Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Singing Section update

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 891011>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Coat hangar expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trapped Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2010 at 7:03pm
Originally posted by Saint Tom Saint Tom wrote:

Originally posted by trapped trapped wrote:

If the SS is going to be on a season ticket basis would it be possible to get everyone in one third of the section to bring a green flag, everyone in the next third to bring a white one and everyone in the final third to bring a gold one. When all the flags are held up together it would create the effect of a large tri-colour.

who's flag is green white and gold? certainly not ours

Obviously orange.

Think i had gold on the brain with all the new gear
67% points to games ratio at the last Euro's (better than Portugal's)
Sponsored Links

Beavis View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beavis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2010 at 12:44pm
Apologies if this has already been brought up but was wondering if the SS is in a position where there will be no regular punters in the area behind? It'll be very important that the SS can stand without constantly being heckled by those who want to sit.
<insert witty comment>
hulkhogan View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hulkhogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2010 at 11:42am
when shoul we expect a response from our application lads?
The Count View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Count Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2010 at 4:17pm
Originally posted by hulkhogan hulkhogan wrote:

when shoul we expect a response from our application lads?

* All requests must be in by Thursday 8th July @ 18:00

will get the list of names together from all the emails for the FAI that night/next day hulkster so they will probably be in touch the following week.Thumbs%20Up
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2010 at 8:32am
Originally posted by Beavis Beavis wrote:

Apologies if this has already been brought up but was wondering if the SS is in a position where there will be no regular punters in the area behind? It'll be very important that the SS can stand without constantly being heckled by those who want to sit.

well sir, hows the craic? from what the lads have said the SS is the back rows on the lower tier so wont be in anyones way
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2010 at 1:50pm
Can I just ask how everyone but 49 on the waiting list was denied tickets for the new stadium yet they somehow manage to grant 1000 seats seemingly out of nowhere for the singing section? Not complaining as Im going to benefit if my application is successful(my dad is also a blockbooker) .   Just think its strange how they were all booked out but now all of a sudden they have 1000 spare for the singing section.  Will the view be good do ye reckon by the way from the south lower? or will ye be able to make out the far window end?
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2010 at 2:02pm
Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

How about YBIG scarves lads?

Originally posted by The Count The Count wrote:

good call on scarves lads Thumbs%20Up Stick up a few designs/ideas here if ye want and I'll have a look at doing one over the weekend.

Draft 2

BUMP

They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
greenforever View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenforever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2010 at 2:07pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Can I just ask how everyone but 49 on the waiting list was denied tickets for the new stadium yet they somehow manage to grant 1000 seats seemingly out of nowhere for the singing section? Not complaining as Im going to benefit if my application is successful(my dad is also a blockbooker) .   Just think its strange how they were all booked out but now all of a sudden they have 1000 spare for the singing section.  Will the view be good do ye reckon by the way from the south lower? or will ye be able to make out the far window end?

There are obviously going to be a certain amount of tickets available and by relasing tickets through here the FAI risk being slaughtered in the media for ignoring people on the waiting list.

They do not have a spare 1,000 tickets as you suggest but are trying to help generate a good athmosphere.

The ticket office are in a no win siutuation no matter what they do, just be grateful if you are successful and dont go bragging to somone on the waiting list that may be bypassed to give you a ticket.
I know nothing :-)
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2010 at 2:18pm
Originally posted by greenforever greenforever wrote:

There are obviously going to be a certain amount of tickets available and by relasing tickets through here the FAI risk being slaughtered in the media for ignoring people on the waiting list.

They do not have a spare 1,000 tickets as you suggest but are trying to help generate a good athmosphere.

The ticket office are in a no win siutuation no matter what they do, just be grateful if you are successful and dont go bragging to somone on the waiting list that may be bypassed to give you a ticket.

I wasnt having a go. Im delighted with what the FAI and GerK and the boys have done in arranging this.  Why would I go bragging if I got a ticket?
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Beavis View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beavis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2010 at 6:16am
Originally posted by Saint Tom Saint Tom wrote:

Originally posted by Beavis Beavis wrote:

well sir, hows the craic? from what the lads have said the SS is the back rows on the lower tier so wont be in anyones way

Story Tom, nice 1 for that. Hopefully see you in the SS over the next few months.

<insert witty comment>
Jerryfromkerry View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jerryfromkerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2010 at 6:19am

How about YBIG scarves lads?

