You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Slane

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 11>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ireland4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2010 at 8:40am
Originally posted by Vivakenbarlow Vivakenbarlow wrote:

Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Originally posted by eire32 eire32 wrote:

how the f**k did this sell out?
60 000 people wanted to buy a ticket+they did

Seriously though eire what kind of a question is that

Sure those clowns the script sold out the aviva in half an hour- i somehow think the kol are a slightly better band than the script

Doubt they released that amount, they always release more tickets in stages before Slane. There'll be plenty of tickets floating around for this one when it comes round.
baddler View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2010 at 8:40am
Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

Would rather eat my own eyeballs than go to this

+1

Paying extortionate rates to see a distinctly average band in the arse-end of nowhere....no thanks
The Saint View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Saint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2010 at 9:28am
playing the point on night of the ybig christmas party too.
Vivakenbarlow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivakenbarlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2010 at 9:36am
Originally posted by Ireland4ever Ireland4ever wrote:

80000 Seriously though eire what kind of a question is that Sure those clowns the script sold out the aviva in half an hour- i somehow think the kol are a slightly better band than the script

Doubt they released that amount, they always release more tickets in stages before Slane. There'll be plenty of tickets floating around for this one when it comes round.

Kings Of Leon have sold out the 30th anniversary Slane Castle gig in Ireland.
The 80,000 tickets for the historic Boyne Valley concert were snapped up within 40 minutes of going on sale.
It took City 44 years to win the league and 10 months to lose it
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2010 at 9:36am
Originally posted by The Saint The Saint wrote:

playing the point on night of the ybig christmas party too.

Think they are ok, 02 would be a better gig anyway than having to go to that sh*thole slane again

Edited by t_rAndy - 05 Nov 2010 at 9:37am
Max Power View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
A.K.A. Mod Powers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Max Power Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2010 at 9:37am

Proabably because their last 3 or 4 albums and 10 or so singles have been number one here, alongside the fact that its the 30th anniversary of the biggest music event in the country.

I've seen them a heap of times and they're always good, dont like their new stuff though, they were far better on their first 2 albums when it was more raw bluesy rock rather than the commercial shyte they've been doing over the last couple of albums. Still though, more acts to be announced and you can be sure there will be another big band involved.
Co-Founder of The Paul McShane Fan Club, Portmarnock Branch
Ireland4ever View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ireland4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2010 at 10:22am

80000 Seriously though eire what kind of a question is that Sure those clowns the script sold out the aviva in half an hour- i somehow think the kol are a slightly better band than the script

The 80,000 tickets for the historic Boyne Valley concert were snapped up within 40 minutes of going on sale.

Dont believe everything you read, they do this EVERY year at Slane.
Vivakenbarlow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivakenbarlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2010 at 10:24am

Kings Of Leon have sold out the 30th anniversary Slane Castle gig in Ireland. The 80,000 tickets for the historic Boyne Valley concert were snapped up within 40 minutes of going on sale.

Just dont see how someone could be so surprised at kol selling 80k when the script sold 60k
It took City 44 years to win the league and 10 months to lose it
TheMixer View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheMixer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2010 at 11:12am
Saw them at Oxegen a couple of years back and was lookin forward to it but they were boring as fcuk....have absolutely zero time for them since.
MintBerryCrunch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MintBerryCrunch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2010 at 11:16am

Apparently they have not released all the tickets, i would like to see what the support acts are before parting with 80 blips
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2010 at 2:49pm

all the tickets were bought...
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2010 at 3:10pm
its not sold out..its just a marketing ploy to get people pannicking so when they release the next batch after xmas it will sell out..

Whays people beef with KOL? i think they sold their soul a bit but they are still a quality band.....Mayomark who would you get to headline megadeath?
Siralex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Poor Man's Duncan Castles

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Siralex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2010 at 3:12pm

Are you for real or on a wind up?

Course it was bound to sell out.  The band just sold 75,000 albums in the last 10 days in Ireland for f**k sake.  There was never a chance of this not selling out within an hour.  I'm surprised it took 40minutes to sell out.

I'm not sure if you are for real.  You never seem to make any sense!

Edited by Siralex - 05 Nov 2010 at 3:13pm
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2010 at 3:38pm
Eire questioning a sell out LOL

Taylor Swift and Jedward announced for Oxygen. Watch him sell his soul to the devil to go.

KOL are quality but wouldnt be arsed going Slane.
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Jerryfromkerry View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jerryfromkerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2010 at 7:01pm
prob bull but i heard take that are back up
aidz View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aidz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2010 at 5:25pm
this gig is the night after the ireland scotland celtic nations game.
its also on the same night as the champions league final.
and its a week before the macedonia game...

Too much going on...and im for aviva and macedonia 
for that reason im out
You'll never beat the Irish
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2010 at 5:32pm
You'd end up being at this gig with a load of absolute spa's! People who haven't a clue about music, just like when i went to Kasabian last year and someone asked me had they played "sex on fire" yet

Heard stories of people at KOL gigs and others being like oh i dont know this song, it must be a new one or something etc and the song is Mollys Chambers

This is the reason why i will not be going to this gig
billybob View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billybob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2010 at 3:07am
Just got tickets for the Point (the real gig!!)
Couldn't pour water out of a boot with instructions on the heel
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 11>
  Share Topic