, a bit low of confidence and showing a bit of inexperience at times but I think he will come good.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 39404142>
  Share Topic