You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sky Sports vs BT Sports

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChesterCopperpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sky Sports vs BT Sports
    Posted: 29 May 2020 at 10:51am
Thinking of getting one or both of them in with football coming back and no pub to go to
BT Sports seems to be the better option at the moment but any feedback appreciated
Also what provider would people recommend - Sky, Virgin or one of the online ones?
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2020 at 10:58am
Just stream the games you want to watch and save yourself the hassle and money doing so .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2020 at 11:06am
It's also worth noting that the BBC will show 4 of the games and Sky will be showing 25 fixtures free-to-air as well.

And in another landmark move Sky will make 25 of their games free-to-air in a first for the corporation, including Everton vs Liverpool in the Merseyside derby on the opening weekend.

Sky CEO and EVP, UK and Europe, Stephen van Rooyen said: “The return of live sport is a big moment for the country, and we want the nation to join us.

“Sky has partnered with the Premier League and its clubs for nearly thirty years, and the strength of our partnership has never been more important.

“Our commitment to showing 25 matches ‘free to air’ for the first time in the history of Sky Sports recognises the unique times we are in, and our desire to play our part.”

ChesterCopperpot View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChesterCopperpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2020 at 12:52pm
Very hard to find a stable stream these days.
Did not know that about Sky showing matches for Free, that's great, thanks for that!
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2020 at 1:50pm
I have both. BT sports pretty good value considering you get PL, CL, UFC and also some of the bigger Boxing fights (although they are PPV.

Expensive subscription considering there are so many games you won’t sit down and watch but handy to have there when you do want to.

Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2020 at 1:51pm
These games on at neutral venues or what?
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2020 at 2:00pm
Originally posted by ChesterCopperpot ChesterCopperpot wrote:

Did not know that about Sky showing matches for Free, that's great, thanks for that!
Hummm Hesagoal was very good CC before the shut down .
 Now to be honest during a game the first 10 mintues were up and down and the last 2 or 3 always seemed to go down but again easy to get back .

A lad i work with is happy to pay €142 a month for multirooms and goodness knows what , now all i am interested is watching the Clarets really and i have not missed out on a game this season when i have been at home .
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2020 at 2:09pm
It's nearly impossible not find a good stream these days! There's always hundreds.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChesterCopperpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2020 at 2:15pm
Probably because I keep going back to the same site expecting a different result so probably my own fault
Also sick of watching streams through the laptop
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2020 at 2:25pm

Probably because I keep going back to the same site expecting a different result so probably my own fault
Also sick of watching streams through the laptop
Invest in Cromecast something like €35 and you can cast the game onto the telly Thumbs Up
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2020 at 2:34pm
Invest in a firestick and an iptv subscription
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2020 at 8:51am
Found iptv unreliable since the football started last August, even while using vpn. Kept the sub for on demand content. 

Share a now tv account with my folks , split the cost. When your sub is up for renewal you go to cancel online and they throw in a retention deal. Have paid no more than forty a month for all sports packages since Christmas and then split that. Had set the aul lad up with iptv on a smart tv and maintaining the iptv/vpn combo was proving too much hassle. Would always go during big games.

Now tv allows two simultaneous streams and are launching now tv boost shortly which allows a third. 
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2020 at 9:17am
Originally posted by Saint Tom Saint Tom wrote:

Found iptv unreliable since the football started last August, even while using vpn. Kept the sub for on demand content. 

Share a now tv account with my folks , split the cost. When your sub is up for renewal you go to cancel online and they throw in a retention deal. Have paid no more than forty a month for all sports packages since Christmas and then split that. Had set the aul lad up with iptv on a smart tv and maintaining the iptv/vpn combo was proving too much hassle. Would always go during big games.

Now tv allows two simultaneous streams and are launching now tv boost shortly which allows a third. 

That seems interesting. Do you get full HD or 4K on it? 
Do you get BT?
Dalymount79 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dalymount79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2020 at 9:47am
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Hummm Hesagoal was very good CC before the shut down .
 Now to be honest during a game the first 10 mintues were up and down and the last 2 or 3 always seemed to go down but again easy to get back .

A lad i work with is happy to pay €142 a month for multirooms and goodness knows what , now all i am interested is watching the Clarets really and i have not missed out on a game this season when i have been at home .
Always founds hesgoal very good but suspect if the Saudis deal for Newcastle goes through streams for the EPL will be harder to find. If it fails they might improve. Them Saudis are talented with putting them bargaining chips together, no.
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2020 at 8:36am

Generally the only issues I have with ours is for the 3pm Saturday games for some reason, probably because of the stream reliability as they aren't coming from Sky or BT. 

It's madness these days to be forking out huge money each month for sports tv. That sounds like a great deal with Now TV.

Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2020 at 10:39am
Wifi wouldn't be the best with us here so paying for an IPTV subscription never really an option, I do have a fire stick that I put a few add ons onto for any game not on sky or bt bit quality not great

Sky own the broadcast rights to bt here in Ireland now (used to be with) so if you sign up to their sky sports extra package get by, premier sports and all the sky sports channels. I'm sure they do deal for anyone that doesn't have it already but we pay €40 a month as an existing customer (me and the brother split it between us)
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2020 at 3:11pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

That seems interesting. Do you get full HD or 4K on it? 
Do you get BT?

All sky, bt and Premier sports channels for that price. You need to buy the sports and sports extra packages. You only renew by the month and as I said they are constantly offering retention deals.

Its in 720p but with the up scaling on my telly i can't tell its not 1080p. They are adding 1080p as part of now tv boost.

Either way i find the picture quality better than iptv at 1080p.

I also add the entertainment package, got 8 months for 7.50 a month. Its got tonnes of box sets, live tv and now added a lot of sky documentary content.

I don't have any other tv sub as i installed an aerial and satellite years ago, and use the tuners in the smart tv for saorview and freesat from uk. 
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChesterCopperpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2020 at 9:11am

Thanks Saint Tom, I was just looking at now myself and the original deal of €35 a month is decent but was concerned at the increase after 3-6 months
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic