You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Singing Section last night

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 20>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2010 at 5:53am
Great to not hear any booing at half time anywhere in the stadium and in fairness most of the stadium got right behind us.
Sponsored Links

reder View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2010 at 7:54am
Originally posted by Kerrzy Kerrzy wrote:

Great to not hear any booing at half time anywhere in the stadium and in fairness most of the stadium got right behind us.

I could hear some. Things got very heated in and around 115 in the first half with the Russian fans taking off their tops and acting the eejit after their 2nd goal. Serious arguments over it between fans around me and it got very heated towards the end of the first half. Stewards took all the Russian fans out at half time.

The atmosphere in the 2nd half was excellent.

Edited by reder - 09 Oct 2010 at 7:55am
domo View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote domo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2010 at 7:59am
Just let everyone know the first blood in the ss was shed by meCry.Yes thats right after the S Long goal the ss went crazy when i finaly got back on my feet a nice guy said mate theres blood all over ya i just said camly its alright its for the cause my nose bleeds real easy and when the lads jumped on me it poped.Jersey and scarf now in the wash for MondayThumbs%20Up.

Anyone not yet in the SS your missing out bigtime

Edited by domo - 09 Oct 2010 at 8:00am
Shake and Bake
ScruffyR View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScruffyR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2010 at 8:07am
Originally posted by domo domo wrote:

To feckin right,Best craic i ever hadBig%20smile
"Football isn't a matter of life or death, it's much more important than that."
Butthead View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butthead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2010 at 8:10am

It's such a success. We've managed to bring the away buzz home. Pats on the back all round. By the way, I expect everyone to join me for team of Gary Breens next time. Every bloody time I'm left hanging & end up singing the last chorus on my own! What the hell lads!

"I always likened him to a Rolls Royce. You just used him once a week & he'd be flawless"

Townsend on McGrath
donegallad View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote donegallad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2010 at 9:11am
Originally posted by ScruffyR ScruffyR wrote:

il be hoping to join us in there soon enough but with da help of 4 lads beside me we kept the upper south tier singing for most of the night great atmosphere
ScruffyR View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScruffyR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2010 at 9:40am
Originally posted by donegallad donegallad wrote:

il be hoping to join us in there soon enough but with da help of 4 lads beside me we kept the upper south tier singing for most of the night great atmosphere

Great to hear non singing section lads getting into it, fair playClapClap
Clap
"Football isn't a matter of life or death, it's much more important than that."
Wheelo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2010 at 11:23am
Originally posted by Ash. Ash. wrote:

Great noise from the SS. Flags looked class. Wanst gone on
the Houghton one meself but the other ones were top drawer

Must say the flags looked brilliant! I sit at the corner flag there near enough to the SS in the west stand, so had a great view!! Also great atmosphere all around the stadium at times i thought!!
"Not surprised you are anti foreigner in your so called Kip of a town when you don’t want a manager because he is Swedish and you want big Sam in charge" - a fine post from a fine ybig poster
McNulty View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McNulty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2010 at 12:08pm
The flags looked class lads, well done!

GerK, did you know that the SS tickets i collected in the Berkley were for the North lower, corner beside the russians?! Were for my mates so I just told them to head over to 116 once they got in so it was grand then. Cheers for the tickets but maybe there was some sort of mix up?
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2010 at 12:19pm
Ye another fuk up by the TO!!!
I only found out they were north at 5 yesterday
McNulty View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McNulty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2010 at 12:29pm
Thought as much! Yer man said it was the new or 2nd SS LOL..  The lads just walked accross no hassle at all
rolo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2010 at 1:10pm
Only setback was the problem gettin the flags in to the ground. 3 of us had our flag poles confiscated and broken by an ignorant steward.

Bit of a bollix after the lads goin to the effort of puttin them together for us in the clubhouse after the meeting with Delaney.

A thick guard said there was no chance of gettin the flags in, that it breached "Section 21, public order act" FFS!! Nobody used them as weapons.

I hope the steward was ragin when he saw how many flags were snuck into the ground.
"I'm off to see the Queen tomorrow too, don't forget that"
Chopper 76 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper 76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2010 at 1:14pm
I stuck a load of poles down my bags to get them in, I was walking in like I shat meself.

Carmody 10 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carmody 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2010 at 1:15pm
Easy enough to get into the SS, Just told the lads i was collecting me camera in the south lower, Happy days.

Edited by Carmody 10 - 09 Oct 2010 at 1:15pm
Out of order
Belfast Green View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Belfast Green Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2010 at 2:06pm
Originally posted by Ash. Ash. wrote:

Great noise from the SS. Flags looked class. Wanst gone on
the Houghton one meself but the other ones were top drawer

Flags looked superbClap, it would be great to add lots more and have them the full length of the stand.

houghton88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote houghton88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2010 at 2:08pm

[QUOTE=domo]

To feckin right,Best craic i ever hadBig%20smile[/QUOTE

I got in at half time, just walked down from east upper. Strolled in no bother. Must say it was f**king brilliant and I'll be there from now on.

I got on
To alcohol!!!! The cause of and solution to all lifes problems.
Johnnybhoy View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnnybhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2010 at 2:08pm
was decent we were in premium seats right above yous for a while until the real owners of the seats came in bout 15minutes late and we had to go back across

Section was like a morgue for most of the game, match itself didnt help matters
forzacity View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote forzacity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2010 at 2:13pm
Seriously want to go in there. Was fukin daycent last night.

@rolo Irish stewards dont have a clue. There gah loving langers who think all football fans are hooligans. You should have told them to fuk off.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 20>
  Share Topic