You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Slane

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 91011
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2015 at 9:05am
Tickets available on viagogo for about 340 quid. There is also the waiting list on the rock werchter website. My hit list of bands to see includes the foos, Florence and the machine, royal blood, kasabian, muse, jungle, the cat empire, Alabama shakes and first aid kit amongst many more. Who is the cousin anyway?
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2022 at 5:16pm
What an odd choice for Slane particaulary the 1st one in three years

Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2022 at 7:39pm
absolute sh*teAngry
shakeyshamrock View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shakeyshamrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2022 at 8:24pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Dude is selling out multiple nights in huge stadiums globally - he’ll sell out Slane.. so if the goal is ‘sell out the venue’ then it’s a great choice and probably one of the few performers that can do so right now. 

Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2022 at 9:24pm
Originally posted by shakeyshamrock shakeyshamrock wrote:

Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Dude is selling out multiple nights in huge stadiums globally - he’ll sell out Slane.. so if the goal is ‘sell out the venue’ then it’s a great choice and probably one of the few performers that can do so right now. 

Mostly stadiums full of kids with their parents and young teenagers who will find it an absolute nightmare getting to / from Slane. Transport is terrible and facilities even worse with kids. I can already hear the stories of parents moaning to the media! LOL

Like its grand venue for the older crowds that attend the likes of Guns N Roses and Metallica that are able for it and there for a bit of a session but I couldn't imagine bringing a young kid. Me sister brought me niece to his gig in the Aviva there a few weeks ago and she said never again. They were tired from queuing, kept needing to go to the toilet, was hungry, was thirsty, was too loud. By the time he came on stage she was fit for her bed! Perhaps a little too young for it, but thats the crowds he draws. At least she was able to leave early and hop on a bus and home within the hour.
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2022 at 9:28pm
I went to Jerry Seinfeld at the O2 years ago and lost my balance going up the steps. Planted my hand firmly on some lad's head to steady myself.

Another time I went to Don Henley and the people next to me were getting visibly irritated because I kept going to the bathroom every five minutes. I wasn't doing lines, I have an extremely weak bladder when I'm on the sauce.
drog addict View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Castleknocker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drog addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2022 at 9:52pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

I went to Jerry Seinfeld at the O2 years ago and lost my balance going up the steps. Planted my hand firmly on some lad's head to steady myself.

Another time I went to Don Henley and the people next to me were getting visibly irritated because I kept going to the bathroom every five minutes. I wasn't doing lines, I have an extremely weak bladder when I'm on the sauce.

Tell us more
Chips don't bounce
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2022 at 2:55pm
Originally posted by drog addict drog addict wrote:

Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Tell us more

He also has extremely open and shifty eyes 👀
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 91011
  Share Topic