Originally posted by The Count The Count wrote:

good call on scarves lads Thumbs%20Up Stick up a few designs/ideas here if ye want and I'll have a look at doing one over the weekend.

[QUOTE=MayoMark]

Draft 2

Looks way better without the orange

Edited by Jerryfromkerry - 05 Jul 2010 at 6:20am
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2010 at 6:37am

There were a lot of dropouts after the recent RDS friendlies. 

This is a case of damned if you do and damned if you don't.  They are making tickets available to real fans who in almost all cases will deserve them.  I
suspect many will also be on the WL anyway.

I'd expect the WL to be offered tickets for all games in the end for the next couple of years as there will be little demand from away fans. 
giotrap View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote giotrap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2010 at 10:21am
I'm on the Waiting List. Will there be a situation where I'm offered tickets apart from the Singing Section (presuming I get on there) as well as the SS ones. Just wondering as would like to keep on the waiting list as well as getting SS tickets.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenforever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2010 at 11:37am
Originally posted by giotrap giotrap wrote:

I'm on the Waiting List. Will there be a situation where I'm offered tickets apart from the Singing Section (presuming I get on there) as well as the SS ones. Just wondering as would like to keep on the waiting list as well as getting SS tickets.

Do you remember posting this?

giotrap
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin%20Kilbane

Online Status: Online
Quote giotrap Replybullet Posted: 22 May 2010 at 3:16am
I still don't get how one person can be in control of 7/8 tickets???

If its the same 7/8 people who have been getting the tickets for 20 years, then let them put them in their own name and have 1 each. If not, and they are going to different people all the time the its wrong. Simple as that.

The block bookings should be streamlined down to a named person on each ticket, with the exception for a "dad and lad" type scenario. If its 8 lads of 30/40 years of age I think they should manage their own booking. If they can't do that. give it to someone who can.

You seem to have changed your view about people having multiple tickets.

Surely if you get tickets for the SS you should be happy.
giotrap View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote giotrap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2010 at 11:40am

Originally posted by giotrap giotrap wrote:

Do you remember posting this?

<TABLE style="TABLE-LAYOUT: fixed" =tableBorder cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3 align=center>
<T>
<TR =postSeparatorTableRow>
<TD colSpan=2></TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD =msgableSide vAlign=top rowSpan=3><A name=357189></A>giotrap Kevin Kilbane Kevin%20Kilbane Joined: 17 Feb 2008 Online Status: Online Posts: 153 </TD>
<TD =msgableRow vAlign=top><SPAN style=": right">Quote giotrap Reply</SPAN>bullet Posted: 22 May 2010 at 3:16am</TD></TR>
<TR =msgableRow>
<TD =msgLineDevider height=150 vAlign=top><!-- Start Member Post -->
<DIV style=": left; OVERFLOW: auto" =msg>I still don't get how one person can be in control of 7/8 tickets??? If its the same 7/8 people who have been getting the tickets for 20 years, then let them put them in their own name and have 1 each. If not, and they are going to different people all the time the its wrong. Simple as that. The block bookings should be streamlined down to a named person on each ticket, with the exception for a "dad and lad" type scenario. If its 8 lads of 30/40 years of age I think they should manage their own booking. If they can't do that. give it to someone who can.
<!-- End Member Post --></TD></TR></T></TABLE>

You seem to have changed your view about people having multiple tickets.

Surely if you get tickets for the SS you should be happy.

Haven't changed my view at all. I've applied for one ticket in the SS. I have one ticket on the WL, don't want any more at all. That is my point. I'd rather take the SS ticket and keep my place on the waiting list without taking an extra ticket that someone else could use.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenforever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2010 at 11:43am
My understanding is that if you get a ticket in the SS it will be a permanent BB.

You will pay annually up front or by monthly direct debit over 8 months.
giotrap View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote giotrap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2010 at 11:45am

My understanding is that if you get a ticket in the SS it will be a permanent BB.

You will pay annually up front or by monthly direct debit over 8 months.

If that's the case then brilliant. I thought it was on a trial basis, in which case I would like to remain on the waiting list(without taking a ticket, if successful with SS application) as I don't want to lose my place on that if the SS doesn't remain long term.

WindBag View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Makes great Pancakes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WindBag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2010 at 6:15am
I doubt that GreenF, a permanent BB if you take a tkt on Sing Sect !!

when the economy picks up and when they try and sell more Vantage, will they not lessen our SS numbers ?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 891011>
  Share Topic