You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Singing Section last night

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 20>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grazza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2010 at 2:38pm
My first time( and certainly not my last) in the S/S last night. Atmosphere totally amazing, as good as an away game. Clap

Voice on the verge of going, better be ok for Tuesday!!

Re. the flag poles, me and me dad argued for 5 minutes with a steward, told him theres not a hope I was leaving it behind. Needless to say I was victorious this timeThumbs%20Up
Sponsored Links

rolo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2010 at 2:48pm
Originally posted by forzacity forzacity wrote:

Seriously want to go in there. Was fukin daycent last night.

@rolo Irish stewards dont have a clue. There gah loving langers who think all football fans are hooligans. You should have told them to fuk off.

Seriously we were very close to losing it with him, fair enough if flag poles arent allowed but he didnt need to be a right prick about it.

He actually did look at us like we were idiots trying to get flags into the ground when they're not allowed. He was tryin to usher us along out of his way like he was so fookin busy that he had to police the whole place by himself or something.

I kept the flag, just need to get an easy pole to sneak in for the next day. Some sort of fold-up thing will be the right job altogether.

"I'm off to see the Queen tomorrow too, don't forget that"
forzacity View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote forzacity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2010 at 2:52pm
Flag poles not being allowed is a load of bs. Its another bullsh*t thing in modern football. FAI fools
greenforever View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenforever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2010 at 2:58pm

Great athmosphere in the SS, but we need to keep working on expanding the SS to the whole lower tier.

IF everyone in the SS can convinvce another person to move seats we can double the size for the Macedonia game.

There are a lot of vocal away fans still not in the SS and we need to get them shifted into SS.

Athmosphere was electric at the start and the last 15  - 20 mins but we need to embrace the whole stadium for 90 mins.

A lot done, but still a long way to go to turning the stadium into a real fortress.
I know nothing :-)
Brenowski View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brenowski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2010 at 3:29pm
Agree Greenforever i just watched the last 25 minutes again and the stadium was buzzing. I just checked Arshavin website where he always gives an interview after every match he play's and he was impressed with the support we gave the team,

arshavin.eu: Is it difficult to play with such a support from the Dubliners? What were they shouting to the Russian team from the stands?

AA I wasn’t listening. They were probably shouting something but the sounds merged into one hum. As for the game at this stadium, I think that one can get only pleasant emotions from such football conditions that were created for the players. Such a pitch, the atmosphere and the heat of the game can bring only joy.

arshavin.eu: What’s their strongest point?
AA: They are physically strong. They have powerful players. It is evident that they work on the set pieces. Well, of course, their power is in the support of their fans. They simply drove them forward.

Nice those last 2 lines it shows our work wasn't in vein.

Edited by Brenowski - 09 Oct 2010 at 3:35pm
WindBag View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Makes great Pancakes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WindBag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2010 at 3:31pm
Clap well said GF!

Now that we have formed the SS, we now need to ACTIVELY get more people in to the SS, start expanding it!

Once were back rom Zilina, its something we should start on.
Kingdom View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kingdom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2010 at 3:34pm
Have to agree to an extent with greenforever, the SS is working, but there is room for expansion! Smile

Don't agree that the whole stadium will get into it, but if the South Tiers embrace the SS then that would be good enough.

forzacity View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote forzacity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2010 at 3:35pm
"The Dubliners"
Chopper 76 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper 76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2010 at 3:40pm
re the poles. the steward told me that i wasnt allowed bring it, i just told him that John delaney told me personally i could bring it in and to get his supervisor if there was a problem.... LOL i think he was a bit shocked so he said nothing
clody View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2010 at 3:42pm
Originally posted by Chopper 76 Chopper 76 wrote:

re the poles. the steward told me that i wasnt allowed bring it, i just told him that John delaney told me personally i could bring it in and to get his supervisor if there was a problem.... LOL i think he was a bit shocked so he said nothing

somebody using my laptop Angry that should have a post by me...
greenscene View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenscene Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2010 at 3:51pm
Looking over at the SS and I must say I was damn jealous i was not stuck in the middle. Ye were fantastic lads
WWW.GREENSCENE.ME
forzacity View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote forzacity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2010 at 3:52pm
ye should move to the centre behind the goal.
WindBag View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Makes great Pancakes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WindBag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2010 at 3:57pm
Move over to us Greenscene, east to do it, just contact the ticket office next week and they'll sort it, just in time for Norway
greenscene View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenscene Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2010 at 3:58pm
Originally posted by WindBag WindBag wrote:

Move over to us Greenscene, east to do it, just contact the ticket office next week and they'll sort it, just in time for Norway

I might do that mate. people around me were getting annoyed with me last night so id fit in better with the singing crewBig%20smile
WWW.GREENSCENE.ME
AKOT View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AKOT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2010 at 6:00pm

A great atmosphere BUT hopefully better ones and better days to come

Bernard Ennis View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bernard Ennis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2010 at 6:17pm

Thought the atmosphere was great Smile Especially when we scored the second goal.. nearly went Deaf!!! Big%20smile

StevenRiordan View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StevenRiordan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2010 at 6:19pm
Originally posted by Bernard Ennis Bernard Ennis wrote:

Thought the atmosphere was great Smile Especially when we scored the second goal.. nearly went Deaf!!! Big%20smile

Twas amazing alright,Still have the headache from it ha
COME ON IRELAND!!!
Flanno7hi View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flanno7hi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2010 at 6:12am
Hi all,
First of all I just want to say thanks to you guys at YBIG and especially the GerK for sorting out our SS season tickets and for gettin tickets for my friends.

Right,
I have a few points to make about the SS performance. I thought the flags were great and the singing was great for most of the match.

I think it would help if the core of the singing section moved down from the back of the section to the front. I think it would be easier to spread the songs up the section than down. In Row N i couldn't hear where we were in the Paul McGrath song for example until half way through.
I think we need to discuss again having a leader - someone down the front or on the aisle directing things, there was a bit of a lull when it hit 3 nil but i think that is understandable with the shock a leader up and down the aisle would have woke everyone back up a lot quicker.

Also moving down might get rid of another problem. there seems to be a group of young lads down a few rows from us who seem hell bent on pissin off the stewards. These lads could give the singing section a bad name if we are not careful. (I was gonna say give the SS a bad name but i think that ship sailed a long time ago)

Don't wanna seem like a whinging f**ker with all this. I thought the singing section was great and the atmosphere for the last 20 minutes was amazing and must have spurred on the team which is the reason we are there anyway.
I'm still shocked at how badly the majority of the other stands support the team. A fiend of mine was told to sit down and be quiet in the East lower for standing and clapping. He moved around to the SS.

I think it is a really good sign of how well the SS is doing that so many people moved around during half time to be in the section. Do you think this may be stopped at some games by the stewards?

Our City. Our Community. Our Club
IG @flanno_7hi
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 20>
  Share Topic